A White Confession

Love Letter

Sohyun wakes up from her sleep and realize its already morning. Christmas day with snow falling. Its a white Christmas she thought but she don't really celebrates it. No trees, no decorations and no gifts. She gets herself ready as she know that Chris and Matt and Byunghun is waiting for her to take them around Seoul. Sohyun runs down to her kitchen and take a light breakfast and leave the house.

"Wow, you guys are early. Expectedly." Sohyun said and smile.

"Since its public holiday, I don't think the palace are open for public today nor the other museum and other tourist spot. So?" Byunghun asks. "Ah, merry christmas!"

"Oh, yes. Christmas. It's a public holiday. Whatever. I'm wishing you too."  Sohyun said and try to think of other things.

"It's okay guys, we're not that tourist type. I mean, take us anywhere you always take your friends like a hangout." Matt said.

"Hmm, let's take them to the cafes we have in Korea. It's quite different from the States in some ways." Byunghun said and starts walking with Sohyun,Chris and Matt.

"So, Sohyun. How is it being friends with L.joe?" Chris ask and made Sohyun depended on L.joe to help her translate.

"Ah, he's fun, troublesome and nice but sometimes he is a pain in the ." Sohyun said in Korean.

"She said, I am fun, nice but a bit of trouble-some and." Byunghun thought he didnt want to talk bad about himself so he lied. "very good-looking."

"I don't think its true. You're man!" Chris laugh

"It's the truth!!" Byunghun said and laughs.

"Guys, order something to drink or have breakfast. I'll be waiting there." Sohyun said and wait at a seat in the cafe where they arrived.

"She's not eating? She doesn't seems like she's in the mood?" Chris asks Byunghun.

"I don't know. Maybe something is up." Byunghun said and look at Sohyun.

Byunghun don't really find the excitement in Sohyun's face and she seems so quiet and preserve. He didn't know why. It's not like he did any mistakes or made her mad. After ordering, they move to where Sohyun is sitting quietly while staring at the snow falling outside of the cafe. 

"Sohyun, are you ok?" Matt asks

"I'm fine! Thank you!" Sohyun gives a bitter smile.

Byunghun sits next to Sohyun closely. Slowly, Byunghun approach her.

"So, you don't wish upon the stars, you don't celebrate Christmas. Do you celebrate Chuseok?" Byunghun asks slowly and sarcastically.

"Theres no one to celebrate with." Sohyun replied.

"I told you we would celebrate together." Byunghun replied and give her a smile. The conversation really seems like its only them sitting at the table. 

"Anyway, I just don't believe in all these things. It's just too epic. Everyday is the same thing." Sohyun said. "I just don't see any different in my life in any celebration. Everything is the same." 

"That is why I am going to make it different everyday for you." Byunghun said and smile. "I bought you cookies and milk. Eat it." 

Actually what Sohyun was thinking is all about the letter and also the fact that everyday seems same for her. The letter. If it really is Byunghun, why didnt he say anything? Or even asked for the letter from her. Why her? She looks at Byunghun's face and keeps on relating it to the letter. She snaps out from the thought that made her having mood swings and lift herself up.

"Yah, after this, lets go to Namsan tower!" Sohyun said excitedly.

"I see! She got her mood lifted! Yay!" Matt said.

They went to Namsan tower and bought their own locks to put at the tower. Byunghun bought a lock for himself but he didn't see Sohyun buying any. Byunghun write something and hang it at the lock. Before he locks it at the tower, he calls Sohyun who is helping out Matt and Chris.

"Yah! Lee Byunghun! You should help your friends here!" Sohyun asissted.

"Coming!" 

"So, this is where couples come and write their love words and hang it here with these locks?" Matt asked.

"Just as you were informed." Byunghun said'

"I'm feeling like I'm gay for coming here with Chris. Should have brought a girl." Matt laughs and made Chris acts like a girl.

"I am your girl." Chris said.

While Sohyun laughs and watch Chris and Matt, suddenly Byunghun reach for her hands as if he is going to hold her hands but instead he gave her something. Sohyun stops laughing and turns around.

"What is this?" Sohyun asks. "What is this key for?" 

"It's our lock's key. Here, look!" Byunghun shows her the message and the lock that he haven't hang it.

I am Lee Byung Hun. A friend of this girl, Kwon Sohyun.

I may not know her for a long time, but I understood her heart better than I understand Korean language.

I trust her and I really like her. I do have a wish for today but I don't want to write it down. I will wish it when I lock this thing to the tower.

Kwon Sohyun, will you allow me to lock this thing? If you allow me, I will lock it, if you don't allow me, you have to unlock it.

If you unlock it, my wish won't come true. If you let it be. My wish is already fulfilled.

"Do you want me to lock it?" Sohyun asks.

"It's your choice." Byunghun said and lock it to the tower. "You have the key and its yours to chose." 

Sohyun looks at the letter written and look at the key in her hand. She looks at Byunghun straight in the eye and she looks at the key again.

"I'll help you get your wish fulfilled today." Sohyun said and put the key in her pocket.

"Wait!" Byunghun said taking out two necklace.

"This thing, needs a locket but the locket is not pretty so I threw it away. One for you and one for me. Put the key in. It is now a necklace." Byunghun smiles.

Although its a cheap necklace she thought but its an effort made by Byunghun to give her a gift that she thinks is really thoughtful and good enough. She looks at the necklace she had just made and smiles. She sees a snow falls on the key and she smiles brighter. She wears the necklace and smiles.

"Thank you." Sohyun holds the key and smiles. "Yah! The next time we come, the you might even find the lock!" Sohyun said.

"Thats the point! You can't undone what I've wished for." Byunghun said and laughs.

"Yah! What am I? A genie?" Sohyun asks.

"Hey, guys I think we need to go back to Myungdong cause I think I need to shop more!" Chris and Matt said and make a puppy face.

"Sure. Wait, your flight is 12 o'clock midnight  right? That means you need to be at the airport at 9. So, I guess after Myungdong, let's go back to the house and take your bags together and head to the airport." Sohyun planned out their journey to make it easier for them.

They arrive at Myungdong when there was a street mob dancing together. Lots of people join them. Its a competition for couples to dance to a mob dance and everyone is invited to join. Without any hesitation, Sohyun grabs Byunghun's dance and start dancing with him and everyone else at the mob. Excitedly, they dance and even Matt and Chris joined them, that moment gave Matt and Chris a very memorable event in Korea. Suddenly, someone talk using the mic.

"So, we saw you danced, we judged you. Now, the best couple for this dance is, the blonde haired boy and the short-haired girl!" The guy suited up in Santa Claus outfit said.

"It's us!? Oh my god! We've just arrived! We won! Wait? What did we won?" Byunghun asks excitedly.

They pull Byunghun and Sohyun on the small stage and gave them a couple sweater.

"No! I can't. We're not couples. We're just friends." Sohyun said while Byunghun keeps rejecting it politely saying they're just friends.

"Who knows, what might happen in the future. Friend-zone might be over." The Santa Claus said and made them accept the sweater.

Chris and Matt went shopping for few hours until they meet Byunghun and Sohyun back and they are ready to go back. 

"Guys, I think we should take our bags now. We don't want to miss the flight." Chris said.

"Done? Wow, thats fast! So, back to my house, take your bags and we'll send you off." Byunghun said and stopped a taxi.

When they arrive,Jungshin is waiting outside the house shivering. "YAH! Why do I have to suffer because of you guys!" 

"What did I do?" Byunghun asks.

"You went out and locked the door when I was in the garden feeding halmeoni's cat and I can't enter the house! I couldn't go anywhere else cause I'm in my boxers! You idiot!" Jungshin yells.

"You should have called me." 

"My phone is in the house." Jungshin's face is full with anger. 

"Sorry. Oh, Merry Christmas hyung!" 

It was so stupid of him to wish his brother merry christmas in that kind of state. Stupidly jerk. Sohyun entered the house and sees the oppurtunity to talk to Jungshin again.

"Jungshin oppa, can I ask you?" Sohyun ask

"What?" Jungshin showed no interest to answer.

"Oh, here. A hot chocolate." Sohyun give it to Jungshin and kind of like had themselves made a kind of deal. A win win situation. I gave you a hot chocolate, you answer my question. "Does Byunghun uses his acronym, L.J often back in Ameria?" 

"Yeah, always. Usually he puts the acronym on his stuffs. It stands for L.Joe." Jungshin said and take a sip.

"Oh." 

"Guys, we're ready!" Matt said.

"Oh! I'll call the taxi." Byunghun dialed the number.

-----

Incheon International Airport.

"Hey, Sohyun. I don't know what kind of relationship you guys have, but I know somehow, you are falling as deep as my friend L.Joe is falling. Fall with him!" Although Matt knows she don't understand but he knows maybe she gets it abit.

"Dude! Go easy on her. Grab her slowly! I know you're into her!" Chris said and pats Byunghun's shoulder.

"No! We're friends." 

"Dude! Friend-zone ! Anyway, take my advise! I'm an expert! See ya soon!" 

"Thank you so much for helping us here! Kamsahamnida!" Matt bowed and left.

"Your friend said something but I don't understand it."

"You don't have to. Hey, wanna go to Han River for a walk?" Byunghun ask. and Sohyun agreed.

They took a taxi and get on their way to Han River. It is usually a place where people date, suicide, or even cry, jog. Its a place that witnessed too many things that are too good to be true. They arrive there and it was quiet. The scenery is nice. The snow was thick and clean. It is great for...

"YAH! Snow fight!" Byunghun throw a snowball at Sohyun's face.

"Yah! It hit my face!! You !" Sohyun chase him and starts to get in the game with him

They keep on throwing the snow to each other. Laughs and let themselve fall deeper into their own world. They played not knowing the meaning of tired. Suddenly, war broke up when Sohyun attacked Byunghun with a giant snow ball.

"Hey! No fair! That is not legal!" Byunghun said

"There's no rules in snow fight!" Sohyun laughs.

"Come here! Let's stop. I'm tired. Maybe we should walk home."

"Ah, it must be great if I come here with my boyfriend. If I have one." Sohyun said and sigh.

"Me too." Byunghun said and looks at Sohyun.

"Yah, you have so many admires. You can just choose any." Sohyun kicks the snow.

"Really? I do? But I think, tonight, I'm yours." Byunghun's words came out spontaniously and made Sohyun froze.

"What did you say just now?" Sohyun asks.

"Tonight I am yours." Byunghun smiles and starts to run. "Catch me if you can!" 

"Yah! Yah! Byunghun stop running! It's slippery!"

They took a long way just to go back home and as usual after arriving home, Byunghun always hang out with her at her rooftop. Sohyun is still thinking about what Byunghun said. He took her breath away. She sits next to Byunghun and looks at him and that time, Byunghun looks at her too.Both of them are lock in their own gaze and they are unable to let themselves go.

"You did nothing yet when I am yours tonight." Byunghun said.

"I didn't." Sohyun reply and didn't even blink an eye on Byunghun.

Without them realizing, both of them are getting closer and closer until they can feel each other's breath. Byunghun moves slowly and kiss Sohyun. Sohyun is shock but she think its about time for her to give in. She close her eyes. They kissed under the snow. Its a white confession without a word. They know it on their own but before they left themselve go deeper into the kiss, Byunghun stops and get back to his senses and part their lips.They look into each other's eyes and Byunghun stand up and look away.

"Sohyun-ah, I think,Um, I'm late? It was fun today. Um, I." Byunghun stutters while walking and keeps on bumping into lots of stuffs until he almost fell. "Good nighit! Bye!" Byunghun runs to his house.

Sohyun smiles and touch her lips. "My first kiss."

Meanwhile Byunghun is lying on the bed in his room while touching his lips. "My first kiss."

==============================================================================

YESSS!! YESS!! YES!!! THEIR FIRST EVER KISS! THEIR FIRST EVER KISSSSSS!!! hehehhehe... White Confession without words!! What do you guys think? How will they develop their relationship?? did they quit their friend zone?? hehehehhe...do comment and subscribe~ and also vote^^