I would too if I could.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Could you calm down? It isn’t the end of the world.’

‘Even you don’t believe your own words.’ She said and I laughed slightly. ‘How could you have forgotten about them? The most powerful and influential beings in the world. We are going to die. I thought that I would live longer this time than my previous life, but apparently I deceived myself.’

‘Stop acting like a drama queen, Rose. I need to pay attention to the teacher.’ I tried to change the topic hopelessly.

‘Don’t even try to change the topic.  You aren’t even paying attention to him and we need to think about a plan for their arrival.’

‘Why is the princess doing such a big fuss?’ Solux asked me using the nickname she gave Rose to .

‘The reason why she’s doing such a drama because the Elders are in the city. They are the ones who are responsible for the peace in the natural world. Each specie has a representative.’ I explained.

“Then, it must be a huge group because there are different types of fairies for example.’ I didn’t ask her how she knew that and just explained it to her.

‘It’s not like that. The representative of the fairies is Enchantia and she speaks for all type of fairies because she’s the oldest of all and knows everything about her specie.’

I stood up and I got out of the bus. It was strange for me to go to school by bus because I was used to be driven by Jaebeom, but he couldn’t bring to day because he had an appointment with the Elders.

‘I still don’t the problem.’ Solux admitted.

‘Solux, the Elders are responsible for keeping the balance between the mundane and the supernatural world. In other words, they have established rules to keep their world hidden from the humans. They came to verify that Jaebeom hadn’t broken the rules.’

‘What happens to the humans who know about them?’

‘It depends of the circumstances. If the human is someone’s soulmate, they aren’t so strict because they assume that the human mate will keep the secret to protect its other half, but there are obviously exceptions. There are two options for the exceptions. They are either killed or  or turned into the creature they have discovered.’

‘You’re the mate of one of the vampires, right?’ I nodded. ‘Then why are you so worried? You’re his soulmate and you will keep the secret.’

‘You’re sometimes so positive that it annoys me.’ Rose complained. ‘Your solution has one problem. Yoongi doesn’t remember that they are soulmates, thus Mina won’t be under his protection and she’ll be judged as any other human.’

‘Okay, I got it. The princess is right. We are in trouble.’ I sighed because I had two pessimistic people in my head. I ended up bumping into someone and I bowed to apology.

“I’m sorry. I haven’t saw you.”

“I didn’t know you need glasses too, idiot?” I sighed and I stared serious at Yifan.

“You should be more kind with girls. You won’t get a girlfriend with this attitude.” Both looked at the woman who was standing in front of us and Yifan went away without saying anything. I was sure he just did it because of Azura’s voice which had hypnotised him. No men could resist the voice of the most powerful mermaid on earth.

“Thank you.” I was about to discreetly run away from her, but she stopped me.

“Could you take me to the principal’s office? I have to talk to him about my nephew.” She lied and I had to accept because it would possibly make things worse if I rejected to help her. It was difficult to walk side by side with one of the most powerful mermaid who was trying to hypnotising me with her chant.

“We are here. I hope you have a good day.” I bowed politely and I literally ran away from Azura who seemed confused for my resistance.

'That mermaid was really powerful.' Solux commented and I nodded. I sat down next to Jungkook, tired of the mind block I had had to do.

“Good morning.” I greeted him, not surprised to see him pretending to be reading. He didn’t need to pretend anything because I couldn’t even accuse of stalking me though I was pretty sure he was at least listening to me.

“Good morning.” Even though he was surprised of me speaking to him after almost a week of ignoring him, he smiled widely at me.

I felt his eyes on me during classes and he would look away when I would try to catch him. It was really hard not to talk to him because I could feel his eyes on me and had the feeling he wanted to tell me something. For everyone’s joy, the Math teacher was absent, thus we had a longer lunch break. I wanted to keep on talking with Rose and Solux about the Elders, thus I headed to the back of the school where it’d be quiet. I bumped into someone and I bowed in a apology.

“I am so..” I couldn’t end my sentence because something cold was squeezing my neck.

“Where! Is! It!” Seunghwa growled each word. Even if I wanted to answer, I couldn’t and I was more interested in getting his hand away of my neck than answering him. Oxygen entered my lungs again when his hand vanished and I felt someone pulling me away from him.

“Are you crazy? You can’t just attack a human.” Hoseok tried to make him get to his sense while Jimin and Namjoon were holding him who was trying to reach me. Jungkook was protecting me by putting me behind him.

“That thing is everything but human.” Seunghwa shouted furious.

‘Shout.’ Solux ordered and I obeyed despite the pain in my throat. I just let a acute yell that forced them to cover their ears and I used that opportunity to escape. I just managed to take a few steps because Hansol had grabbed my arm. My body was lifted by Seunghwa and he threw me as if I were a ball. I managed to cover my face before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter