But he doesn’t do it on purpose.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked confused at Yoongi like the others except for Malquior who was thinking about the question.

“As far as I know it just happens with fairies’ mates.” He answered with a frown. “Why are you asking?”

“I think that Mina was reading our minds.” He answered and I opened my eyes wide, shaking my head.

“I don’t want more voices in my head.” I hid my face in his chest, hoping that that possibility couldn’t become true.

‘Mina, I think one of yours got activated.’ Solux said, seeming a bit calmer.

“Do I have powers?” I thought out loud.

“We don’t know it yet.” Everyone except Malquior must know that I was talking to Solux, thus didn’t say anything.

'I don’t know how to explain, but I think that you are human.’ It just made me more confused.

‘Of course, she isn’t human. Do I have to remind you that she has wings because of you.’ Rose said, sarcastic.

‘Even if I were here, she would still have powers. That wish that you made to that genie has been annulated ever since you woke up in that hospital room. It’s you who is blocking them. There’s something about that makes you like me and your friend, however, if a doctor examines you, there won’t be an anomaly. You have all the human characteristics.’ She explained and I pulled away from Yoongi’s chest to look him in the eyes.

“Solux says that I’m not human.” I shared the new information.

“Then what are you?” Jungkook asked, curious as always.

‘What am I?’

‘That’s the problem. I know all the supernatural creatures that exist, but your characteristics don’t match with any.’

“She doesn’t know.”

‘Mina.’ I looked at Jimin. ‘Can you hear me?’ I nodded, wanting that the answer was negative.

“She heard my thought,” Jimin confirmed. Suddenly everyone’s thought started to penetrate my head so that the confusion, which was already my mind, became worse.

“Make them stop, Suga.” I called Yoongi by his nickname while covering my ears in a failed attempt to make their thoughts not enter my head. I started crying because I couldn’t manage more voices in my head, at least not right now when I needed to have a clear mind. He lifted me and he started moving. I heard a door being closed and soon I was being laid on something soft.

“Mina, look at me.”

“Make them stop. Please.” I begged.

“You have to look at me so that I can help you.” Desperate I opened my eyes and stared at his dark ones. “Now concentrate. You have to build up a wall so that the thoughts don’t get in your head. Think just about me.” Even though he just found out a few minutes ago that we were soulmates, he was already using our bond to calm me down.

His voice shut down the others’ thoughts and every cell of my body was waiting for an order. Ever since we had first met, his husky voice always had an effect on me, making want to blindly obey him. It was when we had officialized our relation that I had understood why I had wanted to please him so bad. I had needed and still need his approval. I could only see his dark eyes. Everything around me was gone. His eyes seemed to be smiling at me and finally, a fraction of my pain vanished, giving a bit of relief. For some seconds, his inner vampire took control over Yoongi and I managed to see in his eyes the unconditional love that soulmates feel for each other.

“Yoongi.” I whispered and he smiled. A genuine smile that was dedicated to me. I put my arms around his shoulders and hugged him tightly. I needed to feel that he was real. To feel his cold skin against mine. To feel my heart beat against his chest. I inhale his fragrance to calm my restless heart. “I’m sorry.”

“We’ll talk about it later.” He whispered while comforting me by my hair. “Did you manage to shut their thoughts down?” I nodded.

“Thank you.”

“There’s no better feeling than to be in your mate’s arms.” Taehyung’s words couldn’t be more truthful.

“It’s getting late and you have to go to school. Can we talk about us later?” Yoongi asked softly, obviously not wanting to pressure me and I nodded. He had the right to know the truth. In spite of the memories that would certainly cause pain, I would answer almost all of his question. I pulled away from him and stood up. Yoongi also stood up and went to his desk. He opened a drawer and took out of it a small box. He walked towards me and opened it. There was a simple silver necklace.

“It’s quite simple, but it helped me when I was a newborn vampire.” He grabbed it. “He stopped me from reading others’ mind until I could control my power.” I felt the cold metal against my skin. “I don’t know if you can read the mind or it was just a thing of the moment, thus better safe than sorry.” He smiled.

“Thank you.” I touched my new necklace and smiled to myself.

“Can I see your other necklaces?” Yoongi asked curiously. “You grab them everytime you’re nervous. You’re doing it even now.”

“I do because it calms me and makes me feel safe,” I explained in a low tone.

‘Should I show it to him?’ I asked Rose. He had reacted actually good to the revelation that we were soulmates, but to show the necklaces that had been in his family for generations was a totally different thing. The fact that I had it showed how strong our bond had been to the point that it would hurt to be far away from each other without any contact. He would understand that my pain was much deepe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter