1.10 - A Catastrophe (?)

We Live Together!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Which song do you want to sing?” Lisa asks Jungkook as she flips through the song selection book.

“What’s a good one?” Jungkook responds, leaning back in the booth.

Lisa looks over her shoulder while pointing to a page, “How about a little trot?”

Jungkook scoffs, “Do you even know trot?”

“Omona~ omona~ ireuji maseyo~” Lisa waves her arms to the side as one would do while dancing to trot, “Oh, I am so singing this one!”

Jungkook laughs and shakes his head as he watches Lisa sing a dramatic version of the song. She emphasizes certains parts and belts the high notes, causing Jungkook to cringe but laugh through it. When she’s finished, she s the mic at his chest. Jungkook clears his throat, becoming focused, “I’ll show you how it’s really done in Korea.”

Jungkook begins singing Love Battery in the same fashion as Lisa, causing her to erupt in laughter. He takes a boa from the bin of props and throws it at her. She shimmies it on while encouraging Jungkook to continue. He places a hand out to her, which she accepts, and the two dance wildly to the trot. When it’s over, Lisa places a hand on Jungkook’s shoulder and says, “Why do I feel like we’re drunk without actually drinking alcohol?”

“That’s what karaoke does,” Jungkook responds, averting his eyes to the song selection book.

Lisa tugs at the boa around her neck and pulls out a hat. While placing it on Jungkook’s head, she asks, “Should we order some drinks?”

Jungkook snorts and looks at her sideways, “You do realize it’s only 9:30 in the morning, right?”

Lisa waves the thought away, saying, “So what? No one will know if we get a little tipsy. There are no cameras in here for once, Jeon Jungkook.” When he doesn’t seem too convinced, Lisa takes the mic from his hand and walks past him to place an order, calling over her shoulder, “You showed me how it’s done in Korea, now let me show you how it’s done in Thailand.”

For the third, maybe fourth time, Jungkook finds himself shaking his head at the girl. She’s so unpredictable, it’s gotten him shaken up.

“They said we have the amusement park until noon, but we’ve ridden all the scary rides, what should we do now?” Rose asks, taking a piece of cotton candy out of the bag she’s sharing with Taehyung.

“Pfft, are you kidding?” Taehyung raises the bag over his head, forcing Rose to try and jump to reach it. He laughs at her unsuccessful attempts, but gives in when she begins tickling his sides. Lowering the bag for her, he adds, “We haven’t even ridden the bumper cars or played in the funhouse, or this!”

Taehyung pulls Rose into a cramped photobooth. He inserts a dollar to get it started, pulling Rose down to share the seat with him. Rose turns to Taehyung in surprise and says, “Wait, oppa! We have to figure out our poses-”

The first flash sounds. Taehyung shrugs, “Too late.”

He turns to the camera and holds up a V to his face while tilting it back. Rose copies the hand gesture, but smiles sweetly at the camera. When the second flash goes, the two both switch to making heart poses - Taehyung with his finger hearts on both hands and Rose with the Playing with Fire heart. For the last photo, Taehyung wraps an arm around Rose’s shoulders and instructs her, “Laugh.”

Rose turns to Taehyung, who’s looking at her and laughing as though she’d just said the greatest joke ever. She mimics him, but she’ll never admit that she wasn’t faking her laughter. The last flash goes and the two exit the booth, waiting for their pictures to print. When they do, Taehyung snatches them, studying the photos intensely before nodding his head in approval.

Showing the photos to Rose, he says, “Let’s give these to our fans.”

Rose takes the photos and gasps at how well they turned out. Even the first photo where she’s looking at Taehyung in concern and he’s looking back so calmly looks sweet. Rose teases, “Are we filming a drama or a variety show?”

“That’s literally every comment I’ve read so far about our show,” Taehyung responds.

“I thought all of our comments were positive?” Rose asks, feeling confused. Earlier, Lisa had read them multiple comments praising the broadcast. Maybe it was too good to be true to think there would be no negative feedback at all.

Taehyung in a sharp breath, “Hmm, well no one has bashed either of us from what I’ve read, but I see comments like, ‘It feels like I’m watching a drama’, ‘I bet sooner or later they will date’, ‘either they’re dating or this show is scripted’, ‘I want Jungkook and Lisa to be a real couple’, just things like that.”

“'Jungkook and Lisa'?” At the mention of their names, Rose is reminded of the text. Out with Jungkook, won’t be back for a while :)

“Well most of us get paired by the fans, but I see a lot of Jungkook and Lisa. I can sort of see why, they’re both the maknaes. I think their personalities would be good together, too. In fact, his ideal-”

“How about we go to the bumper cars next?” Rose interrupts, changing the conversation immediately. Taehyung doesn’t think twice about agreeing, his free-spirit completely unaware of Rose’s demolished mood.

“Whoa, what the hell?!”

Jennie wakes up with a groan. She tries wiggling to stretch a bit but something on top of her is preventing her from doing so. Looking down, she remembers what happened earlier when she sees Yoongi’s cute and peaceful sleeping face resting on her chest. She turns towards the area the sound came out of and screams a shrill cry when she sees Namjoon, Jimin and Hoseok standing at the open doorway. Yoongi jumps awake, cringing at the noise. He groans and pulls himself up on his knees, but still hovers over Jennie.

Jennie shoves Yoongi off of her, forcing him to fall to the other side of the bed.

“Whoa, what the hell?” Yoongi now says to Jennie, who can’t take her guilty eyes off of the surprised group of boys. When Yoongi follows her gaze, he freezes when he sees s. He mutters under his breath, “.”

A short silence fills the room before Yoongi sits up and asks coldly, “Do you know how to knock?”

“We were knocking.” Namjoon responds, glaring at Yoongi, “Come out to the living room. We all need to talk. I texted the others to come too.”

“What’s this about?” Yoongi asks, rolling off his bed. Jennie slowly rises as well, now unable to look anywhere but her feet. “Where were you guys, anyway?” Yoongi asks as he passes them out into the hallway.

“We went to the company building,” Jimin explains, feeling too shy to acknowledge what he just witnessed, “Hoseok hyung was making some final preparations for his mixtape, Namjoon hyung went to discuss our concept for our comeback with our style team and I decided to tag along.”

The four boys and Jennie head to the living room together awkwardly, Jennie making sure to stay as farthest away from Yoongi as she possibly can.

“What we need to talk about is exactly what we just witnessed,” Namjoon adds, “I received a call from Lee PD. He wants to video chat us about some footage they’ve found that could lead to controversies.”

I’m so stupid, Jennie repeats in her head over and over again. She takes a spot on the couch while the others stand around. Pulling the heart blanket into her lap, Jennie continues to beat herself up in her head. Why the hell did I go into his room? Why did I not push him away? Why did I encourage it? I’m so dumb! I’m so embarrassed!

The front door opens and Jisoo pops in with a bright smile. “Nyeong an!”

Jin follows behind with a box in his hands, “Kids, we brought cupcakes!”

When the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter