What kind of creature is she?

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who is the lucky boy?” Annick asked as she entered the room where I was getting ready for my meet with Ara. 

“No one.” I answered.

“There has to be a boy for you be dressed like that.” I frowned and I looked at myself. I was wearing a black sweater, a white skirt with socks which reached my knees.

“My clothes are nothing extraordinary.” I put a coat on and I grabbed my bag which contained everything I needed for today.

“Aren’t you going to put makeup for your date?” Annick kept on insisting that I had a date.

“I’m not going on a date and I don’t have to waste with makeup.” I said and I left the bedroom. I put my boots on when I reached the entrance and I left without saying goodbye. I walked to the bus stop which was a little far and I put my headphones on. I tried to concentrate on the song which was being played, but Rose and Solux didn’t let me.

“Why are you arguing now?” I asked and I got in the bus which arrived a few seconds ago.

'Solux says that she has been longer inside of you than me.' Rose explained.

'I’m 100% sure of that.'

'It doesn’t matter who has been longer in my head. You’ll be both in my head until I die.'

'You’re talking as if we were a burden for you.' Rose said and Solux agreed with her.

'It isn’t as if we have chosen to here.' Both seemed hurt with my words and I sighed.

“Me neither have chosen to have two spirits with opposite personalities in my head who are constantly arguing, but I got used to it. I actually like you. You always tried to help me when I’m down. However, I would like to think without having you always commenting.” I explained and I got off the bus.

Both remained silent and I walked to the meeting point. I didn’t need to reach the McDonald’s to see Ara who also saw me and she waved at me. I walked quickly towards her and she hugged me as soon as I was a step away from her.

“Hello.” I greeted her when she moved away.

“Hi. How are you?” She asked and she looked around as if she was looking for someone.

“Hungry.” We laughed and we went in the McDonald’s which was surprisingly empty.

“How did you convince Yoongi not to come?” I asked curious. He seemed to be curious about me like the others what didn’t surprise me and he sued normally every opportunity to try to end his curiosity.

“I told him that I would take you to our house later and that you would make him a massage.” I looked at her surprise.

“When did I say that?”

“I had to make up something so that he would saz at home. He was complaining too much and he didn’t stop saying that you’re his friend too and that I’m not the only one who has the right to hang out with you.” She explained while walking towards an empty desk with her order in her hands.

“I didn’t know my company was so precious.” I said and we laughed. I knew perfectly that each one of them wanted to spend time with me to discover why I was so unique and mysterious. They had never managed to control their curiosity when the topic was me.

-What do you want, Yoongi? … Near to the Foot Locker. … Why?- Yoongi must have told her that something was wrong because she frowned, worried. -Yes, she’s with me … We’re going … I’ll text you if it’s necessary. Bye.- She hung up and stood up.

“What happened?” I stood up too.

“We have to leave. Get going and wait for me in front of the Foot Locker. I have to do something before.” Her gaze was clearly ordering me not to protest and to do what she said. I obeyed her just because the situation seemed to be serious. I just managed to take a few step away from the fast food restaurant before a group of men dressed in black blocked my way. I looked them in the eyes and I took a step back when I saw their red eyes.

“It looks like we don’t have to go hunting today, guys.” What seemed to be the leader said and he tried to touch my cheek, but I stepped back. My heart was beating fast and I was getting more nervous with their presence.

“What do you want from me?” I asked and I called mentally for Ara who was taking too long with whatever she was doing.

“Your blood. It smells too delicious for us to let you go.” One of them answered and before he could touch me, Ara grabbed his wrist.

“What do you think you’re doing, Min?” She put herself between us to protect me and she analysed quickly my body, looking for any injury before looking back at them.

“I should be the one asking you that, Daniel.” Her tone was serious and my anxiety was increasing with each passing minute because I didn’t know those vampires, thus I didn’t know how to act.

“We are on a neutral territory as your brother must already have told you, thus we can hunt everyone, including the beauty behind you.” He smiled evilly at me and I shivered. “What kind of creature is she? A mermaid? A fairy? Or maybe an angel?” I widened my eyes and I approached Ara.

“Ara, who are they? What are they talking about?” I dared to ask. She must be feeling my fear, because she looked at me and showed me an insurer smile. She looked back to the group and I heard a small growl.

In front of us was a store with mirrors and I saw Ara’s violet eyes which was a clear warning. Just like Hoseok, she had a great self-control and she would only showed the true colour of her eyes when she was really angry or trying to protect something. I didn’t believe at first that she could control herself that well because she had a short temper.

“If you go now, no one will get hurt.”

“What makes you think that we will let you unharmed?” The man named Daniel asked with a raised eyebrow and a cynical smile on his lips.

“Maybe the fact that she’s under my brother’s protection and we all know what will happen if you insist on trying to have her blood.” Ara’s sentence made me even more confused. All of them mumbled something incomprehensible and they walked away. Ara sighed when the danger was gone and she turned away.

“Are you okay? Are you feeling a headache? Does anything hurt?” Every time I tried to answer her, she would come with another question, so I decided to let her finish talking.

“Are you done?” She nodded. “I’m fine. You came in the right time.”

“Thank God. I thought I had arrived too late.” She sighed relieved, then she smiled widely as if nothing had happened. “Now that the problem is solved, let’s go shopping!” She said excited. We hadn’t even started shopping and I was already tired, but I didn’t have the heart to tell it to Ara who was so excited.

(...)

“Have you bought the whole shopping center?” It was obvious that Jimin would make a joke as soon as he would see us with all our bags. I still didn’t believe that we had to call one of them to come help us to carry all our bags because it would be too heavy, at least for me since Ara is much stronger than m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter