Chapter 26

Like Romeo And Juliet

 

                                                        
 
I splashed cold water onto my face, stinging my eyes but I was awake nether the less. Not that I wasn’t awake after hearing Kyuhyun’s…news…but it all still felt like some sick dream. Not in the good way and more like the I-need-to-barf sorta way. I found my toothbrush awaiting me on the sink stand and I brushed my teeth repeatedly and tough, trying to get out whatever morning breath I had so I could hurry back to force the information out of that idiot. Actually, I was hoping I’d wake up by the time my gums started to bleed. I sighed and decided I had done enough stalling and left the bathroom and back to where Kyuhyun was slouching.
“You!” I growled. 
He smiled. “Me.”
I sat down on the seat opposite of him. “I want information. Facts. Now!”
He smirked. “Ooh. I’m so scared.”
I glared at him. “Just answer my questions.” He smiled politely but I could see the sarcasm on the corners of his smirk. “Who.”
“Like I said, everyone was involved.”
I rolled my eyes. “No, really? Who exactly helped you.”
“Everyone.”
I slammed my forehead with the end of my palm. “OK. Fine. Everyone but who is everyone.”
Kyuhyun looked up at the ceiling and started listing names off. “Uh…the maids, the butler, everyone who works at your house basically. Our parents knew and were oh-so delighted and of course the she-beast.”
I thought for a moment. She-beast? Then it clicked. “Wait. You mean Yuri?”
Kyuhyun shrugged. “Doesn’t matter what you call her but, yeah. Why, are you mad at her?”
I looked at him ridiculously then burst out laughing. “Wait…y-you…you and…and YURI!...wo-worked-worked t-together!”
He rolled his eyes and rested his chin on the palm of his hands, his elbows resting on his knees. “Anything else?”
“When?”
Kyuhyun looked at the invisible watch on his wrist. “Gee, I dunno…”
“I meant when did all this happen?”
He thought for a moment. “The idea came to me on the night you saw the she-beast contaminate me on the lips and you know how I said I was going to Italy? I was just setting everything up.”
“When did you get me here?”
“Last night. We - me and that she-beast - got the maids to help us pack all your clothes and then during the middle of the night girly and me came and took whatever thingy’s you need. You know like electronics and stuff.”
“Ever told you that your extremely descriptive? You should write a book.” Kyuhyun snorted.
“Who…when…where. That’s right. Where are we going?”
“Los Angeles.”
“Gee really. No, like where do you plan to stay? In another hotel?”
He snorted. “No way. Can’t stand that place. Anyways, LA is like my second home so figure we have a house there? I thought you’d figure that out since I’ve been there for like, four…five years or something.”
“Well, why LA?”
Kyuhyun sighed. “God and I called you smart. Can’t you just put the facts together or were you, one again, not listening. And before you can interrupt me and pass a sarcastic insult, the reason I picked LA was because it’s like a second home to me and I…wanted to show you stuff…”
“Whatever. Uh…that’s right. WHY?!? And I know because LA, second home, bla bla bla. Ya but WHY!!?”
Kyuhyun smiled and leaned in. “Lean in.” I raised my eyebrow. “It’s a secret!” I sighed and leaned in. He leaned in closer then kissed the bottom of my ear - or the start of my jaw - before whispering, “To be romantic.” And he would speak no more of the subject.
 
~~~*~~~
 
“Home sweet home.”
“Hell damned hell.”
He chuckled and ruffled my hair. “Whatever you say, babe. But we’re staying here for two weeks.”
I closed my eyes. “Two weeks. Let me guess…” I murmured.
“Isn’t this gonna be fun?”
“Oh joy.”
 
~~~*~~~
 
Kyuhyun’s home in LA was elegant modern with cobblestone paths, freshly mowed green lawns; trees lining the path ways, huge windows, towers rounding the corners, and stone-and-brick walls, which was only the front of the house. It was a huge mansion. “Come on,” Kyuhyun murmured, one hand in his pocket and the other pulling me along the cobblestone path to the house. And soon the path rounded to show the garage, flower gardens around the semi-circle and stairs leading to the front doors. We climbed the stairs and stepped into the house. What an understatement. Like a castle, there were big empty hallways but like a mansion, once you entered you found yourself in what appeared to be shaped like a circle area, stairs at the back looking elegant with freshly polished floorboards splitting into two. It didn’t feel cold, empty, and dark like a castle. Chandeliers and candle holders hand all around the house but of course it was those where you turned them on with a light switch. Of course the sun poured in threw the full wall windows. “Upstairs,” Kyuhyun said, pulling you along.
Many white doors stretched along the upstairs floor. “Does mean I don’t have to share a room with you?”
“Actually,” Kyuhyun murmured. He opened two double doors and inside look liked a master bedroom but of course all the rooms looked like master bedrooms so…master master bedrooms? Hell, why not.
“This was actually my parents bedroom,” knew it, “But…you see…uh…we’re getting married…”
“Really?” Oh that genius!
“OK, fine be sarcastic but I just wanted you to get use to your new home.”
I choked. “Home? W-why!”
Kyuhyun smirked. “Cause wifey, once we’re married this whole mansion…is ours.”
I groaned. “Got any better news?”
“Ya. My friends are coming over.”
“Damn.”