Chapter 36

Like Romeo And Juliet

                  

 

Someone’s POV
 
I looked at my cell phone for the twentieth time this hour. What was she doing? Did she not get my text? I smirked silently to myself. Knowing Yoong, it’s obvious she probably completely forgotten to recharge her phone…again… I sighed. Which was bad for me. The lady on the intercom spoke and it echoed through the airport. The next flight was coming in and it’s about the same time I should stop sitting here and get to my hotel. I checked my phone one last time. I wondered if I’d seem desperate if I texted her once more. I looked at my cell phone in surprise when I saw I had a new text. Opening it, I frowned. It was from Yuri again. I scanned through the message absent mindedly then deleted it. Again she was trying to convince me that what I was doing was stupid. I glanced at my phone nervously once more. Maybe this is stupid… I shook my head, pushing away the thoughts and slid my phone back in my pocket. I slung my bag over one shoulder, the other pulling my luggage and headed for the airports exit. A few girls looked at me as I passed and I felt my cheeks redden. That’s right. I’m good looking too. Maybe not as good looking as Kyuhyun, but still…I’m worth something in Yoong’s eye’s right? I stood tall and headed out into the drizzling city.
 
Yoona’s POV
 
It was raining outside and it fit the mood completely. I yawned solemnly, bored from watching the rains fingers as it tapped on the window pane to no end. I hot minty breath exhilarated me and suddenly I felt energized and warm. I turned over to look at Kyuhyun with my face still blushing.
“You’re just making yourself even more depressed you know.”
I smiled. “Nah, that’s your job.”
He pouted, “Aw, and I thought you were starting to like me.” My heart fluttered and my cheeks burned.
“Shouldn’t you be planning for tonight’s date?”
He smirked and lay his chin on my shoulder, “A date huh? So you’re starting to enjoy my company?” I blushed. His smirk fell and he looked at me, pushing a lock of my hair behind my ear gently. “I wasn’t joking when I told you I loved you.” I looked at the rain. Of course I know that, you idiot. You even kidnapped me here to prove it. But I admit it’s still really sweet and romantic. He sighed. “My plan was ruined when it started to rain.”
“So no romantic ideas tonight?” Kyuhyun traced my jaw line, his arms around my waist.
“You wish,” he smirked before pulling away. “Tonight we’re going elegant. I got your dress pulled out already. Go to our old room.” I looked at him strangely. It better not be ty. I blushed at the thought of having too much skin exposed to Kyuhyun. Well it’s not like he’d do anything. I think… Well it’s not like he hasn’t seen me completely . I blew at my bangs, thinking back to when we were three and shared baths together. They ended when we turned four and the maid came in after leaving for a minute to see blood was in the water. Not my fault~! I got off the couch and once again tried seeing the moon through the rain but in the end I gave up. The rain was dying down anyways… I wanted to see what dress he got me. Not that I was interested… When I got upstairs I found the room empty and a bag lying on the bed. I ped it and blinked. This was the dress I had worn for the Masquerade ball. Where I kissed Romeo… My fingers instantly went up to my lips and I could feel I was blushing… again… Hey, it was a good kiss… A really great kiss… I shook my head and lifted the dress up so it was in full view. The same high heels I wore were on the floor waiting. All that was missing was my mask. Where did Kyuhyun get this…It wasn’t in my suitcase… I sighed and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. When I was done I dried my hair with a towel and went back into the room to get dressed. I looked at myself in the mirror after everything was done. I had done my hair in the same way again and with the same style of make-up. A knock was heard at the door and with curiosity, I opened it. It was all empty except for a note on the door. I ripped it off and read it. I crumpled it up and placed it on the counter beside the door. I stepped into the hallway and hurried off to our bedroom, or Kyuhyun’s old bedroom. The door to the stairs was opened and I practically ran up the stairs, careful that I didn’t trip. I opened the next door that led to the room. Nothing had changed. No, it was neater but nothing else. I sniffed the air. Flowers… I walked to the other side of the room where the stairs leading to the lower floor should be. Then I stopped and stared. It had changed and looked as if it had become a garden. A garden of white roses. My favorite. White rose - purity and unity. I stepped down the stairs. White roses were placed against all the walls and the ceiling had been pushed away to admire the clear blue night revealing the end of the rain. Then I saw him. He was standing beside the piano.
I hesitated, “K-Kyuhyun?” I stared. He was in a tux or a ‘penguin suit’ as I liked to call them but on his face was a mask. It was the mask I had found as I was helping him unpack his stuff. No… Romeo’s mask… “You’re…” I continued walking forward as if the closer the view, the more I’d believe it. When I was standing right in front of him he smiled and pressed a button on the remote. Music flowed through the room. I recognized it as Bryan Adam’s - Everything I do. It was just the piano version but I didn’t care. I didn’t need words. Romeo held onto both my hands and placed them on his shoulders as he slid his hands onto my waist. I placed my hands behind around his neck and absent mindedly played with the ends of his hair. He smirked. We danced, and though it was slow and basically swaying on spot, it was beautiful. I stared at the brilliant pretty brown eyes then smiled as well. I rested my chin on his shoulder and held him close. The familiar smell of his cologne and the roses mixed together in a swoon worthy smell. Before I knew it he pushed me away and I opened my mouth to object when he smiled and pulled me over to the piano.
“Well, how was it? Romantic?” He was ruining the moment. And only one person I knew was brilliant at ruining moments. Gently I took his face in my hands, staring at his appealing lips before reaching up and lifting Romeo’s mask from his face. “Hey Juliet~!” he smiled.
“Kyuhyun…” I wasn’t surprised. His smirked died down and now he was just looking at me with those eyes. I loved those eyes. He took a single red rose from the piano’s bench. Red rose - passionate love and unity. I was awe-strucked at its perfection. He continued looking at me as if he thought I was the only one in the world. He adjusted my hands for me so that they faced upwards and lay the rose gently on them. I hardly paid attention to the rose anymore but I knew I was now holding it. Kyuhyun caressed my cheeks and stared at me seriously. I could only see him. Then I looked up. I don’t know why but I did. And there it was. The moon. It shone brightly and lit the whole room. Tonight it was full and seemed to be dancing with all the little stars. The lonely moon didn’t seem so lonely anymore. I looked back at Kyuhyun and he was looking at me. He gently lay his lips on mine, just brushing them, and the fireworks started. I moved my lips in perfect harmony to his and his hands went to my hips. This time the kiss didn’t feel rushed, as if he was trying to show me all his feeling at once. No, this one was slower but I could still feel it, just much more powerful. This was it. He was it. Kyuhyun, my Romeo.