Chapter 2

Like Romeo And Juliet

 

                                                                         
 
 
It began on a sunny day at the park. I was sitting under a tree ripping out the grass from the ground.
“Whatcha doing?”
I looked up to see Nichkhun, my best friend, standing right above me. “Hey Khun,” I smiled. He sat down beside me. “You bought my ice cream?” I asked. Khun handed me my mint chocolate ice cream. “Why isn’t it in a cup? How am I supposed to flick ice cream at people with a cone? I can’t work with this.”
He sipped his slushy. “Well you’re rather fidgety today.” I ignored him and started the melting ice cream.
“Something you want to talk about?”
“Shouldn’t you be helping at the charity drive right now? Getting your community hours done?” I asked biting the end of my cone and the ice cream.
“I called in and told them that I couldn’t make it since you called and said there was an emergency.”
“Sorry about that. I had to get out. My parents decided to clean the house today and expected me to help.”
“Why? Are you having guests over today?”
My eyes wandered around the park, suspecting every civilian who was here enjoying their day to end up being Kyuhyun.
“Oh no reason.” Usually I wasn’t this paranoid but recently my father informed us that the business in the US had been dealt with and the Cho family was back home. In my mind I was wondering what Kyuhyun looked like now. He couldn’t have changed much in four years. But that kid-like face could grow up to look like anything or maybe dye his hair as the trend goes. Black hair and deep brown eyes. I believe he was a male, but what if he changed his gender or he became gay well that’s something to consider. After eyeing a young couple her eyes moved on to a group of male teens leaning on the bike rack. I glared at each of them suspiciously before I realized I was being retarded and recognized my cousin, Ok Taecyeon, standing in the center of the preppy boys. That’s when I realized the preppy boy’s were his little posse.  I brushed them off and turned to look at two little girls playing with a skipping rope. Suddenly I noticed something and turned my attention back to Taecyeon’s posse. Why was there one more?  I kept my gaze on the group and glimpsed at each and adding a name to the familiar face. There was just one person left and I couldn’t exactly see him since his back faced my way.