Chapter 28

Like Romeo And Juliet

                                                             

 

I got out of my car and rang the door bell. As if she was standing there the whole time, she immediately opened the door.
“What were you thinking bringing something like that here!” she exclaimed pointing at Kyuhyun’s car.
“Um, is there a problem here?”
IU eyed the car before gripping onto my arm and dragging me into her house. “Hurry up!” I sighed and quickened my pace and we headed down to the basement and into a room. I stood there in darkness for a second before IU the lights and I found her sitting on a chair in front of a work desk. “Sit.” I obeyed. She leaned in and began speaking. “Let’s get down to business before my parents get home.”
“Still living with your parent’s I see.”
IU snorted. “You make it sound so bad and besides, once I become an official P.I. I’ll pay them back the rent and the food I’ve eaten. Can you believe it, there billing me, their own daughter. How outrageous!”
“Yes, yes, back to the point,” I murmured resisting the urge to roll my eyes.
IU sighed and leaned back in her chair. “What’s your business?”
“I need someone to me around LA.” IU rolled her eyes, breaking her serious face.
“Please, you just want someone to spend the day with. Yoona, we’re friends but understand I have business. I can’t spend my day entertaining you when there are clients.”
“Client’s, really?”
“OK, fine. But I have people working for me who gives me information about everybody and if they find something big-“
“Which reminds me,” I smirked, “What has Yuri told you about my…problem.”
IU blushed, “Yoong, it’s my job. I have to know everything so if there was some case I could help.”
“Or sell me out,” I finished.
“I wasn’t going to say that.”
“You were thinking it though.”
I sighed. “Look IU, I need a friend, an . No, a bodyguard, how about that? Please…”
“Yoo-“
“I’ll pay.” IU re-plastered on her business face.
“How much?”
“One chocolate bar a week.”
“Yoong, I’m no longer a child,” though I could see the eagerness in her eyes since her parent’s forbade sweets in the house.
“Fine, two chocolate bars every day.”
“You got yourself a deal,” she smirked, sticking out her hand. I smiled and shook it.
“Good, now let’s go see some sights.”
 
~~~*~~~
 
“Wasn’t that awesome?” I smiled skipping down the stairs.
“Please Yoong, I’m trying to protect you from harm.”
“Really, at a museum?”
IU took off her sunglasses and rubbed her temples. “Let’s just keep moving. Staying in one place for to long will make my job difficult.”
I rolled my eyes. “Whatever, I’m bored of all the museums, let’s go visit the Beverly Center Shopping Mall.”
IU sighed and placed her sunglasses back on her face before ‘escorting’ me to Kyuhyun’s car. I got in and she pointed out the directions. “Seriously IU, this isn’t my first time in LA.” I could tell IU rolled her eyes behind the sunglasses.
“I don’t care; let’s just hurry up so I can get my payment.”
“Yes, yes. I know. Do you want bitter, milk, white, caramel, cookies, or nut?”
“Cookies and cream please.”
I smirked. “Of course.” IU frowned.
“What’s wrong?”
“Hm…the black car behind us. It looks familiar. Hey, wasn’t it the one that was parked behind us at the museum?”
I looked at the rear view mirror and snorted. “Course not. You’re taking this bodyguard thing too seriously.” IU frowned but sat back. I gave the car one last look, my eyes flashed. More trouble.
 
Kyuhyun’s POV
 
I hung up from the conversation with Yoong, smirk plastered onto my face. “Well, let’s go.”
“Forget it, Kyuhyun. I don’t want to play hide and seek with you and your girlfriend.”
“Shut up, Eunhyuk. Come on, guys.” Sungmin hopped off the last step, wearing one of my shirts. “You’re gonna bring that back right?”
“Once you wash the ketchup of my shirt.”
“Which is never,” Ryeowook snorted.
I rolled my eyes. “Just come, kay. I’ll pay for lunch.
“I would have gone either way,” Eunhyuk smirked.
“Me too,” smiled Sungmin, though he was already smiling.
“I’m going for the food,” sighed Ryeowook.
“Nah, I’m going after Kyu’s girl.”
“Eunhyuk, that’s not nice,” Sungmin pouted. Eunhyuk just snorted and looked at me. “Aw come one Kyu, it’s not like it wasn’t going to happen sometime soon. Please, all girls eventually fall for me and since when did you care. Girl’s are toys, remember?”
I clenched my jaw. “Yoong’s…different. Even you know that, Eunhyuk.”
He snorted. “Just because she’s your child hood friend doesn’t mean you call dibs and anyways, don’t give the ‘she’s different from other girls’ . Girls are girls. Geez Kyuhyun, don’t lecture me unless you’re gonna end up marrying her, your true love.” I clenched and unclenched my fists.
“Eunhyuk, I think you went too far.” Sungmin said.
“Stop being a little wimp, Sungmin. Besides, if that girl knew the truth about Kyuhyun, she’d ditch him in the gutter right away, you know for a better man-“ Eunhyuk was cut off by my fist directed to his face. I watched as Eunhyuk fell to the floor, his hand covering his nose but we could all see a trail of blood.
“Dude!” Ryeowook and Sungmin hurried over and helped Eunhyuk up.
“Is it broken?” murmured Ryeowook.
“DundunDUN!” Sungmin replied, adding the sound effects, still smiling.
Eunhyuk pushed them of and stood letting go of his nose and wiping away the blood. “I’m fine. Let’s just go.” I shrugged giving him one last glare, and grabbed the keys to my black Honda civic. We got into the car and I started down the road.
“Hey Kyu, where are we going?” Sungmin smiled, grabbing onto my head rest from the back seat.
“We’re going to IU’s.”
“Eh? Your girlfriend is cheating on you?”
“IU’s a girl, smart one.”
“Ooh, really? I wonder if there’s a girl name Sungmin out there then I’d find my dream girl!” I groaned, why I was stuck with a bunch of idiots, especially Sungmin. He was childish when we were kids as well but at least he was smart and now he’s an eighteen year old and still he’s a kid, just without the brain. 
“Actually, the perfect girl would be the female version of me,” Eunhyuk replied, looking at his nails.
“But if they’re basically you, wouldn’t it be weird to ‘do it’ with yourself?”
“Eh!” Sungmin gasped, “Ryeowook, you’re so dirty minded.”
I could see Ryeowook blush furiously. “Don’t call me names when you two were the one’s talking about changing your gender.” Sungmin leaned forward and propped his chin on my shoulder.
“Whisper, whisper,” he murmured. I sighed.
“Hey that’s no fair! What did Sungmin tell you, Kyu?” Ryeowook murmured, now also disrupting my personal bubble.
Eunhyuk leaned in as well. “Come on, tell us.” Sungmin stuck out his tongue and waved his hand royally.
“You two were mean to me so your both not worth it,” How I wished to slam my head on the steering wheel and just crash us into a tree or something. But I wouldn’t do that or I’d endanger myself and my baby (his car).
 
~~~*~~~
 
“Ah! Kyuhyun, didn’t you just pass the house?” I clenched my jaw.
“No, Sungmin. I did not just pass IU’s house and please stop asking me every time we pass a random house or building that looks like someone lives there.”
“Eh…” groaned Sungmin sitting back with his legs propped up and his arms crossed over his knee’s, his head resting on his arms.
“Sungmin, get your feet off my poor baby!” Sungmin just buried his head deeper into his arms. I sighed and turned the corner, entering IU’s neighborhood. I parked my car on the other side of the street and sat there, glaring at the house. There was my red Chevrolet Corvette C6 and a second later Yoona and IU stepped out of the town house, IU wearing a large baggy black hoodie with the hood pulled up and large dark sunglasses covering the front of her face. On the bottom she wore camo-style sweatpants and running shoes. Yoona eyed her funny then rolled her eyes and turned away, looking straight at me. She blinked for a second then sighed and turned away before waving her hand at us royally and getting into the car.
“Let’s go,” I murmured. Maybe LA was a bad idea after all.
 
Yoona’s POV
 
 
I plopped onto the floor of the park and watched as kids, parent’s, and couples pass us.
“I knew it, they are following us!”
“What now, IU?” The past two hours she had already suspected 1/6 of the population was ‘following’ us. Maybe I should have just went and visit some other friends. Actually now that I think of it, I only picked IU because she wasn’t one of the rich girls that I knew who were spoiled and revealed too much skin. Actually I wouldn’t really consider them friends.
“You better come out right now, I know your there.” I turned to where the forests of trees were and Sungmin suddenly skipped out from the shadows.
“Kay Kay, it was getting boring anyways.” I heard a few hisses and angry protest from the shadows then Kyuhyun came out hands up in the air with Eunhyuk and Ryeowook behind him.
“Caught us.”
“Hands up where I can see them,” IU growled.
“Or what?” Eunhyuk snorted. I sighed and turned my attention away again though I could still here them and I could see that practically everyone in the park had their attentions turned toward IU and the three retard musketeers with their idiot leader.
“Eh? Sir street-fighter with the panda eyes is actually a girl!” Sungmin yelled.
“Eunhyuk, I told you to give him decaf and to not let him add a jar of sugar into his breakfast!”
“I couldn’t do anything! He-he threatened me!” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. I sighed, deciding they had been embarrassed enough without realizing it.
“Their with me, IU.” John’s expression suddenly perked up. “Wait Eunhyuk did you say? Then you must be Kim Ryeowook, Lee Eunhyuk, Lee Sungmin, and of course the famous Mr. Cho Kyuhyun.”
“Cheers! You got it right,” I muttered sarcastically. IU reached into her bag and took out a notebook and a pen, plastering on her business face.
“Do you mind if I interview you three. It’s for my files. They seem to be pretty bare when it concerns the rich group and I can only get information from insiders. It will really help with my cases and my clients.”
“Eh? Interview?”
“Uh…Cases?”
“Files?”
“Insiders?”
“Clients?” I snorted. I stood up and wiped at my pants, sweeping off the grass.
“Well I guess I should begin explaining then.”
“IU’s dream is to be a P.I. and so she collects information on anyone she can. These ‘insiders’ as she calls them are just friends who tell her stuff, usually a bribe or payment is involved and currently I’m her client and she’s my personal .”
“Bodyguard!” IU snapped.
Kyuhyun smirked. “That’s right. I remember bribing her with candy to get her to tell me who your crush was when we were nine so that I could sabotage - I mean, ‘involve’ myself…” I kicked in his direction and he lifted his hands.
“Wow there, calm down. You could get someone hurt,” he replied with wide innocent eyes.
I ran my and threw my hair and sighed. “Can we just go home?”
“Good idea, I’m getting hungry. Forget about our previous arrangements, you can just serve me some dinner. Pizza anyone?” Kyuhyun gave me a pouting look and I shrugged as an answer.
“Eh? Pizza? Oh! I want mushrooms on mine!”
“Plain cheese.”
“Psh, no way! Hawaiian!”
“How about hot peppers, whoever eats the most I’ll pay.”
“Eh? No way!” Kyuhyun slung his arm over my shoulder as we followed the arguing ‘kids’ back to our cars.
“Pizza and chicken on Kyuhyun!” Sungmin cheered. Kyuhyun was about to argue but I cut in.
“Are you capable of resisting his puppy dog pout?” Kyuhyun looked at me and was about to answer when he sighed.
“They better pay me back somehow.” I leaned in on my tippy-toes and gave him a peck on the cheek. “There, I paid for my share,” I replied hurrying after the rest of them when Kyuhyun pulled me back by my arm and spun me around and I collided with his chest. He leaned in and softly placed his lips on mines.
“How about I throw in movies and flowers?” he whispered against my lips and when I thought he was gonna kiss me again he pulled away and ran after the guys, leaving me blushing.