Chapter 21

Like Romeo And Juliet

       

 

I got dressed and headed out the door.
“Your hand my lady?” I snorted.
“Don’t be so cliche, Khun. I can get down the stairs on my own.”
“Yoona,” he replied seriously, “Take my hand.” I blushed but took it and he helped me down the stairs and to the limo waiting for us.
“A limo? Really?”
Nichkhun shrugged. “What can I say? All the fancy people have their own limo’s.” I laughed as Nichkhun held onto my hand as he helped me into the backseat of the limo. He held on a bit longer and my face became even redder. Finally he let go and gave a slight cough. The drive to the Hilton hotel didn’t take long. I sat impatiently as Nichkhun went to pick up his original date. In my mind I thought of all the girls I knew who Nichkhun was interested in. My mind stayed blank which was extremely frustrating. When he came back, in his arm was a girl with brown hair and a slim white dress.
“Im Yoona! It’s so nice to see you again!” the girl said in English with a French accent. The puzzles in my mind clicked and I immediately remembered Hwang Tiffany, Khun’s date from La Grande Cascade. I gave her a hug as she sat down next to me.
The ride was an awkward silence. “Uh, Tiffany…So…are you and Khun a couple?” Nichkhun seemed to choke on air.
Tiffany chuckled. “Oui et non. Our parents are trying to form businesses and introduced me to Nichkhun. We go on many dates and he’s so sweet.” I smiled and winked at Nichkhun as in she-is-the-one and I wasn’t being sarcastic. He blushed and stared at his hands. We finally arrived and were escorted out of the limo. I stood in front of the hotel we were at where the party was hosted, coincidentally, also the hotel Kyuhyun was currently resorting to. I pulled at my mask and made sure it was on my face properly. I turned and waited for Tiffany and Nichkhun. When they came out there mask were already on their faces. I blinked. It wasn’t exactly fair. Guys with their black and white penguin suits all look the same and you can’t tell who’s under the mask unlike the girls who all wore different dresses. I quickly scanned Nichkhun mask so I could recognize him when it was time to go. The rule at a masquerade party was no taking off the mask till the parties over. The rule was was typed on all the invitations. We entered the hotel and headed straight for the ball room.
“Invitations?” I gave mine and entered the party. The ball room was very elegant and filled with people. On the side was a long table for food and in the far corner the DJ had set up and was playing music. The lights were dimmed and the spot lights were rotating giving a disco effect. The place was filled with people in masks. Girls in dresses - some flowed, some were short and frilly, and some were evening gowns - and guys wore the same black and white tux with bows. I started off with a drink and sat down on the side. I hated formals, even though this ball was more in tune with the 21st century. I always went with Nichkhun and Taecyeon to these things and we stayed there for 30 minutes just to show I parents we were here then we would ditch and head to the ‘kids party’. Usually the people who hosted the ball had kids and they allow their kids to plan a little separate party for the teens. The ‘kid’s party’ was really just any regular house party except with formal wear and you had to get a text about the location to go. It always consists of DJ’s, alcohol, making-out and grinding on the dance floor. Jonghyun was known to throw the best parties until last year when the cops got involved with a bunch of teenagers skinny dipping in the lake. He wasn’t allowed to host the traditional ‘kid’s party’ this year. I sighed. Khun and Tiffany had went dancing leaving me here. Then Jonghyun appeared. He was wearing a mask that only covered half of his face so it was sorta obvious.
“Hey Yoong.”
“Go away Jonghyun.”
He sighed. “See what happens when you don’t take my offer as my date?” I stuck out my tongue. He snickered and leaned in. His hands on either side of my head. “The offers still open, you know.” He was about to plant one when a male popped up.
“Can I have this dance?” I nodded and reached for his extended hand. He pulled me into the center of the dance floor. He placed his hands on my waist and we swayed to the slow song. For some reason I felt my heart pound and a sense that I knew him. His mask only covered his eyes and nose and I recognized it from Romeo and Juliet as a Capulet mask. When the song was over he reached for my hand and kissed it before turning and leaving.
“Wai-“ I stopped myself and sighed. I decided to leave the party as well. I headed out of the ball room and to the hotel garden. In the middle was a fountain and I sat down. I leaned back and looked up at the stars. Soon I heard a little rustling and I turned my head. “You!” I exclaimed.
He smirked and sat beside me. “Whatcha doin?”
I looked at him. “What does it look like genius?” Seriously this was too familiar.
He snickered. I looked at the floor then at him. ‘Um…thank you.” He didn’t seem to expect me to say that and his face suddenly softened.
“So I’m like your knight in shining armor? Your Romeo?”
“I wouldn’t go that far.”
“How bout just for tonight you be Juliet running off with me.” I didn’t laugh; I was already expecting what was going to happen. Just get on with it. Whoa, impatient much? Oh, shut up.
“Your point?”
“Well doesn’t Romeo get an award for saving Juliet?” We leaning in closer, a smile played on his lips.
Our nose brushed. “Like what?” And he answered me by placing his smooth lips on mine. Soft and slow then there more intense. Let’s say there was some tongue. It may have been nothing to some people but it was absolutely beautiful to me. Fireworks burst and I knew he could feel it too. The magic and seduction behind the kiss. Then it all ended like any good thing. Thanks Nichkhun, I thought silently full of sarcasm. The boy ran his lips down my cheek then back up and stood. “Wait. What’s your name?”
He smirked but there was no sarcasm in his soft deep blue eyes. “Didn’t I already say? I’m your Romeo.” And he was gone. Maybe cause I turned my head. Not because he vanished in thin air.
“What Khun?” He just glared at ‘Romeo’ as he walked off.
“I see you found another friend.” I rolled my eyes. Nichkhun and I headed back into the hotel.
“So..” Khun asked casually though I knew he was curious. “Who was he?” I thought for a second.
“My Romeo.”
Nichkhun rolled his eyes. “Girls.”
I laughed. “Ya.” But the essence of his lips lingered on threw the rest of the night. And I couldn’t help think ‘Romeo’ was extremely familiar.
 
Please Comment And Subscribe, Thank You! (=