Chapter 5

Like Romeo And Juliet

                                                                                    

 

 

“Let go of me!” I demanded. He ignored me and continued dragging me down the side walk. The streets around us were lit by street lights, inside restaurants and pubs, and the cars that passed by in blurs non-stop. Drunks stumbled through the streets and once in a while Kyuhyun had to shove me to avoid some intoxicated ert.“Cho Kyuhyun! Stop! Just let me…take a break for a sec.” He finally stopped and looked back at me with an emotionless face. He had that face on ever since he stopped chuckling. I sighed and knelt down with his hand still wrung around my wrist. I took a breath and my lips. After a moment I spoke. “Why are we walking around at night?”
“Because,” he answered with an expressionless voice.
“Well why are you dragging me along. I thought you hate me.”
“I do.” I took a deep breath and let it out slowly.
“You didn’t tell me why you’re dragging me along as well. I just want to go home and get away from you.”
I looked up at him as he stood there and stared down at me. I sighed and waited another minute for my heartbeat to calm down before I stood back up and gave a nod. He pulled me along slower this time. “You’re really out of shape,” he murmured. I scoffed and stepped behind him to avoid another drunk. “Because,” he continued, “you’re coming with me because I feel pity on you. Do you really want to spend dinner listening to your possible future from your parents-in-law?” I thought for a moment. He has a point. It would be sweet if it wasn’t for pity… and the fact that I hate him! 
I bit my bottom lip. “Then where are we going.”
He pulled me around a corner and we stood in front of a sushi restaurant. “We’re eating dinner.” We entered the restaurant and were directed to a booth seat at the back. The place was real classic looking with the colors black and white. A woman came over and handed us each a menu. Kyuhyun looked over it once before dropping it and slumping back in his seat. I sighed and decided on the yellow dragon roll and ice tea. When the waitress came back he ordered first.
“One crab meat roll, one spicy tuna roll, one ordinary tuna roll, one California roll, and one plain udon with miso soup. And to drink…water would be nice.” I gaped at him for a minute but he had already slumped back into his seat and was staring at the ceiling.
“Um…I’ll just have a yellow dragon roll and an ice tea, please.” The waitress nodded and scurried over to assist other customers.
“Are you gonna be able to eat all that?” I asked him, unsure of how much raw fish he could hold.
“Yep,” he replied without looking at me. I shrugged and rested my cheek on my palm. His leg was vibrating and shook the table.
“Stop that,” I demanded.
“Well then stop that.” I realized my fingers had been beating against the table in a light rhythm. I started adding more force.
“What, this?”
“Yes. Stop it.”
“Then stop shaking your leg.”
“What if I don’t want to,” he asked, leaning closer. I snatched his chopsticks and stuck out of my tongue. He stood up and slammed the table.
“Gasp! You stole my chopsticks! CHOPSTICKS STEALER! I’m reporting you!” The waitress scurried over and handed Kyuhyun a pair of new chopsticks.
“No, no. I won’t accept any chopstick but the one she STOLE from me.”
“Are you accusing me?” He slammed the table once again. I ripped the paper off the chopsticks and stabbed his hand. He groaned and caressed his hand.
“Sir, please, just take the chopsticks.”
“No, if she wants a fight then we’ll fight!”
“Sir please just take it. You’re causing a lot of commotion.”
“Yah you little ”
“Sir we will kick you out.”
“Did you just call me a you bastard!”
“!”
“Man-!”
“SIR! JUST TAKE THE DAMN CHOPSTICKS!” We both jumped at the waitresses demand and we sat back down in our seats. He took the new chopsticks from the waitress while blushing and I stared down at my lap. When our food came a different waitress brought it to our table and I felt a little ashamed. I cleared my throat and finished my yellow dragon roll in silence as Kyuhyun mixed the wasabi with soya sauce and finished the sushi and udon in a hurry. The ice tea took effect soon and I hurried off to the bathroom. When I came back, the table was cleared and empty except for the bill and a yellow sticky note.
 
U O ME
 
I crumpled the note and left a fifty before hurrying after him. Kyuhyun wasn’t far and I could see him stalk off in the direction of home.
“Yah you -” I’m not so sure what happened next but suddenly I was on the floor and my ankle was pulsing with pain. I pushed myself off the floor but found I couldn’t move my leg.
“Hey sweet stuff, need some help?”
I pushed the drunk away from me, “I’m good.” He grabbed my wrist with a crooked smile on his face.
“I wasn’t asking.” He started to drag me to the alley and I tried hitting him but his grip on my wrist was strong and my kicking him was out of the question. So I bit him. He screamed in pain and slapped me across my face. I closed my eyes and waited for the next impact to come but instead I heard something else. It was an impact to skin except it wasn’t me. I opened my eyes to see Kyuhyun beating the ert. He pulled him up from the ground by the collar with one hand and whispered something in his ear that must have been pretty scary cause the ert ran off despite his bruises. Kyuhyun leaned down beside me and caressed my ankle.
“How bad is it?” He sounds so gentle.
“I can’t move it.” He examined it like a professional.
“Some pain killers should help but overall it should heal in a week or so.” I nodded and bit my bottom lip.
“Come on, let’s get you home,” he murmured. He bent down and grabbed my arms.
“What are you doing?” I asked.
“I’m giving you a piggy-back ride. Or do you plan to walk home alone and probably get this time.” I rolled my eyes but let him pull me onto his back. I moved my legs around his waist to help with the weight. He cleared his throat and he began walking, our hands still holding onto each other. Cars were reducing to only a few couple and the restaurant lights flickered off one by one. The only light was the dim glow from the street lights and they reminded me of night lights, making me sleepy. I began nodding off slightly but caught myself each time. “It’s okay. Just go to sleep.” I blinked, trying to get the sleep out.
“Why are you being so gentle?”
He didn’t answer after a moment. “…nothing.” Nothing? I blinked but finally gave in and nuzzled my head into the side of his head and he cleared his throat slightly. I never let go of his hands.
 
~~~Please Comment And Subscribe! No Silent Reader Please. Thank You, Hope You Guys Enjoy. Oh Yeah And Check Out My Other Story "Unrequited" http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/104068/unrequited-dbsk-jaejoong-jessica-kyuhyun-snsd-yoona-yunho Once Again, Thank You Very Much(; ~~~