Chapter 18

Like Romeo And Juliet

                                                       

 

“Look at you!” Kyuhyun leaned in and wiped the ice-cream off my face. Ben and Jerry had already closed by the time we got there so instead we went to the convenient store and bought some Popsicles instead. We then drove to the park and sat down on the swings while eating our Popsicles. “Are you cold?'
“Why do you care?” I scoffed. I saw him shrug from the corner of my eye. I took a of my Popsicle and then turned my head and sneezed. Kyuhyun sighed and shrugged of his jacket. “What are doing?” I asked. He draped the jacket over my shoulders then turned and looked up at the stars. I blushed but looked up with him.
“Does this...seem familiar to you or is it only me?” I thought for a moment.
“What your really asking me is if I still remember, right?” He tilted his head and I took it as a nod. “I remember.” We stayed silent for a while longer.
Then we started to play truth or dare. All truth, no dares. “Do you still like the stars.”
“...Yes, but not just the stars, Beauty can be found anywhere. You just have to look close enough and wait for the right moment.” I nodded, ignoring my reddened face. Why is he staring at me like that?
“So I'm thinking you still like to take pictures?” 
He thought for a moment. “Sorta. Daddy doesn't approve though. Big waste of time he says,” he snickered. I smiled.
“Still rebellious, I see. Tell me, do your friends know about your hobby?”
“Hobby?”
“Taking pictures when nobodies looking. 'Natural beauty' you called them.”
He chuckled. “Nah. I sort of gave up my 'hobby' after I left. Me and some of my buddies formed a garage band though. Do you still write?”
I shrugged. “Ya. I've already gotten this far in school without flunking, haven't I?” He shook his head.
“No. You know, like poems. I remembered you were also capable of writing lyrics as well. What happened to that poetic charm?”
I thought for a second. “I dunno. One day my room was scattered with pages of poems I wrote. Next day, I just stopped. I wasn't interested anymore and nothing came to me.” He looked up at the sky. We were both quiet again.
“Well, now what?” I asked. 
“Give me a push.” Kyuhyun demanded.
“What?”
“A push! Hurry up!” I rolled my eyes and got off the swing.
“Not to high.”
“Psh last time I remembered you were so fat I couldn't even push you!” Kyuhyun stuck out his tongue and I gave a hard push.
“That's all you can do?” I growled and pushed harder. All the time Kyuhyun criticizing my ability. “Stop. Stop. Here you get on.”
“What?”
“Get on.” I got on and he started pushing.
“Higher, higher!” Kyuhyun grunted but pushed. “Whoa! Yah! Stop it!” He laughed and stood in front of me. Suddenly I jerked off the seat and flew into the air. Deja vu. I closed my eyes getting ready for the impact but it was softer - or harder - then the sand box. Kyuhyun groaned. My eyes shot open. Instantly I regretted it. His eyes. I just wanted to sink deeper into them. They were so alluring. We just stared at each other and every second I could feel my face redden. “Um...oops?” I murmured.
“Get off!” he grunted, shoving me to the side. I blushed and pushed myself off and rolled onto my back beside him. We didn't talk much and I just listened to his uneven breathing as he tried to get his breath back. “Sorry,” I managed when he seemed to have calmed down.
He shrugged and looked at me from the corner of his eyes. “Uh...sorry I pushed you off so violently.
“It's OK. I was the one to have squashed you. I would have kicked you in the balls, if you have them that is.”
He snickered. “Nice to know. Now we know who's the violent one between us.”
I laughed. “Ya. Nice to know who has the real balls.”
“So your admitting your a guy?”
“Shut up!” I laughed, smacking him on the side of his head.
“Did I ever tell you that your real nice?” I sighed.
“I don't remember.” The conversation fizzled and we just stared up at the sky. Why did this feel so right?