1.20 - Fools in Love

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rosé sits on the balcony, strumming along on her guitar. Something about today has her feeling giddy, so even though it’s freezing outdoors, she plays whatever her heart desires. Thankfully she has fingerless gloves that are perfect for this situation.

She lightly hums to the soft melodies until a light tap on the glass door interrupts her. She turns to see a grinning Jimin waving to her. Smiling, she motions for him to come, which he does.

“I thought you might want something to warm you up,” Jimin says, offering Rose a mug of hot chocolate.

“Thanks oppa!” Rose accepts the cup gratefully, enjoying the warmth the mug brings to her hands.

Jimin takes a seat on another chair and sips his own mug. He looks out at the city in front of them and sighs, “Why do I feel so anxious?”

Rose is surprised at this question and gives Jimin her full attention. “Is everything alright?”

Jimin sticks his tongue between his teeth, almost to keep himself from speaking. He turns his attention to Rose and sighs, “I just… Have this bad feeling…”

“Well that doesn’t sound pleasant,” Rose states, earning a snicker from Jimin. She reaches forward to place a hand on Jimin’s knee, “Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?”

“Probably not,” Jimin says, looking over the city again. His teeth are clenched and he seems tense again. The place where Rose’s hand lies feels as though it’s on fire. Sighing, Jimin speaks without thinking twice, “You might end up being the reason for this anxiety.”

“Oppa...” Rose responds, biting her lip nervously. She slowly lifts her hand off Jimin’s knee and looks to the ground, unsure of what to do or say.

“So, what are you playing?” Jimin changes the subject, grinning at Rose once again.

Rose gives him a small smile, only meeting his eye contact for split seconds as she answers, “Oh, not much… I just felt in the mood for some guitar.”

Jimin nods, “If you don’t mind, can I stay out here with you?”

Rose giggles slightly, “I’d love that.”

They spend almost two hours out there, singing along to whatever song Rose felt like playing. They sing together, laugh together, and forget everything else in that moment. Jimin, wanting to treasure the moment, films them acting goofy and even takes photos of the landscape before them. As the sun sets and as the moon rises, until the stars can be seen, Jimin feels a bittersweet feeling the whole night.

A vibration in Rose’s pocket catches her attention. She checks her phone to see a text from Jungkook, reading, “Made it safely. Now go sleep peacefully.”

Rubbing her freezing hands together, Rose decides, “I think it’s time to head in. What do you say?”

Jimin looks lost in thought as he responds, “I think I might stay out here for a little longer. You head in though, I’ll be fine.”

Unconvinced, Rose asks, “Are you sure?”

“Of course!” Jimin exclaims confidently. Rose nods hesitantly before making her exit. “Goodnight, Rose…”

“Goodnight, oppa,” Rose says, stepping into the apartment. She calls out to him, “Don’t stay out too long!” before shutting the frame door behind herself. As she heads to her room, she notices Jennie and Yoongi just entering the apartment. She a brow, “Where have you two been all day?”

“Out,” Jennie responds simply, indicating Rose not to prod further. Jennie takes out the hair tie keeping her hair back and puffs it out. “I’m gonna go take a shower.”

“Can I joi - Ow!” Jennie elbows Yoongi in the side before he can finish.

“ert,” Jennie says to him before heading for the washroom.

Judging by the way Yoongi stares after her, Rose raises a brow, “Am I missing something?”

“Don’t worry about it,” Yoongi says as he passes her, but he has a playful smile on his lips. Clearly, Rose is missing something. But she doesn’t think she want to know what it is.

The younger girl gets the hint and goes to her room to place her guitar away. Only when she sets her guitar in it's stand does she remember she left her phone on the balcony. Laughing at herself she heads back to the balcony. She sees Jimin’s form still in the same position she left him in and she smiles. Opening the balcony door she says, “I forgot my phone- oppa are you alright?!”

Rose notices Jimin turning away from her quickly and wiping at his eyes. He laughs, “Don’t think anything, Rose-ah, the wind was blowing into my eyes, that’s all.”

But his voice is wavering, causing Rose to turn him around with surprise force. When she sees Jimin’s red and puffy eyes filled with sadness and tears does she feel her own tears forming. She hits his arm lightly, “Liar.”

Rose wraps her arms around Jimin’s shoulders and hugs him, providing some comfort. Jimin stands as a statue for a minute before finally hugging her back. She listens to him sniffle and take deep breaths, tightening her grip each time. She lets go when she feels Jimin hesitantly pull away. He wipes at his eyes before assuring her, “I’m fine.”

Rose glares at Jimin sternly, “Stop. You don’t have to act tough.”

“I just… I… Ugh, how do I even explain it?”

“You don’t have to,” Rose stops him. “You’re upset and that’s all we need to know. Now, what are we going to do about this? Stay here and do nothing, or eat some ice cream and watch a movie or something?”

Jimin gives a genuine laugh, “Are you serious?”

“Dead.”

Jimin smiles down at Rose and shakes his head, “Okay, the latter option is just a bit more tempting.”

“Oh yeah, I know. It’s hard choosing between freezing our butts off and the comfort of ice cream.”

Jimin nods, “Let’s go.”

Rose laughs and follows Jimin inside, but not before grabbing her phone. Her ringtone plays and she looks at the screen to see an incoming call from Jungkook. She stares at it for a moment before turning her phone off.

Jimin looks over his shoulder at her, “You gonna answer that?”

Rose smiles to Jimin, “It was an unknown number, probably an advertisement.”

“That’s good, let’s go!”

Rose laughs and places her phone in her jacket pocket, refusing to take it out for the rest of the night.

Jisoo jumps the stairs two at a time, rushing up the stairs to the dining room/kitchen area. She scans the room to see Namjoon sipping a cup of tea while scrolling his phone. She then sees Jin in the kitchen, preparing some sort of food. She guesses it’s dinner for himself and Namjoon but she doesn’t pay much care. She just smiles and walks to him hurriedly.

When Jin notices her, he says, “Oh, Jisoo? Are you feeling bett-”

Jisoo cuts him off by kissing him, catching him by surprise. Her arms find their familiar place around his broad shoulders holding her steady as she stands on her tiptoes.

“Whoa, Ji-” Once again Jisoo doesn’t allow him to continue, to which Jin responds to by understanding that there’s nothing to say that matters right now. He places a hand on her lower back and the other between her shoulderblades.

“Can you guys, like, maybe not?” Namjoon suggests, breaking the two apart with his words. He looks visibly disturbed as he says, “I’ve lost my appetite.”

Jin looks down at Jisoo with a delirious smile and says, “There are more important things than food, RM.”

Namjoon groans, “I’ll just go.”

“Please do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter