Final

Love Letter

After months of silence from Byunghun, Sohyun finally realized, the pages in her life where she was happily in love with Byunghun was only momentarily and it wasn’t meant to stay. She won’t blame Byunghun, it was just not meant to be. She knew where she was standing. She would blame herself for being so attached towards him. She would blame herself for falling in a deep, deep love and she can’t find a way out. It wasn’t Byunghun. It was her. Byunghun just passed by, and she lets herself fall for him.

Sohyun got promoted and became the editor at the publishing company she worked at, she still writes poems and stories. She even started script writing to get some side-incomes. It was true that her name was no longer being said about her and Byunghun. It was a big thanks to Changjo and Hyuna to be honest. They covered everything up for them.

--

“Sohyun-ah, you’re not going yet?” Her colleagues asked as Sohyun was still infront of the laptop typing down letters by letters.

“Erm, maybe I’m staying back.” Sohyun replied and smiled.

“Aish, you used to stay home alot, now that you come out alot, you are rarely at home.” Her colleagues added. “Anyway, don’t overwork yourself.”

“I am not. You don’t have to worry.” Sohyun said right before her colleagues closed her office door.

She looked away from the door and focused on what she was typing again. She has been writing alot of short stories, however, writing novels was something she never dared to do so. She typed the title and took a deep breath before continuing.

‘A First Love’s Letter’

By: Kwon Sso

She started to type down her first paragraph with a smile in her face. She was writing down the story of her life. For others to enjoy. For others to know what it feels like to receive one very sincere letter telling you how special and meaningful you can be to a person, when some others don’t even value your existence. She knew, writing this story was a big exposure but it is worth the experience to be shared with. If the world is too full with misery, why don’t she share the kind of love she felt to spread some happiness and hopes?

Sohyun stares into the mirror across her room and smiles.

--

Sohyun woke up and realized she actually fell asleep in her office after thinking to add some sugary sweets stories to her stories. She realized it was already office hour and she can see some of the staffs already punched in their cards and started working. She rubs her forehead and regretted for not waking up and going back home to sleep. Not getting a good sleep will always be her ‘regrets-of-the-day’. She turned around and grabbed her toothbrush and face towel to clean herself in the bathroom.As she was walking towards the door, a delivery man entered her office without knocking.

“Oh God! You startled me!”

“I’m sorry. But, here is a packaging for you.” The guy said and hands her a packaging. The delivery guy seems to be in a hurry and left without giving her anything to sign or even make sure the packaging is even really for her.

She puts it down and went to the bathroom. As she was washing her face, her staff came and greeted her.

“Overslept in the office again?” She asked.

“As expected.” Sohyun laughed.

“Ah, see you’ve been getting alot of secret admirers lately.” She said.

“What do you mean? I have only started registering for match making this week.” Sohyun claimed to deny her staff.

“Yea, but someone sent you a packaging and just now, right before you entered the toilet, someone sent you a bouquet of flowers.”

“What?” Sohyun was surprised and rushed back to her office.

As she entered her office, there was really a bouquet of flowers on her table and the packaging that she puts aside right before she went out to wash her face. She drew a smile on her face and felt like it was the right time to move on.

Someone entered her office and greeted her politely.

“Good morning hard working, Kwon Sohyun.” The guy greeted her. “Do you like the flowers?” He asked.

“Did you sent me these?” Sohyun asked about the flowers.

“Well, Yes I did.” He said. “By the way, my name is Jaehyun. Ahn Jaehyun.” He introduced himself.

“And the packaging?” Sohyun asked.

“Packaging?” He hesitated. “Y-yes. I did.” He said.

Sohyun smiled and put the flowers down. “So what is the deal?” She asked.

“How about a date for tonight? Please, give me a chance to introduce you who I really am, besides knowing that I am Ahn Jaehyun.” He said.

Sohyun can’t lie that this Ahn Jaehyun is really good looking. He might think that Sohyun doesn’t know him but she knew he came from the marketing department. The head of the marketing department. She knows him well. But she didn’t know he actually had an eye on her. Well, why say no to such a beautiful and sweet guy? Anyway, she has never been on a date after Byunghun left her. She never had the guts to do so.

“Sure, pick me up after work.” She said and walked out from the office with the packaging.

Sohyun left her office to go home because she took her day off that day. She was anticipating the dinner with Ahn Jaehyun. She went to her wardrobe and was confused what kind of dress should she wear. What kind of hair should she do? She was happy enough to get a date without the help from the match making agency. They can’t be trusted anyway.

As she was matching her dress with her accessories, she realized that she haven’t take a look at the packaging that Ahn Jaehyun gave her. Her hands ran over the box and opened it slowly. Her eyes couldn’t believe whatever she was looking at. She was touched, she wanted to cry, she wanted to smile. So, she wandered herself, this must have been the feeling every girls felt to receive so much love from one person.

As promised, after work, Jaehyun picked her up at her house and she entered Jaehyun’s car wearing a coral blue maxi and did her hair. It was her first date after a few years. Her first one. It didn’t really gave her shivers.

-66 Building Restaurant-

“I kept my promise. After work.” Jaehyun said and smiled.

“Yes, you did.” Sohyun said.

“You look really pretty.”

“Thank you.” Sohyun looked uncomfortable and sighed.

“Are you feeling cold? Or Uncomfortable?” Jaehyun asked.

“Nothing.” Sohyun was confused whether she should tell him the truth or just let it slip and give herself a new air. However, she’s dying to know why. She was suffocating herself to not know the truth. “Look, the packaging just now, it wasn’t from you. Wasn’t it?” Sohyun asked directly. “You gave me the flowers but the packaging wasn’t you.”

Jaehyun was left speechless.

“I know its not you. I am really honoured to be invited here to dine with you. But, I am so sorry. I need to meet someone else.” Sohyun leaves the table.

Sohyun went to the lift and wished the time would just slow down so that she can be there on time. She got into a taxi and went to her house. She was looking everywhere for that person but he was no where to be found. She looked around until she saw Moon’s Halmeoni’s rooftop seemed to be brighter than it should have ever been.

She took her step slowly on the stairs and her heart was filled with so much feelings of happiness, satisfaction, and love. Her heavy heart finally felt lighter and she drew the sweetest smile she have ever given in her whole life.

“I’m sorry for making you wait but, I’m thankful because you waited.” Byunghun said and walked slowly towards her. He looked into Sohyun’s eyes teary with tears of joy. He put his hands on her cheeks firmly and let his forehead touch hers. “Hey, don’t cry. I’m right here. I’m here to stay.” He said and wiped away her tears.

They were only centimetres away, so close, they can feel each other’s warm breath. Byunghun looks into her eyes again and smiled. “You look so pretty tonight.”

Sohyun didn’t reply to his compliment because she locked her eyes towards his and knew his love from the look of his eyes. She keeps on crying of happiness having him infront of her.

“I thought you would just leave.” Sohyun confessed.

Byunghun didn’t reply her.

He looked deeper into her eyes until he inched closer to her and closer and closer until their lips met. Byunghun lets out his love to her and kissed her passionately. His hands travelled to her neck and kissed passionately. He missed her. He held back all his feelings for her. He held all his greed to see her. And now, he lets it go. He was too glad to just have her in his arms.

He broke the kiss and looks into her eyes. “I can’t even have you away from me.” He smiles and gave her a kiss on the lips again.

Byunghun took out something from his pocket and he took her hands. He took out a ring and put it on Sohyun’s finger.

“Now that looks prettier, Mrs.Lee.” He said.

Sohyun looked at Byunghun who was smiling sincerely. “Are you for real?” Sohyun asked unknowingly. She wasn’t doubting him but she was afraid this decision might ruined him.

“Well, if I keep on losing you even when I have the chance, I decided to tie a knot for us so that none of us can escape or slipped away.” Byunghun said.

“But what abou-“ Sohyun panicked.

“Me? Why should you worry when I have so many secrets that alot of people doesn’t know. Why don’t I make one new secret which is to marry you? And when the time comes, when we already have 2 sons and a daughter I will tell the world that their comments and harsh words on both you and me didn’t stop me from loving you.” He said and hugs Sohyun.

Suddenly, Sohyun remembered the packaging that Byunghun sent her.

“Did you wrote them all?” Sohyun asked.

“I did. I did it all. Everyday. Counting down to the days when I can finally assure you are safe from everyone else.” He said. “It was short wasn’t it? I wrote it everytime I thought of you.” 

“Aren’t you afraid?” Sohyun asked

“I am. I’m afraid to lose you.” Byunghun said as he embraced Sohyun and her hair. 

 

=================================

Hey guys!! so after a LOOOOOOOOONNNG hiatus.. yes i am sorry I didn't announce that i was on a hiatus mode >< anyway.. I am backkk and sad to say.. actually this is the last chapter. Honestly, out of all fanfic I did before, I treasured this one the most, I played with my emotions with this one the most and I have to say I received a great crowd reading this as well.. Thank you all for reading my fanfic.. and I am sorry for all the mistakes I did while writing the fanfic or for going on a hiatus for too long..

 

But, honestly.. T-T im a bit sad the story ended. but. its about time anyway... Thank you all for reading. 

 

 

 

 

 

Wait... this is not over yet... almost... I have one additional chapter coming up. its not a prequeal, not a sequeal... just a little something for you guys who have been supportinga nd commenting my fanfic.. and for silent readers, since this is the last chapter, i really hope you guys would write your last comment before I label this fanfic as completed T-T  and please do click the upvotes!!^^b

 

Wait for the extra chapter coming soon!!