This is an important discussion.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yoongi, give us some space.”

“You know this is my room too, right?” Yoongi asked Ara, looking at the four people who invaded our room.

“Could you please let us talk with her in private? Jackson will be here soon.” Jin asked politely.

“What does Jackson have to do with you wanting to talk alone?” He didn’t let it go. “You do know that we will hear you anyway, right?”

“Mina and I had many conversations that you didn’t hear.” He frowned and looked at me.

“Could you please go down? If it is something bad, I’ll tell it myself.” He nodded unsurely and left. As soon as he closed the door, I pulled the barrier up to stop the boys from hearing us. “What’s up, guys?”

“When are you going to tell Yoongi?” Jin asked dead serious.

“I don’t know, okay. It isn’t easy to just come and say ‘Hey, Yoongi. I’m going to need a lot of your blood for a week.’ He’s going to ask questions.”

“What are you talking about?” Taehyung asked, just as confused as the others.

“How many marks?”

“Four,” I whispered.

“Are you crazy?” Jin almost yelled. “Either you tell him when Jackson arrives or I’ll do it. How could you let it happen?”

“My head was filled with other thoughts.”

“Could you please explain what is happening?” Ara was looking at us with crossed arms.

“What’s happening is that your sister-in-law is putting her life in danger.”

“Please just give me a few days. Yoongi needs to calm a bit down and telling him that after Jihoon’s appearance isn’t the best idea.” I explained and Jin nodded. Ara wanted clearly to know what we were talking about, but she fell to the ground.

“What’s wrong?” I kneeled down.

“I don’t know. I suddenly felt weak.” I soon felt the same and I couldn’t support my own weight.

“Taehyung go get the others,” Jin ordered worried and Tae obeyed. I observed as blue dots start to pop up on her skin. My wings popped out suddenly, surprising Jin.

“Since when do you… “ He was interrupted by the boys running inside.

“What’s wrong?” Hoseok asked both of us, completely on doctor mode. He put his hands on our forehead and frowned. “You’re both cold. Even colder than a vampire’s normal temperature.” 

“I don’t feel cold, though,” I said, but my wings thought otherwise because they hugged my body.

“Do you know what is happening?” Jungkook asked Jin who seemed as confused as the others.

“That never happened.” He said. Taehyung approached us and stared at the dots.

“This looks like Wolf fever.” He said.

“What’s that?” Yoongi asked while hugging sideways. “When a wolf’s instincts are repressed, they get this fever to warn people around that his mate is pushing them away.”

“But it doesn’t make sense. None of them is staying away from their mates.” Jimin argued back. I looked at Ara intensively and she looked away. I looked at her neck, but there was Hoseok’s mark. Yoongi reinforced ours today, so it didn't make sense. I looked again at her eyes and I saw what she was trying to hide.

“No, you didn’t,” I asked her shocked.

“I had no choice.” 

“Are you crazy? You know how important it is.” I argued, back.

“If you know, then why haven’t you done it too?” She accused me.

“That’s because I don’t know if I’m still human. That would be dangerous for both of us. Even if that was the case for me, I have done it to already.” I defended myself. “I told you that.”

“It isn’t that easy. He’s going to freak out.”

“Don’t you think I know that?” We kept on arguing as if we were alone in the room until Namjoon stopped us.

“Stop, girls. What are you talking about? What has both of you being humans to do with it?” We stared at each other, ordering each other to ask his question.

“Ara and Mina. I want to know why you’re both freezing.”

“Maybe, just maybe we forgot to tell Hoseok and you something.” I started, avoiding their serious gazes. The others left, leaving the four of us alone in the room.

“And what would that be?”

“Apparently having a human as a mate is more difficult than you think.”

“Go straight to the point,” Hoseok ordered and we flinched slightly.

“Hoseok, the bite on Ara’s neck is that a mate mark or you simply were feeding on her?” I asked first to make sure that it was as bad as I thought.

“She wanted to feed me.” He answered.

“Ara.” I scolded her. “The thing is that for a whole month vampires with human mate have to mark their mate at least twice a week. The mating mark isn’t fully accepted until then.” I explained. “Before you get all mad on me, I didn’t tell you before it isn’t necessary for us anymore. The fact that I bit you is enough, but I clearly told Ara that before Christmas.”

“What happens if it doesn’t happen?” Hoseok asked with his eyes on Ara.

“Her vampiric side starts to get wild and her thirst for blood get bigger each week,” I explained. Hoseok simply took her in his arms and left. Yoongi told the others to us alone before putting me on our bed.

“Then what’s wrong with you?”

“I don’t know,” I answered. He kneeled down in front of me and started my head. We stayed like that for a few minutes.

“Are you feeling better?” I nodded. The tiredness was replaced with unreasonable sadness.

‘I shouldn’t be feeling like that. We are together again.’ I scolded myself. Yoongi smiled sadly.

“It’s tiring, right?” I got confused. “We see us all together, but nothing is the same.” I broke our eye contact. “I can feel your sadness, Mina.

“I’m sorry.” I had a not in my throat.

“You don’t need to. You can cry, Mina.”

“But I don’t want to. I have no reason to cry.” I whispered.

‘Are you sure about it, Mina?’ I nodded, still unsure.

“Minnie and Taehyung showed up suddenly. Because of the actual situation, you had to put on a mask, maintaining strong in front of them so that they can feel at ease with us. You’re constantly around us to make sure that our emotional state is fine. You know everything about our past relationship and you’re making sure that everyone is at ease around its soulmate. You’re the one everyone is turning t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter