1.17 - Take a Breath (Filler?)

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a very short chapter I felt like needed to be made to transition from the big plotline before.

WARNING: There's a LOT of Jisoo in this chapter ONLY BECAUSE she's been the only one interacting with BTS publicly and I chose to make this chapter follow real-life event for a while.  I may choose to do that from time-to-time. But we're going back to fanfic, AU mode reaaaaal soon.

“Nyeong an!” Jisoo greets as she enters the Inkigayo waiting room. The five BTS members greet her back, causing her to realize the two missing heads. “Oh? Where’s Jin oppa and Jungkook?”

“They had to go film ‘Let’s Eat Together’,” Jimin explains. “Too bad, Jin was disappointed he wouldn’t get to see you.”

Jisoo pouts, “You guys haven’t been around much this week, and when you are you obviously need rest. I hope things will get better for all of you soon.”

“There are a lot of award shows coming soon, I don’t think things are going to slow down for a long time,” Yoongi states, hiding his disappointment.

“That’s okay, it’s probably better this way,” Hoseok says.

“Hobie is right, it’s best we keep our distances a bit. People won’t be suspicious of anything that way,” Namjoon advises.

Jisoo bites her lower lip, “Still. Taehyung? Are you alright?”

“Hm? I’m fine.” Taehyung states, but his mind seems to have wandered elsewhere.

Jisoo looks at him in concern, “Okay… If you say so…”

“Oh, aren’t you two going to be MC-ing together for the Inkigayo Super Concert?” Hoseok asks.

“Oh, right! I just got my script. Did you get yours yet, Taehyung?” Jisoo questions.

“Yup.” Taehyung responds shortly.

Jisoo, once again feeling shut down, nods and moves to the side to read over her lines for the interview. As she does, Namjoon approaches her. “Don’t get thrown off by Taehyung, he’s extremely tired from all the activities.”

Jisoo smiles to Namjoon, “Thanks oppa, but knowing that makes me even more sad for you boys.”

“To be honest, life would be great if all we had to do for a living was film our reality show,” Namjoon says, sighing dreamily at the thought.

Jisoo laughs, “You’re not wrong.”

“But don’t worry, after the super concert, we’re taking a break from promotions for Chuseok. We’ll probably film the reality show again.”

“Really?!” Jisoo claps her hands in excitement. “I’ll tell the girls!”

“Standby!” The director calls out, causing them to take their positions.

Before the cameras begin to roll Jisoo takes a look around. When she catches Yoongi’s eye, she smirks, “Why so far away, huh? Is it because of what happened last time?”

Yoongi scoffs but looks away flustered, “That didn’t affect me.”

Jimin leans in towards Jisoo and whispers, “Hyung is lying. He was so worried about the backlash for the weeks following the incident. Even though he apologized after the filming, the public didn’t get to see that.” Jisoo giggles with Jimin.

“Yah! What are you talking about over there Park Jimin!” Yoongi demands.

“Look, we’re starting in a minute!” Jimin changes the topic. Soon Jinyoung and Doyoung join the group and the interview goes smoothly.

When the camera turns off, Jisoo waves goodbye to her male housemates. “Nyeongan! Don’t tire out too easily. Taehyung-ah, if you need to run your lines, you know where to find me.”

“Mm,” Taehyung responds casually. Jisoo huffs lightly then exits while waving to the rest.

Later that night, when the boys come home to the dark apartment in the dead of the night, they’re surprised when the lights suddenly turn on and the girls pop out of the hallway screaming, “Surprise!”

“What the heck?” The boys each wonder, entering the apartment slowly in confusion. The girls excitedly lead the way upstairs to the kitchen and dining room, skipping the stairs two at a time.

“Come on!” Rose urges with a large grin.

“Min Yoongi, are you really a sloth?” Jennie jokes, laughing at Yoongi’s offended face.

“Everything is melting, hurry up!!!” Lisa screams frantically.

The boys hurry up the stairs after the girls to find it decorated with balloons, bottles of soda, fried chicken, pizza, ice cream, cake, black bean noodles, shaved ice, cut up and nicely plated variety of fruits, and more.

“Whoa, when did you have time to do this?” Taehyung questions, grabbing a plate off the island and heading for the long line-up of food on the dining table.

“What do you mean? We’ve been doing nothing all day,” Rose responds.

“Must be nice,” Yoongi says bitterly.

“Oh be quiet,” Jennie rolls her eyes before slinging an arm around his shoulders, “You prefer being on stage than being in bed, admit it.”

Yoongi the back of his bottom lip, “Depends what you mean by being in bed.”

Jennie clicks her tongue and backs off Yoongi, ignoring his remarks that it was just a joke.

“Anyway,” Lisa takes the stack of plates and hands them out to each individual, “Tonight is a night to celebrate your successful comeback!”

“Congratulations on everything you’ve been accomplishing!” Rose adds.

“That’s too sweet,” Namjoon responds, beginning to fill his plate.

“Yeah, you guys are so busy we were worried you wouldn’t be eating properly, so we prepared this.” Jisoo says with a grin.

“But it’s 2:00 am,” Hoseok looks at the girls incredulously, “Why did you stay up so late?”

“Well we weren’t going to let you guys come home, boil ramen, then go to sleep. That’s unhealthy,” Rose says sternly.

Jungkook passes by Rose as he heads for the food. As he does so, he nods to her and says, “Thank you for your generosity.”

Rose purses her lips and nods stiffly before clasping her hands together, “Come on guys! Dig in and eat so you have more time to sleep!”

“Sounds good to me,” Jin pulls up a chair at the table and rushes to fill his plate.

They spend the next twenty minutes eating and chatting. Slowly, the boys head downstairs one by one in exhaustion. As they do, the girls are once again sad to see them so tired. Hoseok, Namjoon, Jin, and Jimin head down first.

“It’s time to go,” Yoongi announces.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter