Chapter 43

Like Romeo And Juliet

 

                                     
I found Kyuhyun’s car easily. It was the one with the hot guy leaning on it. I parked my buggie beside his slick BMW and stepped out. I squinted at the theater ahead of us. Jesus, it was sunny today.
“Babe,” he greeted me.
“Do we really have to see a movie?”
His grin widened. “Don’t forget dearest, I still have a week left.” He lay his hand on my waist and laid a trail of butterfly kisses from my ear to chin. I grimaced.
“That’s great, pick the best day of the week to watch a movie. That’s right. Let’s stay inside a dark room all day.”
He chuckled, “Lighten up. We’re going to see a movie, not doing something else in a dark room.”
“God, your hormones need to be tamed.” He finally laughed then and took my hand, leading me to the theater. It seemed we weren’t the only couple as we lined up behind a long line of chatting teenagers and pre-teens. I say, there were only about a few children with their parents at hand. “Avatar’s sold out again,” Kyuhyun smiled. “See, aren’t you glad we watched it?”
“Best movie ever. How about buying the DVD for my welcome home present? When it comes out, of course.”
He grinned, “Do I have to have a reason to buy you a present?”
I smiled, “Not necessarily. Just make sure it’s something I actually want.”
“For you, wifey, anything.”
“Yeah, that’s what I thought.” In the end, we bought tickets for ‘Dear John’, just for the lawlz.
“Again, why did we buy tickets for this when you already read the book?”
I shrugged, “And again, I don’t know. The book was OK I guess…Aw, common, don’t make that face. It may be a cheesy movie but here’s the bright thing - Channing Tatum’s in it.”
Kyuhyun frowned, “But I’m not gay.”
I smiled, “Whatever helps you sleep at night.”
“Well!” Kyuhyun gasped in mock hurt. We bought the popcorn and bags of candy, finished off 1/3 of the popcorn before hand and dumped the candy in, shaking up the popcorn. The goal was to avoid all the gummies at all cost. Pretty hard when there were so many of them. When the theater lights dimmed we leaned back and tried to focus on the movie. I already knew what would happen so I was mainly focusing on not eating too much candy. Kyuhyun had on his ear phones so obviously he wasn’t watching the movie at all. What a great way to spend money, huh. We end up leaving when the popcorn ran out which was only forty minutes into the movie.
“What’d you think of the movie?” 
Kyuhyun trashed our popcorn and drinks and we headed back to the parking lot. “Very romantic. I can see why it’s so popular with the ladies.”
I smiled. “Not all ladies. It was a bit too gushy for me.”
“Oh golly gee!” Kyuhyun grinned sarcastically, “and I thought I could use a thing or two from the movie to romance you!”
I laughed. “Sure you were. That’s why you were listening to your iPod the entire time and pulled me out of the theater once our food ran out.”
He took my hand and began to swing it in a easy rhythm. “Speaking of food - hungry yet?”
I shook my head. “Nah, me and Taecyeon went to Starbucks for brunch.”
He nodded, “Ah, brunch, the meal in which losers like me can never experience.” I laughed and he brought my hand up to kiss it. “By the way, how many candies did you eat? No lying.”
I grimaced, “Around twenty. You?”
Kyuhyun grinned happily. “Oh, you know, just the big number of six. Gee, I wonder who won!”
I pouted. “That’s not fair. You were eating the popcorn one-by-one and therefore broke the rules we established.”
He shook his head at me. “That’s where you’re wrong. I took two at a time. The rules were that you weren’t allowed to pick one, hesitate, or look down. I didn’t hesitate, look down, and I’m pretty sure two isn’t one.”
I snorted. “Sure, sure. You still lost though.”
He smirked. “Denial are we? I don’t think so and therefore I get one thing from you.”
I rolled my eyes. “Fine. Just one.”
He grinned happily and leaned in. “One now then. More to come later.” I didn’t move away or didn’t fight back. I already knew what he wanted. It was pretty obvious after all. So it didn’t take me by surprise when his soft lips were on mine again. He whimpered when I didn’t move my lips, “Yoona, you promised.” I bit down lightly on his bottom lip and he smiled against me. Our kiss wasn’t long but it felt long. It felt like he was taking an eternity of stress off my shoulders. When we pulled away, it was because a car’s horn went off at us for standing in the middle of the road. Kyuhyun looked at me lustfully and his playful smirk was nowhere in sight. Just a look of impatience and desire.
I bit my bottom lip, holding back a smile. His cocky grin came back. “What?” 
“My stomach just rumbled.”
Kyuhyun snorted. “You laugh about the stupidest things.”
I grinned. “I wasn’t laughing, I just found it funny. Maybe you can come in use tonight. Want to take me to dinner?”
He took my hand, kissing it like a gentleman would then looked up at me with a boyish grin. “Of course.”
 
~~~*~~~
 
We ended up at Stanford, a steakhouse and bar restaurant. We ordered our drinks and food when the waiter came. I handed my menu over to him and watched as he left.
“I hate you.”
Kyuhyun grinned. “Aw, why?”
I smiled and poked at his Kid’s Menu with a stray crayon. “As you can see, I’m eating dinner with a five year old.”
“At least this five year old has money to pay for his date’s dinner.” I huffed and watched as Kyuhyun finished the word search. “Hey, what has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs at night?”
I pouted. “A human.”
Acting like an idiot, he dropped his crayon and flipped the menu over. “My god! You’re right!”
I rolled my eyes and picked up a blue crayon. “Let’s play tic-tac-toe.”
“I thought you’d never ask.” He started in the center with an ‘X’ I placed an ‘O’ to the left corner. It went on that way till we finished the four given to us then drew more. We stopped when the waiter came with our food, clearing his throat. I put down the crayon in embarrassment, but Kyuhyun pretended that he was hard at work on another riddle. “Say - this one is a fact - what animal is a bird, but cannot fly?”
The waiter sighed. “I’m not sure, sir. A chicken?”
Kyuhyun tsked at him. “No silly, a penguin.” The waiter bit his bottom lip to stop from replying sarcastically and placed our food onto the table. Then he turned to me.
“And would your date like his juice in a sippy cup perhaps?”
Kyuhyun grinned and answered before me. “Actually, I want my juice in a regular cup.” The waiter looked at him once before turning on his heels. Kyuhyun smiled happily and began eating his dinner. I could only laugh. We finished out dinner in less than an hour. Being the gentleman, Kyuhyun paid.
“Hold on, I got to go to the bathroom,” I murmured.
I headed to the bathroom and inside, the tap to wash my hands. The stall behind me opened then but I took no notice about it. Not until a heard the soft voice. “Yoona?”
I looked up and paused for a moment then bit my lip. “Sulli.” She was still petite and fragile looking, wearing a crimson dress with spaghetti straps and high heels. She looked as innocent as ever. She was smiling but blushed when she saw the look on my face and - looking guilty - looked down at her feet as she walked to the sink beside me.
She cleared and forced a small smile. “I heard you went to LA. Had fun?”
I turned off the tap water. “Yeah. How are you?”
Sulli blushed and looked at me with guilty puppy dog eyes. “I’m good.” I dried my hands, getting a tissue for Jessica out of courtesy.
She had a small smile. “Thanks Yoong.” I nodded, feeling the awkward tension and we both left the bathroom together. Both of us headed towards the doorway, leaving the restaurant, making it even more awkward. I felt a sudden surge of relief when I saw Kyuhyun, leaning on the wall, but held my breath when I saw Kim Jonghyun who was wearing a dark suit, sitting on one of the benches.
“Took you long enough,” Jonghyun murmured when he saw Sulli then blinked in surprise when he saw me. Then he smiled.
“Yoona,” he nodded his greetings, standing up. “So your back! Well, well, what a surprise. I knew you couldn’t resist-”
“Yoong, let’s go,” Kyuhyun stepped forward so he was on equal grounds with Jonghyun. Both were the same height with the same cocky aura around them.
“You’re her ?” Jonghyun asked, rudely.
Kyuhyun grinned, his cocky, breath taking crooked grin. “Her fian-”
“Kyuhyun,” I gave a fake smile, taking his hand and tugging it, hinting that we should leave.
He grinned happily at Jonghyun and gave a little bow towards Sulli. “Miss.” We left the restaurant, towards his car. I didn’t say anything, neither did Kyuhyun, and his grip on my hand never let go. Finally he sighed. “Who was that ?”
“He has terrible first impressions doesn’t he?”
He muttered something under his breath. He spoke, “You know him?”
I shrugged. “My ex. We broke up because he tried to me. Well, he was drunk. Is that considered ? Yeah...probably. We got together for publicity though mainly I was trying to defy my parents.”
He pouted. “Well he didn’t do anything. I guess that’s okay. What about the girl. She looks like she’s fifteen.”
I laughed. “She’s Jonghyun’s sister. She's only a year younger than us. She was my friend when Jonghyun and I were dating.”
Kyuhyun tilted his head. “Yeah, so, what happened?”
“We sort of...disregared one another. She’s a really really sweet girl, but she loves Jonghyun like he’s God himself. I suppose it’s because she doesn’t have many friends since her dad keeps her on a short leash.”
Kyuhyun blinked. “What?”
I bit my lip. “She’s really fragile. Her body is weak. Her mother died giving birth to her. She looks like her mother, you know. She also got her mother’s delicate body. She gets sick really easily. Has lots of absents because of it. That’s why her father likes to keep her within boundaries of him or Jonghyun. He doesn’t want to lose her like her mother.”
Kyuhyun squinted, thinking. “Jonghyun and Sulli…hey, are they Kim Kibum(Key)’s children?”
I grinned. “Yeah.”
Kyuhyun smiled at me. “Rich bastards. Who know they can feel emotions.”
I laughed. “We’re rich too.”
Kyuhyun frowned. “Technically yes, but they play a fair game.”
I blinked. “What?”
Kyuhyun shook his head then. “Never mind. So is Sulli a like her brother?”
I smiled. “No, she’s the most human of all three of them. She’s really fragile in both her health and her feelings. She’s extremely shy and hides behind Jonghyun a lot, but she’s hyper and jumpy around people she knows well. Sulli is that type where you can’t help love. She’s sweet and adorable. Like a puppy.”
Kyuhyun nodded then clicked his tongue. “Ready for school?”
I groaned, “Hell no. We were suppose to finish two chapters of our memoirs before school started.”
Kyuhyun smiled. “Well you got two more days. At least you won’t be the new guy.”
I grinned. “As long as you have money, you’ll fit in.”
He rolled his eyes. “Sure.”
 
Sorry for not updating in awhile. School has gotten me tied up a lot lately. And sports too T__T I'll try to update as much as possible though. No promises :3 Enjoy! Subscribe or Comment(: