None of us is.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok looked shocked at Ara who seemed to be relieved.

“Hoseok hyung?” Jungkook asked again to confirm and I nodded. 

“They have been together since her birth and that’s why Ara’s vampire recognised him earlier than any vampires has ever done.”

‘Don’t intervene in their relationship. She’s your sister, but she’s also Hoseok’s soulmate and he would never hurt her. Soulmates should never be separated.’

“Well. I’m happy that’s not Jimin or Jungkook.” Yoongi said to break the tension.

“Me too.” They admitted relieved. Hoseok was still staring at Ara who was blushing slightly.

‘Have I done a mistake? It looks like Hoseok will act as he did the first time.’ I asked Rose and Solux for help. I didn’t want to see them hurting again.

‘Give them some advice through your bound with them.’ Solux suggested and I agreed.

‘Don’t push her away. You’ll just hurt her if you do so. Give your relationship a chance before considering rejecting her.’ Hoseok looked at me.

‘Don’t pressure him. It will take time for him not to see you as the girl he has raised as his own daughter.’ Ara didn’t seem as surprised as Hoseok to hear my voice in her head and nodded.

“Do you think they know who we are?” Jimin asked.

“I don’t think so. Your mate was completely over heels for you, Jimin. If she knew about your existence, she would have already found you.”

“Are you sure?” He seemed unsure and I nodded, still not looking to any of them.

“Absolutely. She’s a beautiful mermaid who didn’t let go of you as soon as you first met. She would follow you around and say how much she loves you through your vampire hasn’t recognised her yet. A mermaid can only love once in her lifetime.” I explained.

“What about mine?” Jungkook asked also curious.

“Your mate is one of the cutest werewolves I’ve ever met and he would always take care of you,” I answered. 

“What creature is my soulmate?” Namjoon asked and he didn’t seem as happy as the others.

“He’s an angel. A powerful one. You know him.” I confessed and I felt his eyes on me. “You knew him even before turning into a vampire. He has always followed you everywhere.” I said and I simply stood up. I left the room and went upstairs to lock myself in the bathroom. As soon as I closed the door, I collapsed to the ground and touched my heart.

‘Breathe, Mina. The pain will eventually go away.’ Rose said and I obeyed.

‘Why? Why does it have to be me? Isn’t it enough that I have to bear the pain of my own relationship? Why do I have to be their guardian? I’m too weak to bear their pain.’ I asked desperately for an answer I wouldn’t get.

‘Hold on tight, Mina. It’s just temporary.’ Solux tired to comfort me, but it wasn’t enough.

‘Stop lying.’ I started to sob. ‘Why were my memories not taken too? It would be much easier to ignore their existence.’

‘Then what? Do you regret it? Do you regret meeting the love of your life? Do you regret the loyal friends you have made? Do you regret everything you’ve experienced together?’ Rose asked, angry.

‘No.’

‘Then never say that again.’ She demanded and I nodded.

‘You just have to endure it a little longer, Mina.’ Solux said in a sad tone. ‘It might hurt, but I can assure that you have wonderful friends and a soulmate that would do everything for you. I don’t know why they don’t remember, but their hearts can’t be fooled. Since the beginning, they felt somehow that you were special and they approached you despite the confusion in their mind. I know if the other three were here, the pain would be more bearable, but they aren’t. However, it doesn’t mean that it will be like this forever. They have their soulmates and they’ll meet them eventually. It’s their fate to cross paths one day. I don’t know how long it will take for them to show up, but when it happens, you’ll be there to give them advice. You’ll think that it was worth it of enduring this pain because the happiness will be greater.’

‘Wow!’ Rose said amazed. ‘I didn’t know you could be this sentimental.’

‘I’m not just sarcasm and cynicism. I have other feelings too.’ She replies annoyed, being the Solux we knew and loved.

“We are not angry.” I ignored them and paid attention to Hoseok’s words who was on the other side of the door. “I’m not angry. I might be a little confused right now, but I’m not angry, Mina. None of us is. I don’t know why you hid it from us, but I’m sure it is for a good reason. Maybe you were just trying to protect us.” I crawled slowly towards the door but didn’t open it.

“I’m sorry” I whispered.

“I know you are. You don’t need to hide and to suffer alone. You’re not alone anymore. You can always tell us what is troubling you and together we can work out something.” I stood up and opened the door so that I could see Hoseok with one eye. He smiled softly at me. “There’s no way we could be angry at you when you were just worrying about our feelings, Mina. We all understand you and we might even have done the same thing if we were in your position.”

“You’re not angry?” I asked just to confirm.

“No.” His eyes were full of sincerity and I opened completely the door.

“I was just trying to help.” I hugged him and he caressed my hair.

“I know.” We parted and he smiled at me.

“Do you want to go down?” He asked softly.

“I’ll take a shower first,” I whispered and he nodded. He left me in front of Ara’s bedroom door and went downstairs. I went in and grabbed my backpack before leaving it again. I went back to the bathroom and locked the door. First I took out the necklaces and my bracelet and put it in the backpack. I took out my clothes and looked the scars which had been hidden by the enchanted bracelet from others’ eyes. Each scar had a story

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter