But we can't help it.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I took out one of my headphones when I felt on my shoulders and turned around.

“Hello, Mina.”

“Hi, Mark. Do you want something?” I asked because we hadn’t talked for some time.

“Do I need to want something to talk to you?” He asked and he was slightly hurt.

“I’m sorry, Mark.” I smiled slightly. “Some things have happened and now I’m suspicious of everybody,” I explained without giving up too many details.

“I know. I heard about your panic attack in the classroom.” I looked away and suddenly the shoes became quite interesting. “You can look me in the eyes, Mina. I didn’t come here to judge you or something like that. I come to you because I want to tell you something.” I looked at him, only because of the sincerity in his voice. “I have never met someone with psychological problems and I really don’t know how to help you, but I want to try. I don’t know what you have gone through in your life and I don’t to. It’s none of my business. I feel that I connected with you when we first met despite the circumstances. I can not talk to you for days or weeks, but when we are together, it is as if we have known each other for years. We don’t talk much in school, but I really care about you. I just need you to tell what I have to do.” I smiled widely and hugged him tightly.

“You don’t need to do anything. It is enough me that you are willing to be by my side.”

“If you want, I can walk with you to school.” He offered, but I refused with a smile.

“Thank you, but I’m waiting for someone.”

“Okay then. See you in school.” He walked away.

“It’s good to know that there is someone else in your school besides Jungkook and Jimin who wants to protect you.” Yoongi showed up next to me and I let out a loud yell out.

“I’ve already told you not to show up like that.” I punched his arm.

“That hurt.” He complained. “And you’ve never told me that.” I didn’t have to see myself in the mirror to know that my eyes had lost a bit of their glow and I nodded.

“You’re right,”  I said, feeling my good mood fading away.

“Now that you have told me, I won’t do it again.” He said, trying to change the subject.

“Both know that you’ll be doing it anytime soon.”

“Let’s not argue about my pleasure of scaring you.” He frowned confused about his own words. “Let’s get going. I don’t want you to get late on your last week of classes before winter break.” He started walking and I followed him.

“As if I wanted to go there. I should have stayed at home.” I mumbled with my eyes on the ground, thus I didn’t notice that he had stopped walking and bumped into his back.

“You know that I can hear you, right?” He turned around and lifted my chin to make me look him in the eyes. “No one can ever do anything to you. You just need to ignore everybody and Jungkook will be by your side. I don’t know why, but I feel that one of your memories was the reason for your attack. I would like that you shared it with me, but the hurt in your eyes stops me from doing it.” His thin lips formed a small smile. “You are strong and I know that you can endure a few more days.” I nodded and he started walking again. His words were comforting, but it had always been his actions that had more impact on me. By pure necessity to get strength for somewhere, I intertwined our pinky fingers. My hold was very weak and any abrupt move would separate them. I felt disappeared when he took his fingers away but smiled when he held my hand tightly and intertwined our fingers. 

'It doesn't matter if you don't remember our story. At least you care for me and that's enough for me now.' I didn't bother to hide that thought from him and the strengthening of his grip made it clear to me that he had heard me.

“Something inside me says that I should protect you at all costs. My brain might have forgotten you, but not my heart.” He stopped walking and hugged me.

“I know. You are trying hard to ease my pain and I thank you for that.”

“I don’t know if it’s working or not, but I’ll be by your side when you feel that you’re alone in the world to show you that there are people who care for you.” For the first time ever since we had met again, I let the walls around my mind down. He couldn’t have access to my memories, but he would be able to feel the storm that was going on in my mind. 

“What you have said to your father…” I lifted my head and our eyes met. “You weren’t lying when you said that we were your family, right?” I nodded and hid my face in his chest. “Why?”

“You’ve never abandoned me. Not even when it was my existence that put you in danger. Instead of making fun of me, you got excited when I talked about the fairies I had seen when I was younger. You knew that they were important to me and showed true interest in my bubbling.” I whispered and held me closer to him. “You didn’t let me go even if you didn’t remem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter