Chapter 32

Like Romeo And Juliet

                                   

 

 

Kyuhyun was blushing but I hardly noticed. No, instead I was occupied with the surroundings of his room. Let's see...how can I say this...yes...the best description would be that his room was about the size of half the mansion. Maybe bigger? Like all the other rooms, I could see that this room was Victorian-style too. Very calming and, may I say, romantic and totally my style. This room was basically a rectangle but its corners were flat so it was like an octagon with longer sides. To the corner of the room there were two rounded stairs from one wall to the other and had only two steps. On that large platform was a king-sized bed. The bed sheets and pillows were black and white. Which was also the colors of most of the room. The floor had a rich dark oak tone and this area was like any teenagers room. It had a black desk with steel legs and it was in a shape of an 'L' with a pc, laptop, and a lamp on it also shelves at the end of the table. A black office chair sat in front of it. There was also a living room with a platinum TV and a glass TV stand. A glass coffee table and three white couches sat in front of it. To that, there was a black shelf beside it with movies and such. As well, there was a collection of guitars lined up and a spotlight over them and a glass case with trophies, medals, and certificates. Also there was a sound system with huge stereos and a huge CD case with many of his collections stored in them. Black bookcases were put beside the desk with a surprisingly large amount of books. Wow, I didn't even know he could read! There was a bunch of other stuff but moving on; there was a double door that I guess was the closet and a single door at the far end that was probably the bathroom. Where the door to the bathroom was, was right beside another set of stairs, this time much longer, also rounded from one wall to another but this time with five steps and going downwards, the ceiling going downwards as well. It's 'lower floor' probably only took 1/3 of the room, but this was a really huge room.
The difference was:
a) there was no window-wall with its thin white curtains like the 'upper floor'
b)it wasn’t messy
c)there was just lots and lots of video games
d)the only furniture was a single black grand piano and a telescope
 
I sat down on Kyuhyun's bed and he followed. Finally I spoke. “I'm surprised. It's actually really neat in here and the theme looks real nice.”
Kyuhyun shrugged. “Guess so. The maids cleaned up in here and I can't actually get this room that mess. It's too big to.”
I smiled. “So this was where you spent all those years of your life.”
“I also spent them at clubs, parties, and wherever else that was social.”
“Hmm...this is your room...I'm surprised. Your parents have good taste. They get you.”
He snorted. “This was my room. And I doubt they get me. I designed it...well, when I was old enough to.”
I frowned. “I don't get one thing though. Why didn't you ever tell me about a third floor?”
Kyuhyun shrugged. “I never really thought of it much. And besides, I always thought of this as my haven, not the 'third floor'.”
“Your haven? You really must love this room.” A small smiled appeared on Kyuhyun face as he stared dreamily at the piano, waaaaaaay over at the back.
After a moment he spoke, “You wanna know why?” Before I could answer he dragged me across the room and down the stairs. We stopped beside the piano and I stood there as Kyuhyun grabbed a large black square blanket and laid it at our feet. “Here, lie down and stare at the ceiling, ok?” I looked at him strangely but lay on my back and stared up. I heard him shuffle slightly through the room but either than that, I had no idea what he was doing. After a minute, Kyuhyun called from somewhere behind my head to ask if I was looking at the ceiling, which I was. I started examining the ceiling, first off noticing that it was not that usual white color, like the other part of his room and basic houses. It also didn’t have any lights and looked a lot like metallic gray like the color of metal. It was flat and smooth except a thick line in the center. It probably was metal…
“Kyuhyun? Why am I lying here, all alone, staring at your…” I watched the ceiling in amazement as the roof came apart and moved aside to produce a clear night sky with a perfect view of the stars and moon. I could hardly hear the machinery as the ceiling moved. No, I was too amazed to.
“Pretty, huh.” I looked over at Kyuhyun, who was now lying beside me, staring lovingly at the starry blanket in such a way that I felt jealous. I looked over at the other side of his room and noticed that only this part of the ceiling, where it lowered, had moved to reveal the sky. “Do you understand now?” I blinked, remembering why we were here in the first place. Obviously I knew it was because he wanted to show me why he loved this room but the question sort of startled me. Why am I here… The events leading to this all began filling my head. Meeting Kyuhyun again, going on our first ‘date’, being saved by him, again and again. Our vacation together, him telling me that he loves me, coming to LA so he can prove it, and right now, realizing the beginning of something… I smiled as I realized our hands were now entwined together.
“Yeah…” And we continued staring at the vast night sky as it was now, before it ended and disappeared from our grasp…
 
 
Please Comment And Subscribe!