Don't touch me!

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I finished eating and took my pills even against my will. I could actually throw them away and tell my father that I had taken them, but I felt as if I was betraying my father. I walked calmly to my house and I frowned when I saw them waiting for me at the door. I lowered slightly my head as I approached them.

"Why are you here outside?"

"We were waiting for you." Hanna answered. "Now we can go to the airport." Hanna took Vicky's hand who immediately dropped it to take mine. She showed me a radiant smile which I returned with a smaller one.

"Airport?" I whispered confused. I repeated her words in my head in order to discover if I had missed something she had said. One of the effects of those pills was that I forget to process some words. It didn't happen often because the other effects were more strong.

"I didn't know if it would take long to get you out of the clinic because I didn't know how your treatment was going. So I decided I'd buy the ticket when the house was completely empty. I've already told Annick that we'll travel today and she's getting her flat ready to receive us for a few days." My father explained and went to the taxi which was waiting for us.

"Daddy, where's your car?" Vicky asked curious.

"I sold it to have enough money to buy you lots of candies!" He replied affectionately, which made Vicky jump in happiness. When we arrived at the airport, my father and Hanna went to buy our tickets while Vicky and I sat waiting.

"Look, Mina! That boy has sharp teeth!" Vicky said pointing to a boy with fangs. The woman who was with him told the boy discreetly to close his mouth at Vicky's comment. I assumed by the woman's reaction that the boy must be hybrid or have been bitten for not to die.

"Don't point out, Vicky." I scolded her. "I know what you are!" That sentence slipped out of my mouth in a whisper and they stared at me with wide eyes. I made as if I had never said that.

'Am I really dumb or act like one?' I scolded my self mentally.

The first rule when you realize that a vampire is around is to ignore and walk as if a creature capable of committing a massacre isn't around. It was the first thing Yoongi had said to me when I had discovered and accepted that I had been living with vampire for months. After discovering their secret, it became easier to know if there was a supernatural creature around or not. It was as if my sixth sense had awakened in me.

"Sorry." Vicky lowered her head. I sighed and I took her hand.

"Take whatever you want." I said when we entered a candy shop. She hurried out to get a bag for the candy and I did the same. We picked so many sweets that the bags were almost full. When my father and Hanna saw us with that bunch of candy, they laughed, but we didn't care. We were more interested in our sweets than the rest. We didn't even care when the airline hostess looked at us strangely as we got on the plane or when we felt the children's eyes drooling at the sight of our sweets. I didn't know about the others, but I slept the whole trip which didn't surprise me. Somnolence is a common effect of the pills and I think that my brain wanted that too. In my dreams I could relive the memories which I made sure to keep deep in my mind.

I wanted them deep inside protected by a wall so strong and indestructible so that only I could access them.  Even though I knew that no one could penetrate my mind. They were the most precious treasure I had since the other objects had disappeared along with them.

'It's time to be independent and not to need them like we used to!' The sentence, which my subconscious made appear in my mind, didn't please me because in other words it wanted me to forget them. I could become independent, but never forget them. I didn't care if I had to get used to just having them around only in my memories.

That was enough for me.

My father had woken me up in the plane, but my mind had only became aware of the surroundings when we were in a táxi in our way to Annick's apartment.

I wondered how she was. In my head she still looked like a eighteen-years-old girl. On her eighteenth birthday, she had given up a wonderful party to spend it with me in the hospital and I could say that it was one of the best days I had spent in that hell.

It was in those moments that I needed him by my side to face my new reality.

I sighed heavily before opening the cab door and looking at the huge building in front of me. For Annick to live in such a modern building, she must have taken a good course. We headed to the elevator and Hanna pressed the bottom that would take us to the fifth floor. At Vicky's insistence, my or better saying our father put her in his lap so that she could ring the bell. Seconds later it was opened by a woman in training suit that I recognized by the flashy blue eyes to be Annick. I was surrounded by two arms that pulled me into an extremely tight hug.

"I missed you so much, little sister!" I heard Annick's melodious voice say and I suddenly felt something soaking my coat.

"Are you crying, Annie?" I asked without undoing the hug.

"Of course, I am. I haven't seen you for years and you expected what of me?" She mumbled and  laughed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter