1.03 - Grocery Shopping

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Italicized words mean they are spoken in English.

Rose wakes up with the scent of warm pancakes hitting her nose. She sniffs the air and can detect a hint of eggs and bacon as well. Turning around to her side, she sees Lisa with her disheveled hair and make-up free face. A string of drool trails down her cheek as she softly mutters, "Mmm, bacon," and pats her stomach.

"Hey, get up," Rose says, nudging the blonde. Lisa lets out a protest, which only causes the nudges to get stronger. "Come on! I think there's real bacon out there."

"Bacon?" Lisa pops one eye open. The smell of bacon has reached her nostrils as well, causing her to burst awake. "Let's go get some bacon!" Lisa pops out of the bed. She stops midway to the door as though she's come to a realization. "Oh, what to do? I can't have the cameras see me like this." Like a crazy woman, she reaches out to grab her make-up bag and a pair of jeans before dashing out of the hallway and into the girls' washroom without knocking.

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?!" Jisoo's shout can be heard, obviously having been interrupted in the washroom.

"Unnie, please, I just need to apply some make-up," Lisa states, no doubt unconcerned of invading her unnie's privacy.

"Nalalisa," Jisoo's stern voice can be heard. "Who do you think you are?"

"Yah! Hurry up in there!" Jennie commands, pounding on the door.

Rose shakes her head and changes into a pair of leggings and a crop top. She throws her hair in a low ponytail and slips on a red and black plaid shirt over her crop top. Looking around at the vacant room, she uses her phone as a mirror to apply her make-up. She does all this in less than three minutes, while the voices of her bickering members can be heard. Rose stops and wonders why it's just the girls she hears and why the smell of bacon is getting so strong.

Just then, Taehyung appears at her door, a little breathless from running down the stairs before calling out, "Hey, breakfast is being served upstairs and if you guys aren't gonna come up soon, then we're gonna eat the whole thing."

"Wait, wait," Rose says, forgetting her make up on the bed and rushing to follow Taehyung, who is running right back up the stairs. She leans back in the hallway to look up at the second floor to see that all of the boys are all really up there, setting the dining table up. She rushes to the girls' washroom and barges in.

Jisoo sticks her head out the shower and looks exasperated, "Does anyone in this house know of privacy?"

"Close that door right now Park Chaeyoung!" Jennie barks, covering her topless body and checking to see if there are any cameras or boys behind Rose. Lisa simply turns from the faucet for a second, a toothbrush in , before turning back to the mirror and fixing her bangs.

Rose slips in and shuts the door behind her before saying, "The boys prepared breakfast and said if we don't go up there soon, they're gonna eat everything and leave nothing for us."

"What?!" Lisa and Jisoo exclaim. Jisoo immediately turns off the showerhead and wraps a towel around herself before throwing on a pair of denim shorts and a black t-shirt.

"I'm pretty sure you're wearing my bra," Lisa states, tugging at the black strap.

"I'm pretty sure I don't care," Jisoo says back, her wet hair attaching itself to her shirt. She's already halfway out the door when she calls out, "Atleast not when there's food that's being threatened to be taken away from me involved."

 Lisa spits out the soapy saliva in and rinses out before dashing after Jisoo, calling, "Wait for me, unnie!"

Rose steps away to let them pass. She turns to Jennie--who is calmly contemplating whether to pair her jeans, red t-shirt, leather jacket, and high ponytail with a ribbon or a choker--and asks, "Unnie, are you ready?"

Jennie turns to Rose and nods, "Yeah, I'll be ready in a second. My concept today is girl-crush. Which one of these should I wear?"

Rose walks over and plucks the ribbon out of Jennie's right hand and begins tying it around her own hair while saysing, "Go for the choker."

Jennie nods, "Okay, I'm ready."

The two of them exit the washroom and hear Jisoo and Lisa marvel at the food upstairs. Rose's curiousity grows immensely, so by the time they finally reach the top, she's ecstatic to find eggs, bacon, pancakes, blueberry chocolate-chip muffins and orange juice all distributed for 11 people. The seats are no longer divided with seven on one side and four on the other, but rather equally. Jisoo and Lisa have already taken a seat at the end on the right side. Across from them are Jin, Jungkook, Hoseok, and Yoongi. 

"Excuse me," Jimin says, moving past the two girls who are standing in the way of the stairs, and going down the stairs two at a time.

Rose turns her head around to watch him go. "Why is he leaving when all the food is ready to be served?"

"Don't mind him," Namjoon says, leading the two to the table. He looks at the table proudly and says, "So, what do you guys think? We prepared an American-style breakfast today."

Jennie eyes the clean kitchen behind Namjoon and questions, "Did you really cook this?"

"Hey, I never said we cooked it." Namjoon defends with his hands held up in defense. "We ordered it because that's what we owe you guys."

"And what about Jimin?" Rose asks again.

"Right here," Jimin says, struggling his way up the stairs due to his juggling of three trays of coffee drinks. One in the left hand, one in the right, one squeezed in the middle. He walks over to the table and sets each down before plucking out one of the cold drinks. "Can't have an American breakfast without some coffee. So I ordered from the popular American place, Starbucks."

"American-style breakfast, hey?" Rose speaks in English, catching the attention of all the boys. "If you can't have an American style breakfast without coffee, you can't have an American style breakfast without English."

She slips into the seat next to Lisa, feeling slightly flustered when the boys marvel at her English skill.

"Indeed, what were we thinking," Namjoon counters, "Next time, we'll try Japanese."

"If you speak in Japanese, we'll still speak English, since it's an international language." Jennie says, taking a seat next to Yoongi. She turns to Namjoon in a challenging way, one which is met with an amused nod from the leader, who seems to be accepting this non-verbal challenge.

Namjoon sits directly infront of Jennie rather than next to Rose and says, "If that's the case then none of us will have any trouble, would we?"

"Yes, she is smart guy," Taehyung says enthusiastically, feeling proud of himself.

Namjoon glances at Taehyung before turning back to Jennie, "Except maybe for him. He is the only exception."

Jennie laughs lightly, shaking her head at their antics before saying in Korean again, "Can we eat?"

"Yeah, dig in," Jin encourages, already half-way through chewing his bacon. Unable to join in on the English conversation, he and Jisoo both occupied themselves with eating.

Taehyung takes the spot next to Rose and asks, "How long you study English?"

Rose covers which still has some egg in it and speaks from behind her hand, "I lived abroad, what about you?"

"He does not study," Jungkook says, causing Yoongi to snort and Hoseok to chuckle.

"Sometime," Taehyung responds, shooting a glare at his dongsaeng.

The group ends the English conversation and continues eating their breakfast. Just then, a "ding" can be heard coming from downstairs. 

"What was that?" Rose asks, "The doorbell?"

"That doesn't sound like the doorbell," Jungkook says, rising from his spot. "It sounded like it came from the television."

"Ladies and Gentlemen," A deep, automa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter