Chapter 6

Like Romeo And Juliet

                                                                                       

 

Kyuhyun was right. A week, later my ankle healed and I stopped needing assistance to help me walk. He claimed that I had tripped because my shoelaces were untied. What a hypocrite. My mother kept bothering me on how lucky I was that Kyuhyun had come to my rescue and beat up that ert. Okay, that part was true but the next day, he had already gone back to ignoring my existence. What else was strange was that our mothers seemed to be always browsing at strange magazines and talking in private. It annoyed the heck out of me. I bit my bottom lips and turned the page. I didn’t get it. It was really unlikely I was gonna end up with the same homeroom teacher next year so then why would he give us summer homework in the first place? And why was I doing it? I slammed the book shut and tossed it onto the floor where it landed with a thump. I felt like reading right now. I took Shakespeare’s Hamlet from the shelf and started on Act I, scene II. I sat down in my beanie bag chair and began reading from there.
“I brought some smoothies. Its suppose to help the brain when working.”
I looked up at Khun who sat cross-legged beside me.
“You idiot, smoothies give people brain freeze.” He just shrugged and opened up his text book. I took one of the smoothies and began it threw a fat straw and continued my reading. Khun yawned and lay down on the floor.
“So how’s your summer break?”
“I dunno, I’ve been with you every day now. What do you think?”
Nichkhun just shrugged. “Are you planning to go on vacation with the family soon?”
“No.”
Khun sighed. “So…you never told me what’s you connection with the new dude.” I assumed he was referring to Kyuhyun and I looked up from my book to see a hesitant look on Nichkhun’s face.
“I hate him,” I said simply before turning back to my book. He let out a sighed and I could see from the corner of my eye that he smiled. “What? Why are you interested in him?”
He just shook his head. “Oh right, my parents and I are going to Europe for some business thing my dad has to do. If he’s bringing mom and me then I guess it’s like a vacation.” Nickhun’s family was usually in crisis mode. His parent’s are always fighting and when it got to be too much Khun came and slept over. My parents were use to this now but weren’t fond of how close we are, in case it would affect the ‘relationship’ between Kyuhyun and I. It wasn’t like that. Nickhun and I were just best friends and it wasn’t like he wasn’t attractive, it’s just that’s all I feel towards him.
“Well then remember to get me a souvenir.”
He sighed. “After eight years we finally go on a vacation together as a family. There has to be something up.”
I rolled my eyes. “It’s not really a vacation since your dad is going for work.” Khun shrugged. “Maybe I’m being too paranoid but it’s just not like my dad to bring us along. I mean, whenever he goes on business trips…he’s been cheating on mom for six years. Each time a different woman. It just doesn’t add up.”
I patted Khun on the head. “I know, you’ve been telling me about this for six years. Remember Amanda? And Chloe? 
“Oh and Jane, she actually called the house looking for dad. What’s your point anyway.”
I smiled. “You always got me to rant about your problems.”
He smirked. “Wow, well thank you for letting me ‘rant’.” I patted his shoulder.
“Call me anytime.”
“Yoong -” We turned to see my mother standing still at the door of my room. She was staring with horror at my hand on Khun’s shoulder.
“Mrs. Im. It’s not what it looks like. Yoong was just comforting me.” My mother gasp and I swore under my breath. “Nichkhun…I think you should go home now.” He nodded and hurried out of the room. When he was gone my mother looked at me hesitantly.
“Yoona?”
“Nothing happened mother.” My mother nodded and hurried out of the room. I sighed and followed after her. Who knew what she was thinking. I opened the door but stood still when I heard my mother whispering to Mrs. Cho.
“-this week, the sooner the better.” I bit my bottom lip and closed the door. What’s happening next week?
 
~~~*~~~
 
Dinner was very awkward. Because of the incident last week, our parent’s forbid Kyuhyun and me to go out for dinner. The Cho’s had been joining us all week for dinner and Mrs. Cho had been here 24/7, talking nonsense with my mother while Mr. Cho and father were off to running the business together, Kyuhyun thankfully tagged along. I took a sip from of water and continued playing with my food.
“Yoona, please stop playing with your food.” I twirled the spaghetti with my fork and took a bite. Kyuhyun ate with a bored expression and without emotion.
My mother cleared and looked at Mrs. Cho. They both nodded to each other. Kyuhyun finished his water and picked up his plate.
“Hold on, Kyuhyun. We need to talk about this with you and Yoona.” They nodded at each other again and Kyuhyun sat back down awkwardly. “We think it would be best if you and Yoona get to know each other better.” He didn’t blink but his emotionless expression had a tinge of suspicion. “That’s why we’re all going on vacation.” My eyes widened in shock and Kyuhyun made choking sounds.
“Vacation!” we said in unison then glared at each other.
“Yes, all of us,” my father nodded.
Kyuhyun gave his father a look. “Father, what about work? If I’m going to take over one day-”
His father put his hand up. “You and Yoona will take care of the business together but for now you need to spend some time with your fiancé.” My mind was still on the business. I mean I knew I was going to run it one day with him but how can I run something without knowing what the business is.
“What is the business?” I asked. My father looked at me in shock and my mother cleared .
“Yoona, there’s a time for that but we’re still talking about the vacation.”
I blew at my bangs. “Why’s Kyuhyun allowed to know and I’m not?”
“Cause I have the skills,” he said, after sticking his tongue out at me.
Mrs. Cho cleared . “It’s not that Yoona. You will know about the business when you reach the age of eighteen. That’s what your father said and I’m sure he’ll keep his word.” My father wiped his lips and nodded.
My mom smiled and spoke, “Back to the topic. We’re all going to Paris, the city of love.”
“Lights,” Kyuhyun and I corrected.
My mother shrugged. “its summer and we figured that we’re gonna be a family one day so we should go on a family vacation together! Isn’t this exciting?”
“No,” we said in unison again.
“Oh, and the plane’s leaving in five days so the Cho’s will be staying over.” I groaned, understanding where this was going. Could this get any worse?
“Oh, one more thing,” mom said, continuing, “You two will be sharing a room.” And it just did.
 
~~~Please comment or subscribe! Thank you, enjoy. Check out my other stories too~~~