Things Weren't As Before

Love Letter

"Just, rest for awhile now. Let me keep you company." Sohyun let herself sunk into her deepest emotions and cried harder. Finally the shoulder that was always lend to her when she needed is here.

---

"Who is that girl?" Ricky asked. "I mean, I know she is the owner of the diary, but she knew Jonghyunnie?" Ricky put his arm around Chanhee's shoulder.

Chanhee looked at Ricky's hand on his shoulder before he moved it away disgustedly. "Yah, keep your hands away until you take your bath. You smell like the pigs." Chanhee fixed his standing position and started to arrange the puzzle. He was positive the girl Byunghun talked about was her. "I don't know, she seems like someone Byunghun knows too."

--

"How are you?" Changjo asked. 

Sohyun pulls her hair back and drank her coffee. "Well, I've been doing quite well. Just living my life." She smiles. "See you made it on the spotlight. I didn't expect you to be on the limelight." She said and smile before taking another sip of her coffee.

Changjo puts his hands inside his pockets and smiles interestingly at Sohyun. "Isn't it? I was surprised with myself too. I like it though. The spotlights." He said as he looked up towards the skies. He moved his stare at Sohyun's face and he smiles again. "You got prettier." He said.

"You know, there has always been someone who has always got an eye on you yet you never see her." Sohyun said. "And, you totally abandoned her." 

"Really? Who?" Changjo shrugged and tried to recall all his fangirls when he was in his highschool. "I couldn't recall anyone, theres too many."

"Aish, Yah! Hyuna! Kim Hyuna!!" Sohyun said and hits Changjo with her diary. "I heard she became an idol like you." 

"Ah, Hyuna. Does she like me back then?!" Changjo was suprised. That right moment, Changjo recalled in a few interviews, Hyuna kept on saying that her ideal type is Changjo. Then, he smiled shyly. "Really? But, yeah seriously you got prettier." 

"You know, I should get your contact number. You left me and thats it. I want to call you sometime. You just sprinkled some chocolate rice on my life. It got a little, not much, just a little sweeter." Sohyun said.

Changjo looked at his phone and locked the screen again. He smiled naughtyly. "Okay, will do. Are you still using the same number?" 

"Oh, me? Yes. Yet, you never contacted me." Sohyun sulked.

"Here its, 010-*********. Oh, I need to head to our dorm, we have an early scheduled tomorrow. And, don't worry. I'll call you." Changjo said as he stood. He got closer to Sohyun and hugged her tightly. "Whatever happened, you are always the childhood friend that I love."

"Yah, Hyuna, try thinking about her." Sohyun reminded him.

"I know. I know! She met me a few times. Maybe its about time for me to ask for her number I guess. Knowing that you moved on anyway." Changjo took a few steps away. "Yah! Kwon Sohyun! You have to call me on your way back home."

"Okay!" Sohyun waved happily.

As she walked to the bus stop, she smiled happily. It was probably one of the best moment in her life so far, She has been missing her childhood bestfriend and here he is to picked her up when she's already down below in the Earth crust. As expected, there is nothing more that could make her heart becomes warm after being cold for so long. She was happy that Changjo was still there to comfort her. As she sat on the bus, she took out her phone and called Changjo's new number.

"Hey, so I am calling and, yeah I'm on the bus. Yah! Make sure you call me! And it was fun talking to you after so long. Its a nice thing to have you comforting me." Sohyun said and smiled.

"Hello?" 

Its a voice that she knew for sure. However, for sure, it wasn't Changjo's voice. She hung up and her expression changed and she was somehow terrified. She was unsure of her own feelings, wether she should be smiling or angry towards Changjo's action. When she arrived at the bus stop of the neighborhood she lived in, she walked wearily to her house. She felt so weary and down. It was somehow disapointing but somehow, she was glad to hear that voice. She arrived at her house and she looked at the rooftop. 

"Ah, I forgot to take the laundry! They have been up there the whole day!" She sighed and took out her keys.

She went to the rooftop and started to pull the laundry from the clothing lines. Suddenly, someone greeted her from the next door. 

"Kwon Sohyun, have you been doing well?" 

She dropped her laundries and turned around. "Lee Byunghun?"

Byunghun was sitting on the table that he used to sit a few years ago on his grandma's rooftop. He waved at her and smiled awkwardly. Then he looked down and looked at his fingers. He felt guilty. His pair of eyes, wasn't suppose to look at her at all. He bit his lips and looked at her again.

"Erm, Halmeoni is asleep." He said. "Last night, there was a shooting star." Byunghun points at the skies. He bit his lips again nervously. "I wished something about you, I guess it came true?" Byunghun shrugged.

Sohyun wasn't able to utter a single word. She just cried. Had she did well all these years? How can he asked those questions! No she was never okay! She was not okay. Maybe he wished for her but she wished he would forget her. She entered the house again and started to cry terribly. She then, forget that she didn't lock her front door. Byunghun who knew so well of her ran quickly towards the outdoor staircase and rushed to her house. However,Sohyun made it before him and locked the door.

Byunghun knocked the door hurriedly. "Kwon Sohyun!!" He calls.

Sohyun sat back on the door and cried. Now her life would be more than miserable. 

"Sohyun-ah!" He called again.

Her name 'Sohyun-ah'. The way he called his name was different from others would. The name sounded more meaningful when he called out for her name. Unknowingly, Byunghun shed tears while calling out her names. Her name was the name he missed calling in both his dreams and reality. He knocked and knocked and knocked until he finally shed more tears and gave up. He sat infront of the door.

In the cold weather, he looked at the sky. 

"The sky is really pretty today" He said . "I heard it might snow."  Byunghun was still crying. "I was a fool wasn't I? That moment when you called just now, I was so glad to hear your voice. It felt so warm and I was overwhelmed." He said. "But, I know, you have every rights to hate me."

Sohyun was listening to every words he said. Until, the moment, he started singing. 'How Nice Would it Be'. It made Sohyun cried harder.

"You like this song. And I've never stop playing it." Those were the last words he said. 

Sohyun opened the door and gave him a plastic cup of coffee. "Lets talk" She controlled herself from shedding a single tears. "Lee Byunghun, became alot good looking then before." She thought.

Byunghun sat on the chairs infront of Sohyun's house. 

"I am doing fine. And I see you are in a limelight. So why waste time meeting me? I haven't been thinking about you." Sohyun said coldly.

Byunghun could see the coldness in her words as he sip the bitter coffee.However he still smiles. "Yea, I'm in the same group as Changjo." He remained silent for a bit before he started talking again. "Thats quite opposite for me though, I kept thinking about you." Byunghun looked into her eyes and smiles.

"That eyes won't work." Sohyun stood up.

"Sohyun-ah, I'm sorry." Byunghun stood up as well and held her hands as he felt the rush that she would leave very soon.

Sohyun looked into his eyes and held the hand that his holding hers "Things weren't as before." She pushed Byunghun's hands away.

Byunghun did expect the outcome of their meeting but, it was too painful to be true. He looked at the door that shuts infront of his face. Slowly tears ran down his cheeks and he wiped it away forcefully. He took heavy steps back home that night and it was a perfect feeling to get some drink for himself. He went to a nearby stall close to his dorm and entered the stall. People who went drinking there, was amazed to see Byunghun entered and they started to take out their handphones to record him. However, he came in with a teary red eyes worn out from crying and runny nose. His cheeks were red and he didn't stop crying.

"Ahjumma, please give me as much soju as you can." He cried."I just felt like drinking tonight." He cried harder and bit his lips.

He can't count how many shots did he took but it wasn't enough to make his heart better so he kept on drinking. Even the lady was worried of him. "Hey, young one, you should stop drinking now. You're completely drunk!" 

Byunghun head was already on the table. He looked at his glass and poured more soju. "I just felt like drinking." He said with tears running down from his eyes. "But, this feelings won't go away." He lift his head and wiped his tears. "And these tears won't stop." He cried out loud. He puts a few notes on the table and walked away.

---

"Yah, where the hell is Byunghun!?" Chanhee who started to nag.

"He'll be home soon for sure." Changjo said and continued his sleep and covered himself up with his comforter.

Suddenly the bell rung.

"Byunghun is that you-" Chanhee openend the door and Byunghun fell on the floor. "YAH! DID YOU DRINK? YAH! YOU DRINK ALOT!!" 

---------

Sohyun sat at her study table and write down on a piece of paper as she stared at Byunghun's old bedroom. "I wanted to talk to you. I wanted to ask how life has been doing? I wanted to ask you how did you started becoming a rapper. I wanted to know what did you do in the past years."  She looked again and said slowly. "Did you missed me? Did you thought of me? Did you recalled all that we did together?"

She cried. "Have you been thinking alot about me?" 

================================================

Hey guys!! 

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEARRRR!!!~ woohooo~ anyway, yeap this was a chapter written on lunar new year but it isn't a good one to start your festive season LOL.. it will make your mood down...anyway... i hope you guys like it a lil twist... hehehe...pleaseee do comment and make my day happier and tell me how is the chapter... and pleaseeee click the upvote for those who haven't and HI NEW READER~~ DO CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON~~ lots of love and may your year be filled with prosper~^^