There’s no reason to hide anymore.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Don’t want to go through this ever again. It was as if my soul has been locked up in the deepest corner of my mind.’

‘You’re not the only one who is feeling like that.’ Rose’s voice was very weak, a sign that she hadn’t fully recovered her strength.

‘Have you also be put asleep?’

‘Yes, and I hope it doesn’t happen again.’ She said, clearly warning Solux who was the responsible for all of this.

‘I had to do it. It was too dangerous to have all awaken.' Solux apologised.

I didn't reply because I was feeling uncomfortable with all the eyes on me, burning my skin through my eyes were closed. 

"Stop looking at me," I whispered and was surprised that my voice sounded as weak as Rose's, who was still dizzy in my head. Either I was too weak to lift my eyelids or I was too lazy to do so, thus I tried to use my other senses to know more about the situation around me and I could just feel someone next to me. I was still considering if I should face them after Solux's transformation or simply wait until they had to take me home.

"Are you Solux or Mina?" I forced my eyelids to lift as I heard the name of the mysterious creature inside me be pronounced by Ara.

'What have you done, Solux?' I asked serious but didn't get an answer.

"There's no need to do that face, Mina. She simply explained to us what was happening to you." Namjoon explained calmly and I sighed, relieved.

"I want to go home." It was so obvious that Solux had told them something she shouldn't have their facial expression. Neither I didn't  have the energy nor I was in the mood to answer their questions because I needed my brain to fully operate in order to answer properly and without giving too much information.

"If you want so." Yoongi walked towards me and lifted my body easily, like always. I put an arm around his neck and rested my face on his chest, not caring if it was appropriate or not.

"Rest well," Hoseok said and kissed my forehead in a fatherly gesture as he had always done before. I reminded me that I always saw him as the father of the group because he would incorporate one when any of us would need.

"See you tomorrow at school." Jungkook and Jimin smiled widely.

"We have to plan our next girls' day." Ara hugged me sideways.

"Take care." Namjoon ruffled my hair. If I were the one doing it to him, he would be complaining.

I looked at each of them, including Yoongi who was smiling slightly, confused with their change of behaviour, but ended up not caring much about it and smiled to the most important people of my life.

Yoongi took me the garage and put me on the ground without letting go of me to open the door of his Range Over. With his help, I went in and he closed the door. I watched carefully him walking around the car to sit in the driver's seat and tried to figure out the reason for his smile. My grey eyes crossed path with his dark one and I looked away because of the intensity of his gaze.

I held my breath when he came closer, being just a few centimetres away from me and watched as he put my security belt. However, he didn't pull away in the end. It seemed that he was analyzing my face meticulously and I lifted my gaze slowly. Determination and willpower were the feelings his eyes were transmitting and I looked at his lips which were adorned with a huge smile.

"Go away so that I can breathe." I wanted to shout those words to him.

As if he had heard my plea, he pulled away and started the engine. I finally let go of the breath I had been holding. I touched my heart which was beating fast and I swear I could still feel his breath against my cheek.

"," I whispered and heard him chuckle. I looked at him seriously and he did that same but smiling. A smile showing off that he knew the effect had on me.

"Eyes on the road. I'm still a mortal being." He laughed but did what I said. We were silent the whole way despite Yoongi's urge to ask me something which was visible in his eyes and I ignored, wanting to talk to Solux.

'What have you done?' I asked again.

'Nothing that wasn't for your own good.' She answered vaguely and I frowned.

"Are you talking to her?" I looked at him. "To Solux?"

"Yes," I whispered.

"Has she always been there?" he asked carefully and I remained in silence.

'Answer, Mina. They already know that she's within you. There's no reason to hide anymore.' Rose encouraged me.

"She showed up after the incident in that room."

"The other soul too?" I denied with my head and bit my lips as the car stopped. I lifted my head when I felt his hand my hair and Yoongi smiled sweetly at me.

"You're not alone anymore." I felt tears filling up my eyes because he had said it once, but the loneliness was again a part of my life. "We are with you now though we don't remember you." That was the cruel reality I didn't want to accept. He hugged me and I hugged him back tightly, wanting to believe his words. "We are here for you" He whispered near my ear and a solitary tear escaped. He pulled away and smiled while wiping the tear away.

"You should go in. Your father is about to have a heart attack." I nodded.

I got out and took a few steps before turning away. A smile was still on his lips and he waved his hand. I smiled slightly back and waved back, but he became serious suddenly. I turned away and was blinded by a dust someone was blowing to my face. I out as soon as the dust penetrated my nostrils.

***

I was keeping my eyes closed because I had the feeling something bad would happen if I opened them. I didn't know how to explain it, but I developed a sort of seventh sense that would tell me if there was a danger. Either that or it was just me who couldn't feel safe anywhere anymore. I had faced too many dangers to believe that there was somewhere safe in this world.

However, I couldn't keep them closed forever because the danger would always be present in my life and the only solution was to face it.

My eyelids got up slowly, giving my brain time to prepare itself for what was about to happen. I was in what seemed to be a warehouse and for some reason, I was ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter