I failed you.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Change that look on your face, Jungkook.” Hoseok ruffled his hair.

“Don’t like being there. Why did we have to come? We told Mina we wouldn’t come in order to be earlier back home? Why have you changed your mind, Yoongi hyung?”

“I got informed that the reunion would be about a new threat to our kind. I thought we should be there to get as much information as we can. I have a mate to protect, thus I need to be informed.” I explained.

‘Me too.’ I heard Hoseok’s thought. I looked at him, but his eyes were on Ara who was laughing with Jimin. He must have felt my eyes on him because he looked at me and smiled shyly.

‘It might be still new to me to be Ara’s soulmate, but I’ll do my best to protect her. She was already precious to me before finding out about us, but now it is one more reason to treat her like a princess.’ I smiled at him, happy that my sister had someone who loved her.

An unmistakable smell reached my nose as soon as Namjoon opened the warehouse’s door. All present vampires turned around to see the latecomers to such important reunion. They avoided eye contact immediately and turned around. After all, we were the smallest, yet one of the most powerful clans of South Korea and we had connections with clan from all around the world. However, I just wanted to know why Mina's smell was here even though no heart was beating.

"I'm glad to see that you made it here." Joseph who was in the front said sarcastically.

"We wouldn't miss such reunion," Jungkook answered in the same tone and Hoseok growled, showing his sharp teeth to Joseph who growled to Jungkook. He had a high sense of protection towards Jungkook because it was him who had turned Jungkook into a vampire. 

"You should approach and meet our new threat." He smiled and some of his clan pushed us to the front. We growled and everyone pulled apart as we walked forward.

I got held by three vampires when I saw the prisoner in the cage. The others were being held back too by other vampires. Even though her golden wings were covering her as a shield, I would recognise Mina everywhere.

"MINA!" I called her, but she didn't move.

"It's a lie. An illusion. He said he wouldn't come and he never lied to me. It's just an illusion. Just an illusion. Don't put your protection down." Her whisper was very low and her voice transmitted her fear.

'It's me, Mina. It's not an illusion. I'm really here.' I used our bond to talk to her.

"It's not true. It's not true." She kept on whispering and for the first time, I felt her emotion towards our mate bound. Fear, Panic, Desperation. Those were the emotions which were dominating her among the others.

'You said no one can read or invade your mind. Just your soulmate could do it. It's me, Yoongi. You gave me the nickname Suga because I treated with kindness and care. You told me that when I picked you up and took you to eat ice cream.' She stopped whispering and lifted her head slowly as if she was afraid it was a trap. I smiled when our eyes met and more tears started falling down her cheeks. I didn't understand why she was just looking at me instead of trying to approach the cage's bars.

"How could you let them do this to her?" I suddenly heard Ara yell and I looked at her to understand the reason for her anger. 

"She saved your life." Namjoon accused Malquior who was sitting next to the Ancestors.

"It was the decision of the ancestors." He said and for the first time, I felt hatred towards the man who taught me everything about the supernatural world.

"You're breaking your own rules," I said in a monotone tone.

"We are following the rules which were created to keep the peace between the two worlds and this human is putting it in danger." The leader of the underworld made a move with his hand and a cloud appeared. The cloud showed Mina using magic spell and reading a book.

"No human is capable of using magic except her. Her blood shows that she's a banal human, but her actions don't. We don't know what she is and we must do something. Maybe the hunters managed to discover what makes us so special and are testing her. Just look at her. She has wings." Aquarina said and pointed at her.

"She's my soulmate," I revealed and the others couldn't hide their shock.

"Lying to us won't help her. We are going to make tests on her to discover what she is exactly."

“Why would he lie about that?” Namjoon asked, angry.

"He isn't lying." Enchantia constated. "Let go of Yoongi and release the girl." She ordered and they let go of me immediately.

"You can't do that. She's a danger for us and she knows more than she seems to." Joseph refused.

"He's right, Enchantia." The fairy stood up, ignoring the other members, and approached Joseph who was near the cage.

"I didn't ask your opinion. I gave you an order and you'll obey me. Don't forget who you're talking to." She looked then at the other members. "We created those laws together to prevent wars. How can we control the supernatural world when we don't respect them ourselves? I was chosen to be part of the Ancestor because I'm a living lie detector. I have never been wrong. Yoongi is saying the truth and it is forbidden by law to aggress someone's soul mate." She looked again at Joseph. "Release the girl. NOW!" We could see in his eyes that he didn't agree with her, but he was smart enough not to challenge an Ancestor. He ope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter