Chapter 33

Like Romeo And Juliet

 

                             
I pulled the elastic band out of my hair than retied my brown locks into a high pony tail. Angrily I kicked at the box at my feet then winced at my stupidity as the pain sunk in. “You shouldn’t do that,” Kyuhyun sighed and placed more cardboard boxes down onto the floor before smirking at me. “Usually when you kick something like that your foot should start inflating.”
“Shut up and help me,” I groaned, jumping up and down to try and ease the pain. He chuckled but came over and carried me, bridal-style, over to his black and white bed. Cross that, our new bed. He knelt down before me and examined my foot.
“It should cool off in a few minutes. Just try to ignore it for now.”
“And how am I supposed to ignore the terrible, throbbing pain?”
“You could find something to distract you.” I stared at the cardboard boxes scattered about the floor.
“Sure, I should get distracted in what got my foot to feel pain. Yeah, I definitely won’t want to kick it again for revenge or anything like that.”
“Yes, yes. That box somehow grew feet and kicked you.” I stuck out my tongue and Kyuhyun smirked then slowly moved closer, making me blush. 
“I wasn’t thinking about that when I meant ‘distracted’.” By now his hands were on both sides of me and his head tilted, inches away from my lips. I moved back slightly but instead Kyuhyun moved to the side and kissed my cheek.
“But I won’t. Not till you want me too.” He backed away and stood straight, a smile on his lips that made me hold my breath.
After I got a hold of myself, I spoke, “What makes you think that I’d ever want you too.”
Kyuhyun’s smile immediately shifted from sweet to cocky. “Oh, you will. Once you fall for me, I imagine that you’ll make the first move.” I stuck out my tongue and went back to packing my things into our new room. After last night, he offered that we could move into his room instead, and frankly, I found that offer very appealing. And here I was, regretting it slightly as we had to repack our things, move them to the other side of the house, bring them upstairs, then unpack them.
“Are those the last of the boxes?” I asked, pointed at the ones Julian just brought in.
“Yup. All the suit cases and boxes are up here now. Once were done packing I’ll take the boxes back downstairs to the storage.” I sighed and grabbed the next box and tore it open. This one was filled with my books that Kyuhyun and Yuri had packed for me and the books I had bought during the time I was in LA shopping. There weren’t a lot of them but they were still thick and heavy and fit into the smaller box. I sighed and pulled the entire box over to one of Kyuhyun’s book shelves and stared skeptically at all the books as I tried to find some place to put my books. I skimmed my fingers through the titles of book and stopped when I found a collection of Shakespeare books. They looked just like mine but strangely the spine of the books was more bent as if he had read it many times. I smiled slightly, imagining Kyuhyun’s situation and compared them to mine. I wondered if he sometimes fell asleep reading Shakespeare and dreamed about the characters or how when I was little and really caught up in my first time with Shakespeare I had hid under my blankets with a flashlight reading, stressing the spine as I tried to understand the words in the shadow. I gently ran my fingers over the tattered books and once I reached the last title I found more books that I favored. I stepped back and looked up at the shelf above it, noticing that a few of the binds were longer and bigger than actual books. Curiously I reached up to take it when a hand lay itself over mine.
“Watcha doin’?” I turned around and looked at Kyuhyun.
“I never knew you did scrapbooking.” He snorted.
“I don’t. It’s just a collection of photos that I…treasure…” The way he blushed, my mind began moving around and wondering why the photos were so important and what they were.
“What? Are they all pictures of the girls you’ve ever dated or did it with?”
Kyuhyun blushed harder. “No. It’s not like that. There just memories.”
“Of girls you ed,” I spoke as I tilted my head. I eyes the bed behind him. “In the bed we’re gonna be sleeping in for the rest of our lives…im guessing…” He looked down at me with innocent shock. “What?” I asked.
“You actually think id bring some toys into my haven?”
“Am I a toy?”
“No! Its…I…” He raked back his hair and stared at me with honest sincerity. “Look, you’re not a toy. I have never told any girl besides you that I loved you. I’ve actually never really felt that way about anyone so I wouldn’t have brought them in here anyways. I was a…player…but with you its different. Not because of a stupid arranged marriage. Yoong, you were my best friend when we were kids-”
“We fought. All the time.”
He shrugged guiltily, “Yes and, I know it’s weird but, you’re the only one that I’ve ever thought as my best friend. I’ve just…forgot that…”
“God you’re like a really cheesy movie.”
Kyuhyun smirked, “Ya, I was forced to watch some really bad romances with the toys - I mean girls that I’ve ed - I mean dated.” I rolled my eyes and turned back to look at the photo albums.
“Is it really that important to you that I can’t see it?”
Kyuhyun smiled relievly. “Yes, I mean, no, I mean…I will show you. Later…”
I sighed. “I guess I have to respect you for that.” Then I smiled as well, “But in return, you have to watch a really bad cheesy romance with me.”
“But you don’t even like those!” I heard him whine as I skipped away.
I stuck out my tongue. “Tonight. Six-o-clock. Consider it…a date…” 
Kyuhyun smiled happily, “OK!~” I blushed and stared at him for a minute before turning away to finish packing.