Chapter 39

Like Romeo And Juliet

              

 

 

You know that feeling? That gut retching-sick vomiting-swollen lungs-heart slowing-brain pounding sort of feeling? I hate that feeling. Not just cause it was morning. Unfortunately it wasn’t one of those get-your--out-of-the-warm-sancuary-of-your-bed-and-out-into-the-freezing-cruel-world days. Today was worse.
“What is this?” I asked, glaring at the still, steaming, and black liquid.
“Coffee,” Kyuhyun shrugged, as if that was the most stupid question he had ever heard.
“No, I mean, is it black or did you add anything into it?”
Kyuhyun stared at his own mug. “Mines not black.”
I leaned over the island table and looked into his mug. “What’s in there then?” 
“Have a sip.” I wrinkled my nose but gingerly picked up the mug and tested the drink. I choked back the urge to gag into his drink. “It’s so sweet,” I whimpered testily, placing the mug back down in disgust.
Kyuhyun stared at this drink curiously then picked it up and drank it wholly. “Hmm…it needs some milk…”
“What’s in there anyways? A whole jar of sugar?”
Kyuhyun tutted, “No silly. Just three pixy stix, and a bar of chocolate.”
I mentally threw up. That description was way too sweet for morning coffee. “Did you put that in my cup too?”
He drank his coffee again and stared at the table, jaded. “Hmm…no…yours is just black,” he wrinkled his nose, “I hate coffee and can’t stand it without flavor. The bitter taste is revolting.”
“Then don’t drink it,” I rolled my eyes and got up to pour two packs of sugar and filled most of the cup up with milk so that it was now a light, chocolaty, brown color. “Mm…better…” Kyuhyun and I continued sipping absent-mindedly at our coffee, both not speaking what we were both thinking. I glanced up at the clock and back down to the table, peeking at him. He didn’t look like he cared - he looked half asleep. I lay my head chin on my arm and stared at my mug. I could feel it. Kyuhyun had this way of enlarging his aura when he was in a bad mood that affected EVERYONE. Right now, I was freaking out silently in my head. 
Then my cell phone rang. I awkwardly grabbed it, glad for an excuse to decrease the awkward tension. “Hello?” I answered breathlessly.
“Um, hey…it’s Khun.” Well that wasn’t good.
“Oh, hey.” I glanced at Kyuhyun who had begun tapping his finger against the marble surface with an angry beat, and looking at me expectantly. I avoided his eyes, trying to pay attention to what Khun was saying on the other end.
“-so is that OK…are you there.”
“Huh? Oh yeah, sure.”
“Alright, I guess I’ll get changed now. Meet you at Starbucks.”
“Wait-” I was interrupted by the rude beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppp…ing sound of when someone hangs up you. I hung up as well and turned back to my coffee and a waiting Kyuhyun’s calm deep brown eyes. Dear god, he was mad. “Um…that was-”
“You can use my Audi R8,” he murmured, picking at the edge of his cup. I blushed, my cover revealed, and finished my coffee before heading upstairs to change. He’s really pissed.
 
~~~*~~~
 
“Woah…” Khun leaned forward, his face close to the glass panes, eyes sparkling. “How loaded is he?”
“Wait till you see the garage. I’m sure you’ll love that.” The gates opened for me and I continued driving on the dirt path that was lined with maple trees, a refreshing dark green. Driving straight would lead me to the cobblestoned path and the front of the house, but instead I cut through an opening on the tree’s that lead to the side where the garage sat with Kyuhyun’s prized collections in them. Personally, I wasn’t that good with cars. That’s an understatement; I am terrible with cars. But I still got my driver’s license and I’m at least able to drive. Different models and the latest automobile’s were not what I liked to spend my time searching up on but I could still tell a difference between a Lexus and a BMW. Well, that was one example. Kyuhyun had a coded sequence that opened the garage door that forced you too get out and type in the code then back. Then you got 25 seconds for you to get the car inside before the alarms blared and it closed on you. Inside the garage was like any other garage with the bland cement walls. Except for the show lights, I explained last time and that Kyuhyun must have added more space to the garage to make it bigger and created a second floor. Guys and their cars. I don’t get it. I parked on the only available empty space which must have been for his Audi, lined up with the rest of his Audi’s, sort by brand, color, and model.
“Holy .” I didn’t bother to burst Khun’s bubble and remind him whose garage this belonged to exactly and got out of the car. “I wonder if I can ask my dad for an advance on my allowance. It probably won’t be enough to buy all this.”
“Stop drooling. There’s enough that Kyuhyun could hire you to polish his cars with them. Not that he would.” He didn’t reply and hunched his shoulders silently behind me, following me to the door at the back that lead to stairs going down which lead to the basement. Another alarm awaited us at the door and I easily cracked it, making sure that Khun saw nothing and quickly climbed all the steps so that we were back on the first floor. There were three differences, waiting for us that I hadn’t seen this morning. Ryeowook, Eunhyuk, and of course, sweet little Sungmin. Hah. Eunhyuk was staring down at his cell phone, texting away to some girl he probably just picked up, paying no attention to Khun even though it was obvious that he could see him. Ryeowook was looking at Khun with both a suspicious and curious look.
Khun cleared his throat. “Hi, I’m Nichkhun.” No one said a word. Sungmin just stood there; acting like inviting Khun here was none of his business. Khun, doing something extremely unlike him, tried again. “Um…I’m Yoona’s-”
“Isn’t she hot. Shieeettt.” Ryeowook leaned down and looked at something on Eunhyuk’s cell that he was showing off proudly. 
Ryeowook whistled, “That’s one fine piece of . Too bad it’s fake.”
“Seriously?” Eunhyuk pulled the screen closer to his face and examined - what I’m guessing - some hot chicks fake .
“. It is. Hell, that’s not the only thing fake about her.”
“Besides her , tan, lashes, nails, s, and hair, I think it can’t get as fake as that,” Sungmin pointed out. Khun in his breath and I stared at Sungmin. Obviously he was up to something. First acting all friendly in front of Khun then pretending that he didn’t exist. I was still curious about why he invited Khun over in the first place and the guys. I opened my mouth, wondering if they hadn’t noticed us after all when someone ran noisily down the staircase.
“Hey! Um…why is everyone in the hallway?” Kyuhyun pulled up beside me, giving Khun and icy glance his way, before turning back to his buddies.
“Kyu, man, look at this chick and tell me that all that plastic and fake was worth it. She seriously looks hot!”
Ryeowook scoffed, “You said so you that she’s practically made of plastic and yet you still think she’s hot?”
Eunhyuk shrugged, “Hell, as long as I can get something out of it.”
“You disgust me.”
“Aw~! I love you too!!”
Ryeowook sniffed and turned towards me, only me. Khun tensed beside me. “Hey Yoong.”
“Hey. By the way, this is Khun,” I pointed to his hunched figure beside me and Ryeowook finally looked at him.
“Oh yeah. I heard about you from Sungmin,” he answered stiffly as if he was reading off a script. Wow, hostile.
“Oh right! That’s why we were here!” Eunhyuk finally looked up as if he saw Khun for the first time. Of course his eyes left him the next second and were now looking at me. Or somewhere lower, not that sure.
“Eyes, remember Eunhyuk?” Kyuhyun hinted, cracking a solemn grin.
Eunhyuk smiled back. “Of course, of course.” He stood up and stretched. “Nice meeting you, Khun. A real pleasure. Too bad that I’m into girls and speaking of which,” he glanced at his watch, “I have an appointment to make.”
“I have to go to,” Ryeowook answered, raising his hand like a student in class.
“Ehh! Don’t leave me behind, kay~?”
“What, you’re all leaving already?” Kyuhyun asked, astonished. “So you’re telling me I got up early and got dresses just for a brief five minutes!!”
Sungmin smiled at Kyuhyun’s anger and Khun’s shame, “Course not! I invited Khun here so I could re-invite him to the amusement park, we’re going to tonight as a celebration to end summer break.”
Khun’s face became surprised and so did Kyuhyun’s. “Seriously?” they said in unison.
Sungmin smiling, the corner of his lips twitched. “Yep~!” He looked at me and tilted his head, a flash of seriousness, the real Sungmin, just for me. “Bye Yoona.”
What’s he thinking… “Bye,” I answered, in a stunned state.