1.31 - Part 4 of Channel Switch - Hello Baby Edition: Visitors

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose hadn’t even realized she’d fallen asleep until the loud entrance of her beloved housemates wakes her up. Lifting her heavy head off Jungkook’s comfortable shoulder, Rose peers at the doorway to see her groupmates arguing while Jin and Taehyung haul in trays of drinks.

“Unnie, the iced caramel macchiato is my drink!” Lisa whines, reaching for the drink that Jisoo holds out of her reach.

“Yah, Lalisa! Is it okay to treat your elder this way?” Jisoo scolds, not giving in to Lisa’s pleas. She gently shoves Lisa back, knocking her into Taehyung, who almost tips a tray full of drinks over.

Taehyung sighs in relief once he gains his composure. He clicks his tongue at the girls, “Yah, if you’re not careful you’ll make me spill.”

“You’d probably spill it anyway,” Jin teases, pushing past the others to enter the apartment. He approaches the couple on the couch immediately to offer, “Coffee? Looks like you need it.”

Rose groans groggily before accepting a steaming cup of americano. Jungkook is still dozing off next to her. She takes a second to admire his peaceful expression before mischievously snapping photos of it to keep for later.

The bickering doesn’t end. While Jin and Taehyung go upstairs to the kitchen, Jisoo and Lisa continue to battle for the the macchiato. In the midst of their shouting, Jennie comes stomping out of Yoongi’s room, hissing at the girls, “Are you two crazy? Chanhyun is sleeping!”

Jisoo and Lisa freeze in their spots before Jisoo snorts, “Was Chanhyun sleeping, or was it you and Yoongi?”

Jennie rolls her eyes, “I’m serious.”

Jisoo sighs and gives up, holding the drink out reluctantly towards Lisa. Lisa squeals in delight before snatching the cup and sipping on the straw.

“Rose? What are you doing?” Jisoo asks, directing her attention away from the drink.

Rose nearly jumps out of her skin, caught red-handed of taking a photo of Jungkook while manipulating his position so his finger is in his nose. She giggles before answering innocently, “It’s a prank.”

“A prank?” Jennie repeats, raising a brow in curiosity.

“A prank, huh,” Jisoo says connivingly, sharing a look with Lisa as they nod their heads in a slow, synchronized motion. “You thinking what I’m thinking?”

“Prank war?” Lisa proposes.

“Oh~ yeah~” Jisoo agrees, chuckling slowly.

“You guys are so weird,” Jennie comments. After a pause, she adds, “I wanna join.”

Rose looks from one conspiring member to another and wonders what they could be planning to do that’s bringing such satisfied expressions on their faces. Shaking her head, she ignores the others when she spots a permanent marker on the coffee table. Without even knowing it, her own face reflects the same conniving expression as her members as she draws a mustache, unibrow, goatee, mole, and a teardrop all on Jungkook’s resting face.

Yoongi exits his room with Chanhyun bouncing in his arms, anxious to wiggle free and play. Lisa gasps when she sees Chanhyun, as though she hadn’t seen him in years instead of a few hours. Lisa hands Jisoo the caramel macchiato without tearing her eyes off the baby. To her delight, Yoongi offers him to her.

“Hi, baby! You wanna play?” Lisa asks Chanhyun playfully. She swings him around, causing Chanhyun to giggle.

While Lisa continues to play with Chanhyun, Yoongi reports to the two older girls, “He’s been fed and changed. I just need to go, um, shopping.”

“Shopping? I didn’t know you shopped?” Jisoo inquires.

“Yeah, I’m buying a bathrobe.” Yoongi states, turning his head to look at Jennie who’s avoiding Jisoo’s gaze.

Jisoo shakes her head and gags, “I don’t want to know.”

Yoongi nods and takes that as his sign to leave. As he brushes past the girls, he touches Jennie’s hand lightly, then puts on his boots and jacket and waves before exiting.

Jennie turns to Jisoo, “Unnie, you know there are no cameras or microphones in the washroom?”

Jisoo groans in disgust, “Jennie! That’s so gross! Be mindful of the other houseguests here, come on.”

Jennie gives Jisoo a pointed look, “Don’t tell me you’re not as excited as I am about this.”

“I’m excited!” Lisa exclaims from the ground where she’s rolling around, having overheard the two girls’ conversation.

“I was planning on taking a shower when I got home,” Rose pouts, “But I guess not anymore.”

Jennie nods vigorously, “Oh yeah, Rose, you better not shower. No, you don’t want to shower. At least not for another 2 hours or so.”

Rose scrunches her eyebrows in confusion, suspicious of Jennie’s weird reaction. “Um… Okay? I won’t?”

Jennie laughs nervously, only making the room more awkward before she’s saved by the bell. The doorbell, that is. The loud buzz causes Jungkook to jerk awake, but he whips his head around, disoriented.

“Wait,” Jisoo holds an arm out to Jennie, keeping her from going to open the door. “Who could it be? All the housemates have keys to the house. What if it’s some crazy fan?”

“Or what if one of the boys forgot their key?” Jennie counters, immune to the paranoia oozing out of Jisoo. Jennie shakes Jisoo’s hand off her arm before going to open the door. To put Jisoo’s mind at ease, she peeks through the fisheye and gasps in surprise.

“What?! What?!! Who is it?!” Jisoo exclaims, jumping back a few steps. As Jennie turns the handle, Jisoo shrieks, “No! Don’t open it!”

“Hi~~!” Female voices exclaim as five guests enter their apartment.

“Whoa! Red Velvet?!” Lisa jumps to her feet with Chanhyun in her arms. She immediately rises to greet her friends, as does Rose. Jisoo takes a second to calm her racing heart before joining the rest of the girls in the foyer.

Joy enters the apartment first. She begins to greet Jungkook until she sees his face, startling her. “Oh my goodness, Jungkook-ssi? Your face…?”

Jungkook tilts his head in confusion, not understanding Joy’s shock, or Wendy’s, then Irene’s, Yeri’s or Seulgi’s. He definitely knows something’s wrong with his appearance when Jin and Taehyung skip down the stairs but stop short when they catch a glimpse of Jungkook before throwing themselves into a fit of laughter.

Jungkook rushes to the washroom to look at himself in the mirror, startling himself. He sticks his head back out of the washroom, “Who did this?!”

Rose presses her lips together, “Um… It was me… I didn’t know we’d have guests… Surprise?”

Jungkook groans and shuts the door to the bathroom while he washes up. Taehyung and Jin continue to laugh before they realize they should greet their guests. After doing so, Jin offers them just as he had Rose, “Coffee?”

“We’re okay,” Irene declines politely on their behalf. Tilting her head slightly, she asks Jennie discreetly, “Is that normal here?”

Jennie sighs as though she’s pained, “Pretty much.”

“Well, don’t be shy!” Taehyung exclaims, motioning for them to enter further. “To what do we owe this pleasure?”

As the girls take seats on the couch, Wendy explains, “We wanted to come for a house-warming visit, but I guess it’s a little late, huh?

“That’s so sweet!” Rose says, holding a hand over her chest by the touching sentiment. “I mean, we’ve been living here for so long but you guys are our first guests.”

“This place is so big!” Yeri comments, looking around curiously.

“Not big enough for this group of eleven.” Jennie mutters.

“Oh, right, there’s eleven of you,” Yeri envisions how the house might fill when full.

Unable to help noticing the way Jisoo is leaning on Jin or the hand he keeps on her lower back, Joy comments, “So you guys already have a baby, huh?”

Jisoo laughs, “I can’t believe that happened. We have our theories about it, though.”

“Like?”

“Yang Hyunsuk scaring us from relationships between one another because we could have a rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter