You're using my words against me.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At most ten centimeters!

 

That was the distance between me and Yoongi. For being smaller, I could only see his chin, but I didn’t have to look at his face to know what it was him because the shiver, that ran down my spine, confirmed it. I tried to keep my eyes fixed on his chin, but as always the desire to lose myself in his eyes was bigger than the desire to avoid him so I raised my head.

"Sorry!" I managed to say before getting lost in his dark eyes. He was so surprised that his mouth was a little open, his brow furrowed and  his eyes slightly widened that were looking at me as if I were a ghost. This only took a few seconds because he soon recovered himself and held out his hand.

"Kwon Dohyun and you are?" There was something in his tone that disconcerts me, but I couldn’t find the right word to describe it.

"Park Mina!" I squeezed his hand and with his touch thousands of electric currents spilled over my body and my hairs bristled more than they already were.

"Is it just me or he is more handsome than before?" Her tone showed that she was happy to see him, too.

“I don’t know how to answer.”

"Mina!" I heard Jungkook call me.

"Excuse me!" I asked and he didn’t move. He still kept the same curious and at the same time suspicious look on me, but I could barely take my gaze from his face. He reacted as I took a small step forward narrowing the distance between us and stepped out of my way for me to pass. Slowly and against my will, I forced my legs to move and I passed by him, but he suddenly held my hand. Because of the tension between us it was difficult for me to act normally and his touch clouded my brain so much that I couldn’t think correctly.

"You ... I ... Have we met before?" He fumbled with the words and I smiled trying to soften the situation and hide my nervousness.

"I don’t know." He dropped my hand, satisfied with my answer and I descended the stairs with my heart pounding against my chest.

"What do you want, Jinsun?" I asked as I entered the room.

"Vicky told me that you don’t like lasagna. Is that true?" He asked serious and I laughed at his seriousness over a completely stupid subject.

"It is true!"

“Are you crazy? Who does not like lasagna? "He started dramatizing.

"Why is he doing this drama?"

"He takes food very seriously." I replied as I laughed mentally.

"Not everyone has to like the same as you." Yoongi's hoarse voice echoed behind me, but I did not turn around.

“Yoongi, we're talking about lasagna!” Everyone tensed when Jungkook called Yoongi by his real name and not by Dohyun.

"Is Yoongi your birth name just as Arabella is Dara’s?" I asked.

I only did it because I know that although he doesn’t remember me, he still feels attracted to me and his gaze on me proves it. As he doesn’t know about the lie that Ara invented, he would invent another and I would be forced to pretend to be confused like any other human because of the two different versions and to leave by distrust.

“Jinsun has always preferred Yoongi than Dohyun.” he explained and I nodded.

"Can I call you Yoongi too?" I smiled when he nodded because calling him by his real name would lessen even if it was just bit the feeling that I’m a stranger to him. "So you must be Dara's brother?"

“Yes. Older brother!”

Out of nowhere Vicky appeared beside us and pulled the edge of Yoongi's shirt to get his attention. Yoongi looked down in confusion and smiled sweetly as Vicky stared at him with curious eyes.

"Are you also Alice's uncle?"

"Yes, and who are you?" He took her in his lap and smiled.

Apparently she liked him! Seeing him with her in his arms reminded me of something I didn’t let appear in my mind with all my might.

"I'm Mina's younger sister!"

"You're very cute just like your sister!" We both blushed at the compliment and I hid my cheeks behind my hair as she hid hers in his chest.

“Good. What do you guys want for dinner?" Bruno asked me and Vicky since we were the guests.

“Sis, you said that you would make chocolate mousse.”

"Who told you that was Yerin. Besides, I don’t like chocolate mousse!" I reminded her, and then two hands were on my shoulders.

"What the hell kind of girl are you?" Jimin looked shocked because chocolate mousse is his favorite dessert.

"What’s wrong with that?"

"Next you’re going to say that you don’t like Nutella!" I did not answer, and now everyone was staring at me like I was crazy.

"Can you stop looking at me like I've just said the biggest stupid thing in the world and talk about something other than my gastronomic tastes?" I asked.

"Me and Vicky are going to my room to play." The two children left the room and we only stayed.

“Come and sit here! I want to know the new member of the family!" Hoseok moved away from Ara a little for me to sit between them, but I shook my head. I sat on the floor so that I could look everyone in the eye and suppressed a sigh as Yoongi sat down beside me.

"First of all, new member?" His voice showed his fake confusion because he must have read everyone's minds to know the details.
 

"She helped Alice when she disappeared." Hoseok explained. "Let's start from the beginning. Where are you from?”
 

“Incheon.”
 

"I don’t really like Incheon. Too rainy." Ara commented.
 

"And Seoul is what?" Jimin asked sarcastic.
 

“Shut up!”
 

“What about your parents? Do you have siblings?"
 

"My mother is dead. My father got married again and he’s on a honeymoon just like my older sister who also got married.”
 

"Then you're alone with Vitoria." Namjoon concluded.
 

"Yes and no, Mr. Kim! We have a maid who stays with us until seven and then it's just the two of us.”
 

"Only Bogum, please!"
 

"But it's weird to call my teacher by the name." I said.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter