Back To Square One

Love Letter

A/N: I suggest listening to 100%V - Missing You while you read this chapter :')

------------------------------------------

Sohyun took the taxi to go back to the city. She stopped at Myeongdong. Slowly, she walks towards the cafe that Byunghun did a surprise for her. She enters the cafe and sit at the sit facing the piano. The piano that Byunghun played her favorite song. Her tears was falling like rain drops while she takes a sip of her vanilla latte. She realized that she took all the time she had with Byunghun for granted because she didn't see the ending. If only she remembered that Byunghun was only staying for a while, she must have did something better than whatever she did before. If only she knew today was the day Byunghun would leave, she would have told him not to leave. She would have stop him. 

She would have confess to him.

Now, everything was back to normal. There won't be anyone waking her up from her doorstep every morning to go to school. The seat next to her in the class would be empty again. There would be no one to play with at her rooftop. No more silly fights and quarrels. Everything ended. Today.

She walks back listening to the music that accomapany her way back. Previously, there would be Byunghun who would be messing up with her but now, there is no one who walks next to her. Somehow, she just walks down the road. Because she was rushing to go the airport, she didn't even wear her jumper. In the cold winter, she walks alone in thin clothes. 

"Sohyun-ah!" Someone called her and it sounded like Byunghun. She turns around with a smile and sees Changjo approaching her with her jumper.

She was disapointed with the fact it was only her imagination that the voice sounded like Byunghun's. 

"You might catch a cold." Changjo covers her up.

Because she was too sad, she just hugs Changjo, a friend that she knew since she was small and cry as much as she wanted.

"I'm such a fool! I'm such a fool!" She blame herself.

"What happened?"

----------------------------------

"Byunghun-ah! I miss you so much!" His mom came to him and gave him a hug.

Instead of hugging her back, he cried so hard. He cried like he never before.

"Why? Whats wrong boy?" 

"I think I just had a failed love. Like I broke up." He confessed and cry harder

"Aw, its okay. It happens everytime in our life. I guess it must have been your first love." 

Byunghun starts schooling at his old school again and everything went back to his life. In between a loser and a normal kid. Getting bullied every once in a while and living his life quietly. Sitting in the room and does his homework. Everyday, everything repeats. Nothing changed.

Except for the fact that he started a part-time job to try and make himself busy because, he wanted to forget Sohyun. In his opinion, Sohyun is not his. He was just a in between Sohyun and Changjo. The guys who first got Sohyun.Although it was upsetting, it was just how life works he thought.

"You fall in love,you break up and you get over it."

Byunghun was staring at the empty wall at a Starbucks near his house.  It was hard for him to get over things he doesn't want to forget. He always forget to land on the earth and face the reality.

"Excuse me, can I have Chocolate Cream Chip? Make it Venti." A customer said while checking her handbag to pay her drinks. She looks at the age around 40-50 years old.

As Byunghun was preparing the Chocolate Cream Chip, he decided to be a bit friendly and offer a warm smile. 

"Well, thank you boy. That was a really heart-warming smile you gave me. It actually made my day." Said the woman with a smile.

"Thank you. I was actually looking at your book. I adore you for reading William Shakespear's masterpiece." Byunghun said and added the whipped cream. "I like it. A Midsummer Night's Dream. My mom bought it for me but I have never had a chance to actually finish it."

"Yes, I really like the story. It is really relateable. So where are you from? You don't look native around here." The woman said.

"South Korea, maam. I followed my parents who works here as a specialist at the state's hospital."

"Interesting. Anyway, I hope you do finish reading this fantastic book." Said the lady.

"Will do." Byunghun smiles. "So quick bright things come to confusion." Byunghun said.

"Pardon me?"

"It's one of my favorite quotes in it. It relates alot about how first love actually isn't real." Byunghun gave a bitter laugh.

"Well, my son. The course of true love never run die smooth. Maybe you really haven't read out the rest of the book. Find more meaningful quotes that you can relate to a happier life. Anyway, have a nice day!" She said.

Byunghun starts to look at his palm and clench it. He bit his lips and look down. "Gosh, it's so hard to forget you." Byunghun said and continues his work.

Meanwhile in Korea, Sohyun spends her day in class looking at the empty seat next to hers and replying to every teacher's question on why Byunghun is absent for days. 

"He moved back to the States." Those answers keeps repeating day by day and finally, when her history teacher asks her the same question, she stood up and leaves the class.

She goes to the rooftop and look around her. Since Byunghun left for the States, everything seems so hard for Sohyun. It was probably because she has never love someone that much like how she loves Byunghun. Slowly she closes her eyes and tears starts falling down. Without her realizing, Changjo came up as well. Looking so worried of his childhood friend, he approach her.

"Kwon Sohyun." He calls. "You might catch a cold." Changjo puts her jumper at her shoulder.

Still, Sohyun keeps on crying. Without knowing what to do, Changjo hugs her and comfort her. "It's not like he's dead or something. He just went away. Someday, you'll meet someone better. Its like a temporary fever, you get flu, you cough and you sneeze and you hate the feeling of having a blocked nose. However, everything will soon be better and the fever will go away. Trust me." Changjo said.

It was the most heart-warming thing Changjo has ever said. Although what he said made her calm and felt like she should stop cying, she just want to cry and forget about everything she still think about. 

Gradually, time passes by and winter slowly went away and greeted the spring. After the flowers blooms, the summer comes and greet with its breeze. Long gone be the summer, comes the Autumn and leaves falls on the path of those who walks down their life and eventually winter comes again. Days passes by so fast that everything was swept away by the time. Even the memories.

Being the lonely Sohyun, whose childhood friend, Changjo left for overseas to study in Ireland, and her girl friends which she is not close to moved to other province. She did everything alone. After Byunghun left, it was as if he left a curse on Sohyun to be alone. Because her life was just too quiet, she cries every night.

And there was no one to call her and ask how she is or what she is doing. She was just alone.

No one.

Invinsible.

==========================================

Okay, the thing is..i was listening to 100%V - Missing You throughout typing down this chapter and my emotions got carried away by the song's sad story and yeah...so I suggest you guys read this chapter listening to 100%V - Missing You. Cause I think it would make you guys get carried away as well.. LOL... im so emo XD

 

Anyway...as always, do comment. Cause i really love reading them, subscribe and do click the upvote button ^^