That’s what happens when you mess up with vampires.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had a bad feeling. I hated when I had them because something bad would always happen. The last time I had had one, I had just finished arguing with Yoongi and the next morning I had awoken in that hell.

I left the bath where I was hiding from them. It had already rang for classes, but there was no way I would confront Jungkook due to the circumstances. I didn’t know why they hadn’t come after me what was unusual from them because they never left a potential danger go away, but I would try to keep it that way. I had to prepare myself for the argument, because it was obvious that they would, if they spare me, keep their distance and avoid me. I was about to open the entrance door, but I felt extremely anxious suddenly and looked through the small window on the door. Yoongi, Ara, Jungkook and Namjoon were In front of the stairs, blocking them so that the group of men didn’t come in.

“I want the girl.” The leader demanded. His voice was familiar and that familiarity gave me chills, a clear evidence that he had done something bad to me possibly. But then I couldn’t really rely on that hypothesis because a lot of people didn’t like me. I watched curious Ara, who was behind Yoongi, turning a little her head to the left and I met one of her eyes which was purple. She completely turned around, surprised, and opened wide her eyes. The others followed her gaze and they had the same reaction which was a clear sign that I shouldn’t be there. Both ordered me to run away through their gaze, but my curiosity was controlling my body and it didn’t want to go away from the curious scene. The others men followed their gazes and their eyes became more redder than before. I cringed and stepped a little back because of their mischievous smiles.

“MINA! RUN!” Those familiar words made my body wake up, but it was too late. After one wink, I was already someone’s shoulder and before everything became blurring, I saw Yoongi trying to reach me despite of the men in black attacking him.

I closed my eyes and didn’t even try to struggle to get free. I didn’t know who was carrying me and where he was taking me too. The throbbing of my heart was becoming more painful as the fear was growing inside me. Being kidnapped by vampires could never mean something good except in Yoongi’s case and I just couldn’t stop myself from acting like a human who had been exposed to the supernatural world for the first time. There were just too many mixed feelings for me to be able to control them. The man stopped running suddenly and threw me to the ground carelessly. Unfortunately it was still dark and I could just see trees. I looked at men’s faces and forced my eyes to overcome the darkness.

“W-Who are you?” I stuttered because of the fear.

‘How is it possible that you’re terrified of  these vampires but not from the others?’ Solux asked confused.

‘You can’t be afraid of your saviors.’ I answered.

“Have you also lost your memory, Mina?” The leader said my name with an Italian accent and I recognised him immediately. Damiano was smiling mischievously like the other vampires and I cringed. “Apparently Seunghwa was right. You and the others really don’t remember anything from the past.”

“What are you talking about?” My body was trembling a lot and I began crawling backwards as he stepped forwards. My body was telling me to run away, but my brain knew that it was useless to try to run away. I wanted to be able to merge with the tree which was preventing me from keeping a safe distance from the living danger in front of me. He crouched down and his face was just a few inches apart.

“I told you that someday they wouldn’t be there to protect you and that you would pay for destroying my business. That’s what happens when you mess up with vampires.” He leaned my head with his hand and I couldn’t be more afraid because I knew the meaning of that gesture and I couldn’t do anything to stop it. I didn’t know where I was and tears of fear started falling. Unfortunately I knew what he was talking about and that nothing would stop him from getting his revenge.

“No need to cry, bambina. I’ll be quick.” His fangs had pierced the skin along with the issue which isolated my blood before I could do anything. I shouted out of pain and tried to push him away, but he didn’t move an inch. I wasn’t used to the pain of the bite. Yoongi had always prepared me for the bite with sweet words and loving gestures before biting me and drink my blood. Damiana was being brutal and he had no intent to stop. Due to the blood lost, my sight was becoming blurry and my strength was vanishing. 

He parted abruptly from me and I fell to the ground because my brain wasn’t able to react fast. My senses had been affected and I knew I would faint eventually. Despite my blurry vision, I could still hear the noises of a fight around me. Growl and bones broken were the only thing I had heard before a strange silence. I felt someone approaching and tried to move, but it was useless. How could I move 59 kg when I couldn’t even keep my eyes open properly? I felt my body being moved and my head had been rested against a familiar chest.

“Is she going to die?” A feminine voice asked and it seemed that woman was about to cry. “Her heart is beating so slowly.” 

“I can’t lose her again.” A distan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter