We are so in trouble.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘It’s becoming harder for you to stay away from them. We can feel it.’ Rose said and I bit on the sandwich I hadn’t eaten on lunch break while writing a message to Jaebeom.

I’ll call you to talk about vampires and I need you to play along with me so that the others don’t suspect that I know things about you.

I decided to warn him beforehand because he wasn’t the best to play along if you didn’t tell him and I couldn’t risk any mistake from him. I dialed his number and he picked up quickly.

-Why do you want to talk about them with me?-

-Hello. I’m fine. Thank you for asking.- I couldn’t stop myself from answering sarcastically. It was one of my features which could take easily control over me. When I got out of school, my eyes crossed with Jimin’s who was with Jungkook.

‘I can feel your sadness, Mina. Can you please withhold that feeling? I don’t like it.’ Solux complained.

‘I’m sorry, Solux. It is too big for me contain it.’ I really wanted to contain it. I knew how it was like to feel others’ feeling and it could be quite depressing.

‘Ignore her, Mina. It’s good that at least we can feel it, so we can try to comfort you as good as we can.’ Rose comforted me and I could feel that she was about to attack solux for her comment.  ‘Could you stop being so cold? She has just us to talk about her feelings.’

‘I have no problem with trying to help her, but it is starting to affect me. Why don’t you just disobey Jaebeom and go to them? He isn’t your father to order you around.’ Solux said as if it was the easiest thing to do.

-Apparently sarcasm and cynicism is a family thing.- He said more to himself than to me. -Answer my question now.-

-I have to do a presentation about them for my literature class and I have to give my sources. The problem is that the information I have isn’t in any website or in any book.-

-It depends of how much you know.- I heard the sound of a door being closed and I assumed that he was leaving the house to come for me.

-Almost everything I think. I spend a lot of time with them and I needed to know things to survive. In addition, I have a classmate who seems to know everything about them.- I explained and I felt suddenly more eyes on me than normally. I looked from the corner of my eyes to my left and I held back a curse when I saw the six of them looking ame

‘Their gazes are making me uncomfortable.’ Solux complained once again.

‘We have to endure it.’

-Maybe you can say that you got all the information from your favorite brother-in-law.- He tired to be funny and I rolled my eyes.

-You’re my only brother-in-law, Jaebeom and I can guarantee you that even if I had another one, you wouldn’t be my favorite.-

-You’re so harsh with your words.- He said in a winsome way and I just wanted to punch him.

‘I love it when she sounds like me.’ Solux said joyfully as if my behavior had made her proud.

‘I know what you mean. When she acts like an ice queen and doesn’t care about others’ feelings. You’re right. When she’s like that, she sounds absolutely like you.’ Rose attacked her once again.

‘Spoiled brat.’

‘Thank you for the compliment.’ Rose thanked her to provoke her more and I wanted to smile, but I needed to remain serious.

‘Could you please argue later? I’m trying to have a conversation and your whining is deconcentrating me.’ I scolded them and I answered Jaebeom.

-Then, stop talking like that and focus.-

-What do you want me to tell you? I thought you have a book about that.-

-No one should know about that book. I don’t even know how you know about it, but that’s not the point now.- I felt a shiver run down my spine and I turned around to face Yoongi.

-Then tell your teacher that you have all the information from me. She can’t say that a hearing source isn’t a source.- I tried to run away, but Hoseok grabbed my arm.

-I’ll talk to you later.-

-I’ll be there in a few minutes.- I hung on and Hoseok let go of me.

“Hello, Mina. How are you?” He smiled softly at me and I lowered my head.

“Fine.” I whispered.

‘You can do it, Mina.’ Solux said to encourage me, but also to show Rose that she cared about me.

‘You just have to act as if you were afraid of them.’

‘How do you want me to feel afraid of the people with whom I feel the safest.’ I asked, knowing that Rose was asking the impossible.

‘Then think of something you’re really afraid of. They’ll think that you’re afraid of them since there’s nothing around which could possibly scare you.’ Solux suggested and Rose agreed with the idea.

I closed my eyes and I thought of my deepest fear. As soon as a memory popped up in my mind, my body started to show signs of fear and I opened my eyes afraid.

“You don’t need to be afraid, Mina.” Yoongi talked softly in order to calm me down, but my heartbeat wouldn’t calm down.

“Please, let me go.” I asked and I grabbed the heart-shaped pendant looking for calm.

“We just want to talk to you.” Hoseok tried to touch me, but I stepped back and I ended up bumping into Namjoon.

“Don’t hurt me.” I said with teary eyes and I saw hurt in their eyes. I just wanted to go home and lock myself in my room for having hurt them with my words. I wanted to say that I wasn’t afraid of them, but I had to keep acting.

“What are you doing to her?” I sighed when Jaebeom showed up and I hid behind him.

“We just want to talk with her about what happened that night.” Ara answered quietly.

“It’s obvious that she don't want to talk with you. I’ve already talked with her.” They looked surprised at him. “She knows now that you only mean trouble and that she has to stay away from you so as not to get hurt again. If you really care about her, then you’ll forget about her.” I wanted to punch him so much for trying to them away from me.

‘Stay strong, Mina. You just need to endure a few more days.’ Jaebeom grabbed my hand and I followed him. I looked back at them and I could stop myself from waving goodbye at them in order to relieve their sadness.

‘I’m sorry.’ I whispered in my mind before getting in the car.

(...)

“Hello. Today I’ll talk to you about vampires, also known as blooddrinker.” Jimin made a sound with his tongue to show his discontent with that nickname. “People think that vampires will be carbonized if they are exposed to sunlight. Some say that to kill this immortal being you n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter