Chapter 30

Like Romeo And Juliet

                                                  

 

“Whatcha doing?”
“Nothing,” I said in the same annoyingly curious tone as Sungmin.
“Eh? But it looks like something.”
I turned my head. “Go away. I'm working on something here.”
“Nothing?”
“No, my memoir.”
Sungmin gasped. “So you lied. You're not doing nothing after all.” I sighed and waved him away and turned back to my laptop screen, away from his puppy dog eyes. “Why are you working on your memoir anyways?” I shrugged and read through what I got down so far. Basically it had altered from a memoir to a diary on every detail of what I have been doing this summer. Every. Damn. Second.. It sounded like a sappy romance novel too.
“It's due around grad but I'll be pretty busy with other...things.”
“Things? What do you mean?” I bit my bottom lip. How did Kyuhyun's friends not know about the marriage thing?
“Doesn't matter. Now go away.” Sungmin pouted at me but agreed and left the room like a puppy that was denied his game of catch. I rolled my eyes and began typing. So far I had finished all the things up till the events after the trip to Paris and was documenting the scene with Kim Jonghyun at the Masquerade themed ball. My fingers froze and I tilted my head as I recalled 'Romeo' and my fingers went to my lips as I replayed the kiss. A stranger, I typed. I didn't know who he was and still don't. He called himself my 'Romeo' but he was probably high on something. I do remember he had pretty brown eyes. And his hair was brown too, but felt wondrous between my fingers. Then there was his cologne that wafted off his skin and produced a divine scent. But besides that was the kiss. It was...how am I suppose to explain it? I'm simply speechless. The only one that has ever made me feel that way is
“I'm hungry.” I turned to Kyuhyun and blew at my bangs.
“Does it seem like I care?” He shrugged and stuffed his hands in his jean pockets as he leaned on the door frame.
“I want chicken.”
“Why are you telling me this.”
“Cause you love me and will happily make it for me.”
I snorted. “Sure, and would you like me to clean the house and give you a massage?”
“Seriously? Yes!” he said eagerly.
I sighed. “Stupid hormones are making you loose brain cells.”
Kyuhyun smirked. “Then I'm losing brain cells for you babe.”
“And ,” I murmured under my breath. He snorted and left our bedroom and I turned back to word. I reread what I had typed and realized I sounded really stupid and...ew. This stuff was crap. I bit my lip and lifted my finger above the bkeyboard. The only guy who has ever made me feel that way...yeah right. Stupid sappy romance.. My finger ran over backspace and I watched as my precious attempt was deleted till I was back to where I was before. What happened to Romeo anyway? I closed Microsoft and left the seat that I had occupied for the past hours and hurried downstairs before Kyuhyun got the chance to burn the house down making his chicken.
 
~~~*~~~
 
“Let's go.”
“No.”
Kyuhyun pouted. “But I didn't get a chance to do something romantic today.”
“You did something romantic yesterday and your lucky and I didn't die from hypothermia.”
“I didn't know it would rain!” he pointed out.
I sighed. “I'll go get my jacket.” Kyuhyun smiled happily like a child and bounced on the bed as I went to the closet. I realized something and went to grab the suitcase. 
“You still haven't unpacked?”
“It's only been two days.” I bent down and ped the suitcase.
“What are you doing?”
“Unpacking for you.” Kyuhyun raked his hair and sighed before he bent down beside me.
“I'll help.”
“Yes, yes you will. You can start by taking all your undies and things that I don't want to see.”
He snorted. “Psh. Men wear briefs, not undies.”
“You wear briefs? I thought you wore boxers”
“I do wear boxers. Why?” I blinked and turned my attention away from him and back to the suitcase. “Hold up. Let me get my personal stuff out first. That's what you wanted right?” I shrugged and Kyuhyun grabbed a handful of fabrics and brought it to a drawer. “Fold them 'kay?” He muttered something under his breath but began folding either way. “It's not here,” he murmured after a second. I turned around to see that instead of folding, his boxers scattered on the floor.
“What's wrong?”
He looked up at me and smiled reassuringly. “Nothing.” I turned back to the suitcase and began taking out t-shirts and jeans before I saw something hard sticking up at the side. I pulled it out and realized it as a mask. What a loser. Who keeps a mask with him? I blinked at the design of the mask and the colors red and yellow. I wondered about the colors which seemed familiar and found myself thinking about Romeo. Instantly I placed my fingers on my lips and blushed slightly.
“What's that?” I swiveled my head and found Kyuhyun right behind me. “Hey you found my mask!” he said enthusiastically but there was a hint of fear on his face, like when a child gets caught in the act. I handed his mask over and turned my head so he wouldn't see my face. “Your blushing,” he said taunting me.
“Shut up, I-I was just...thinking about...something.”
“Well you're blushing so I bet it involves with a k-i-s-s!~”he smirked, resting his chin on my shoulder. I immediately reached for my lips and I grew even redder.
“S-so! Has nothing to do with you!” Kyuhyun smiled and transferred his chin to my other shoulder.
“It must have been a good kiss since your blushing so hard. You were probably wishing for something...more if you get my drift. Or did it happen? Hope you used a con-”
“NO! Nope, nope, nope, nope. Nothing happened. We just kissed...and yes, it was...good.” I added the last part in silently and my fingers traced my bottom lip lightly. I turned and looked at Kyuhyun who had a bewildered expression on his face.
“S-so y...you liked it? Really?”
“Why are you stuttering. Jeez, it was just a kiss.” A hot kiss. He pulled away and stared at the wall behind us though I thought I saw a slight shade of red on his cheeks.
“Y-you liked liked the kiss.”
I rolled my eyes. “Oh My God. Yes. I. Liked. The kiss.”
“Really?”
“Oh my god. Yes now stop procrastinating and come help me unpack your stuff.” He turned around and surprisingly he was smiling. He cleared his throat and made an effort to conceal his emotions but I could still see he was happy....for some odd reason.
“Ya, uh, sure.” He bent down beside me and began silently unpacking his stuff, leaving me with an odd feeling that there was something I didn't know.