Chapter 37

Like Romeo And Juliet

                                                              

 

This was it. He was it. Kyuhyun, my Romeo. Hah! That’s a LIE. Though the kisses are addicting… Hell, I’d never admit it either way. I yawned and turned over. Kyuhyun lay there, like he always did, asleep with a completely innocent look on his face. I smiled and hesitantly reached out before giving in and pushed his bang away from his closed eyes. He looked adorable. I wonder what our baby would look like… I blinked and shook my head. I was getting waaaaay too into this ‘relationship’ thing. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and pried them away from him. Pushing the blanket off of me, I hopped off the bed and headed for the bathroom. First thing, I headed into the shower. When I was done with that I dried my hair with the towel, ran my hand over it once then wiped the fog off the mirror. I stared at myself.  I picked up my toothpick up and squirted on some minty toothpaste and poured myself a cup of mouthwash and a cup of water to drown it all out after. I was that picky when it came to morning breath. Done with all that, I washed my face before I applied the usual eyeliner, mascara, and a hint of eye shadow. I was always fussy with lipstick so instead I applied a light layer of clear lip gloss Then I finally got to my hair. I never really tried making bed head into a hairstyle on purpose. In the end the result looked good. Maybe, I did have skills. Or maybe I was giving myself too much credit. I stepped out of the bathroom and looked over at the bed. Kyuhyun was still asleep and was murmuring silently about something. I smiled. How cute. I walked over to the closet and put on a pair of white skinny jeans and a black and white striped shirt with the sleeves off the shoulders. Shoving my feet into a pair of plaid skate shoes, I gave Kyuhyun one last look before skipping downstairs to the kitchen to get some breakfast. Apparently breakfast was already served. Inside the kitchen, I saw Ryeowook at the stove cooking with one of the many random aprons this house stores, the smell of eggs, ham and cheese, tomato, and broccoli wafted through the room.
“Morning Yoong,” Eunhyuk smiled, tossing a magazine of some sort to the corner of the black surface.
I nodded lazily with a curious glimmer. “Did Kyuhyun give you a key to his place or something?”
Eunhyuk smirked, leaning across the kitchen island table, propping his head on the palms of his hands. “No love, we just climbed through a window.”
Blinking, I sat down across from him on one of the high black stools. “Aren’t all the windows locked? We didn’t open any yesterday.” Eunhyuk smirked.
“Kyuhyun always leaves one of the windows unlocked for us to come through. It was how we were able to hang out when we were younger and he was grounded. Besides, his parents wouldn’t let any friends over back then. …” Ryeowook turned off the stove and approached us with a dish of omelets, the smell alluring.
“Ya, except that jerk expect us to find it on our own. He never keeps the same window open on the same day.” Ryeowook gently laid one of the omelets on my plate and slowly pulled the spatula away, careful to not break it. He handled the food with care and had a soft but proud look on his face. “Taste and see if it’s good.”
“Don’t need too,” Eunhyuk  replied through bites of his breakfast. He looked at me and pointed at Ryeowook with his thumb. “He’s a genius chef and spends his time creating new recipes. He has his pride in what he makes. Try it.” I didn’t need to be told twice. I picked up my fork and broke a piece off my omelet and placed it in my mouth. This is when people would use that phrase: “A taste of heaven in every bite.” And which commercial was that again?
“Yummy~!” I watched from side-view as Ryeowook broke into a grin - a very handsome and carefree smile that was much better than his usual serious features - then blushed and tried to look stern in front of Eunhyuk who was grinning like the Cheshire cat.
“Oh hey,” I noticed as my eyes roamed around the room, “Where’s Sungmin.” Mostly I just wanted to ask Sungmin about the message he had deleted from my phone without informing me about it. I was also incredibly curious about his little speech though after that day, Sungmin was no longer the easy going child-like boy. Back then I took those days for granted; now I’m sort of frightened yet fascinated. 
Eunhyuk rolled his eyes and spoke through mouth full’s, “He was in one of his moods today.”
“Moods?”
Ryeowook nodded, sitting beside me and eating his omelet. “Never get Sungmin angry. He has this serious side that he can express in any way he likes, depends on what it’s about. The ‘bad’ Sungmin, as we call him, is something you don’t want to mess with.” I took a sip from my freshly squeezed orange juice. Tell me this now.
Eunhyuk leaned in, enjoying this as if it were a scary story. “The thing is it’s very rare for Sungmin to become serious so it has to be something really important. Really important. Instead of his usual teasing and insults, he becomes incredibly sadistic.”
Ryeowook nodded, “Sungmin is an insomniac in the way that he falls asleep in the most random situations. That’s why he’s always so hyped up. But when he wakes up with one of his moods it’s a sign. Like how some people naturally have a bad day because the weather is affecting them. With Sungmin, it’s a sign that something bad is going to happen.”
“So careful today,” Eunhyuk winked and gulped down his juice.
“Food.” Turning, we all watched Kyuhyun walk into the room in his usual bed attire: plaid P.J pants and shirtless. He staggered over to the seat besides Eunhyuk and slouched, falling onto the table. Ryeowook got up and went to the fridge to make another omelet for Kyuhyun without a complaint. Kyuhyun picked himself up and was staring down at the table, pouted. I only realized that he was blushing when I caught him peeking at me. So cute!
“So you two finally had did it, huh?” Eunhyuk smirked, poking fun at Kyuhyun who ignored it by turning away and looking at Ryeowook. Then his eyes flashed and the cute and adorable look was gone, replaced by a mischievous one.
“Eunhyuk, never mind. I’m not hungry.”
“Then what about breakfast?” I inquired. Kyuhyun turned to me and his eyes twinkled. He got up and headed for the door, pulling me out of my seat with him. I was blushing furiously at his touch and the kiss from last night replayed in my head. How was I going to get myself out of that one?
“Don’t burn the house down!” he called to his friends who took no notice at his departure.
“Wait, where are we going?”
Kyuhyun smiled and handed me car keys. “Here, wait in the car for me. I need to get dressed.” I looked at him awkwardly but he nodded happily so the only choice I had was to take the keys.
 
~~~*~~~
 
Someone’s POV
 
 
I broke off the end of my ice cream cone and closed my fist so it became crumbs then threw it into the air. Pigeons that had been fluttering about flew over and pecked at the ground. This went on till the entire cone had been distributed. The little, fat birds lingered for a little longer until they realized there was no more and took off. My idea was pretty stupid. I thought that if I relived the first day Yoong and Kyuhyun re-met, maybe the situation would differ and instead, Yoong and I re-met. I sighed and slouched on the bench. The park had a decent number of people but most were busy shopping the hustling streets then enjoying the nice, sunny day with a leisure walk. It hadn’t helped that not once since Kyuhyun took her to California she hadn’t called me or signed onto messenger. A pang of jealousy erupted and I felt terrible, the heat made things worse. Just the day before the city had been pouring, later revealing the starry night sky. I had enjoyed imagining Cho get soaked in the rain and catch pneumonia. The image had been disrupted when I remembered that if that had happened; Yoong would there nursing him, right by his side. . I stood up and brushed the crumbs off my pants, giving up for the day to enjoy some coffee in a less calming environment. I looked up, staring at a familiar pair of vibrant doe eyes. “Yoong?”
 
~~~*~~~
 
[Earlier]
 
 
Yoona’s POV
 
I stepped out of Kyuhyun’s Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670 and we hiked up the parks dusty path till we stopped in the center of a clearing. I unfolded the blanket and lay it over the dewy grass and we both sat down. Kyuhyun placed the picnic basket between us and we began filling the blanket with plates of food that Kyuhyun had convinced Ryeowook to prepare for us as I waited in the car. And so we dug in, devouring our breakfast fit for a king. Well…no, not really. Just a really large, good tasting, meal. When we were done I lay down on my side and Kyuhyun placed his arms behind him and stared up at the clouds. I my back as well, as I felt an awkward conversation about our kiss should be pre-planned. I didn’t know how long we were lying there, and how long I had been assessing possible situations when I was interrupted by a flash from camera. I sat up and stared at Kyuhyun before noticing the digital SLR camera in his hands and a playful smile on his lips.
“I forgot how great it feels to take pictures. It’s like saving a moment in time, something we don’t have much of.” He stared lovingly at his camera and continued. “That’s why I enjoy taking pictures when no one realizes it. So what’s happening at that moment, the beauty of natural emotions, will be saved.”
“Let me see.” I sat up and leaned in to see the picture he had taken.
“I can tell by the photo exactly how you were feeling, and probably, what you were thinking.”
“Shoot.” He examined the photo then smiled.
“Nervous, tired, confused, thoughtful, hesitant, scared, awkward.”
I nodded, he was pretty good. “So…”I hesitated, “What was I thinking?” He didn’t have to look at his camera for this one and looked at me instead. It was a sad but hopeful look.
“An excuse.” I blushed, right on the spot. I didn’t feel like looking at him but you really don’t have any choice in that matter when the boys takes your face and kisses you. It was a warm kiss, his hot, lustful lips and mine. It wasn’t anything to serious like a make-out session, but that didn’t mean that no sparks were lit. I don’t remember how the rest of the day really passed, but after today, Kyuhyun and I seemed to be closer. Unlike most guys, he wasn’t in it for the or attention; he had asked me many questions - and vice-versa - about me and who I was. He was getting to know me again and for my answers and opinions, not what people thought I liked. Though he already knew a lot just from observing. After we had packed up the dirty dishes and blanket, Kyuhyun pulled the camera strap over his head and reached down for the basket. As we made our way back to the car, somehow our hands touched and we held onto each other. I was obviously blushing and so was Kyuhyun though I could see he had a shy smile on his lips. And so I smiled too. This is nice. Kyuhyun halted and I looked up at him, still smiling, oblivious. He was looking at something, someone more like it. I looked up too and met eyes with clear hazel ones.
“Yoong?” And suddenly everything stopped and the fluttery feeling died as reality hit.
“Khun.”