1.02 - Food Race

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: It sounds harsh when they call each other stupid but keep in mind that they’re just saying “pabo”

I didn't edit!!! gasp! Sorry, it's late but I wanted to get this out asap. I will edit tomorrow morning when I wake up. Enjoy!

Hoseok had suggested everyone go to bed but Jisoo can't stand the thought of going to bed hungry. She's laying down on the large bed she and Jennie are sharing and is stating her thoughts.

“Jennie, will you please cook something?” Jisoo pleads, poking Jennie’s waist.

The chipmunk-cheeked girl is facing away from Jisoo and groans, “No. I’m trying to sleep unnie, stop. You’re capable of putting something together yourself.”

“I really can’t!” Jisoo states miserably and pouts. When no response comes from Jennie, Jisoo lets out a scoff and climbs out of the bed disruptively. She’d changed into a yellow t-shirt and a pair of stretchy black shorts before bed but without the warmth of the blankets around her, she grabs a pink hoodie to throw on. Slipping on her slippers, Jisoo exits her room and turns to the right, climbing up the spiral staircase to the kitchen.

A delicious aroma fills her nose, enticing her up the stairs faster. When she reaches the top, she’s surprised to find Jin standing in front of a large pot over the stove. He’s wearing a pair of black basketball shorts and a pink hoodie that matches Jisoo’s a little too similarly. He peeks over at her and catches her eyes, surprised by her attire as much as she is of his.

Jisoo immediately bows and says, “I’m sorry, I didn’t think anyone else would be up here.”

“Don’t apologize. You live here too,” Jin responds, turning his attention back to the stove. He walks over to a cupboard and pulls out a set of spices.

“You seem to have familiarized yourself with the kitchen already,” Jisoo notices, pulling a stool up to the counter and taking a seat to watch Jin. She rests her chin on the palm of her hand on the counter and observes him carefully.

Jin smirks at the comment earnestly and peeks over his shoulder at Jisoo, “I have to make sure the kids eat, you know. We didn’t eat before filming, so I thought of making a little late-night snack for everyone to indulge in.”

“Oh,” Jisoo lets out excitedly, patting her empty stomach. She eagerly asks, “What are you making?”

Jin frowns, “The fridge is completely empty, so I had to pull out every bag and cup of ramen I could find from our bags.”

“What?! There isn’t any food?!” Jisoo hops off the stool and immediately throws open the fridge door, only to be greeted by a completely empty fridge. She desperately searches every compartment, only to find a letter sitting in the vegetable compartment. She rips open the envelope and pulls the card out. She reads aloud:

“Ready for one of your first missions?
In this envelope, there is 500,000 won. Your mission is to go grocery shopping as a group. There is a store just below you on the fourth floor. Be careful – going over your limit could mean consequences.
Lee PD”

“What is the meaning of this,” Jisoo whines, closing the fridge door. She walks over the pantry but isn’t surprised to find that also empty. “How can they not even give us rice!”

“You know what I was thinking? I was thinking we could order pizza and chicken to eat with the ramen, and have a competition to see which group has to pay for the meal,” Jin suggests.

“I mean, that’s not fair since you have more members.”

“Hmm, not necessarily.”

Jisoo raises an interested brow as Jin suggests a game that may seem fair for the girls.

“Everyone~ Wake up~!” Jisoo hollers through the hallway. She bangs on each door individually until one-by-one they open. The confused boys and girls look at Jisoo questioningly but the eldest girl in the house instructs confidently, “Everyone meet in the dining room!”

“What is going on?” Jennie asks, annoyed with Jisoo’s disruptive behaviour.

“I’ll explain when everyone is upstairs. Can someone please make sure Yoongi-ssi is up?” Jisoo asks.

“I’m up,” Yoongi states as he walks out of his room. He doesn’t look very pleased about it, either. Jisoo smiles at him apologetically, but looking around, it looks like he’s the only one who actually went to sleep.

“Perfect!” Jisoo leads the way upstairs. The rest behind her are muttering amongst themselves, with Lisa and Rose questioning Jisoo’s sanity and the boys wondering what is going on. Jisoo reaches the top of the stairs and moves aside so whoever comes up can see Jin preparing ramen for the crew.

“Wah!” Lisa exclaims, excitedly peeking over the counter at Jin’s work. “I was wondering when we’d get to finally eat!”

Taehyung looks from Jin and Jisoo and points at their attires, “Couple outfit?”

Jisoo covers her face and whines, “It’s not like that, don’t misunderstand.”

Taehyung nods, but laughs to himself anyway.

“What’s all of that?” Namjoon questions, pointing to the random stack of foods on the dining table. The dining table is long, easily fitting the eleven guests. Jisoo had arranged seven chairs on one side facing four on the other. In front of the seats were a cup and an egg, a popsicle, a cup and pitcher, and an onion. On the side with eleven chairs, there is an additional bite-sized lollipop, a small bowl of Jello, and a can of extra-carbonated soda.

Jisoo smirks and peeks at Jin before saying, “Everyone take a seat in front of an item and I will explain.

On the side with four chairs, Taehyung takes a seat in front of the eggs. Jimin walks up behind him and nudges his arm, “Taehyung! This is the girls’ side, idiot!”

“Oh, whoops,” Taehyung says before going over to the opposite side.

On the side with seven chairs, Namjoon sits in front of the egg and cup, Jungkook in front of the popsicle, Jimin in front of the cup and pitcher, Taehyung in front of the onion, Yoongi in front of the lollipop, Jin in front of the Jello, and Hoseok in front of the extra-carbonated soda. On the girls’ side, Lisa is sitting in front of the egg and cup, Jisoo in front of the popsicle, Rose in front of the pitcher and Jennie in front of the onion.

Jisoo turns to Jin, “Do you want to explain the game?”

Jin turns to the group, “Okay, so we’re all hungry, none of us have eaten dinner, right? So I decided I’d make us all some ramen, but we don’t have enough to satisfy us so we decided to order chicken and pizza. I thought of this game in order to determine which group has to pay for the meal.”

“Can’t you just cook something else?” Hoseok asks.

“No, because there’s nothing in the fridge,” Jisoo pulls out the mission card. “It says here we’ll be given 500,000 won and have to go grocery shopping together with this amount.”

“Then why don’t we just use that money to pay for the food?” Rose asks.

“Because if we go over our limit, there’s going to be a punishment.”

“Like what?” Jungkook asks.

Jisoo shrugs, “It doesn’t say.”

“Wait,” Jennie says, “If there’s nothing in the fridge, how did you find these items?”

“Oh, I used 17,500 won at the grocery store on the fourth floor,” Jisoo confesses.

“You did what?!” Jennie looks at Jisoo in bewilderment before hanging her head in her hand. “Unnie, if we suffer a consequence because you decided to buy these random items, what are we going to do?”

“I don’t know, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.”

Jennie shakes her head, unable to get over her shock. Jin clears his throat, “Okay, so for the game, where’s going to start the tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter