Indeed, she does.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “I’ll grab you something to eat while you’re taking your shower.” I nodded. Yoongi kissed my forehead before leaving the bathroom.

I locked the door and got rid of my clothes. I traced the black mark that looked like a belt in my waist. The new one, that Jackson mentioned to them, was on my left thigh and I felt like crying.

‘Why is it so difficult to keep some things in the shadow? Yoongi doesn’t need to know about her. It will only bring him pain.’ I was trying my best to hold back my sadness in order not to worry him, but tears started rolling down. I got in the shower and closed my eyes, turning the water on. My legs got weak for a moment and a memory popped in my mind.

People were running, eyes filled with panic and fear, while I stood still in the middle of the mall parking. I looked at the arrow which was piercing through my right arm, tainting my sweater with blood. I lifted my head and stared coldly at the teenager with an arrow pointing to my head. I didn’t look away in order not to show fear and to challenge her. She smiled, taking my challenge. A child bumped into her, taking her eyes off me and I used that opportunity to run away. I grabbed my phone and dialled Yoongi’s number.

“I’m almost there.”

“Yoongi.” My voice was giving my fear away.

“Mina. What’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

“Yoongi… Huntress …. Arrow.” My sobs weren’t allowing me to speak properly. 

“I can’t understand what you’re saying.”

“Huntress in the mall. Arrow in my arm.” I made the situation clear enough for him. I heard him growling.

“Find a place to hide immediately. I’ll be there as quick as possible.” He ordered. Instead of answering, I let a cry out and fell to the ground. I looked back at the arrow, piercing my leg. The huntress seemed tired but had a victorious smile on her lips. I could feel that Yoongi was close, so I decided to buy some time.

“Who are you and why are you attacking me?” I asked, trying to hold back my tears.

“I’m the daughter of one of the hunters you and your friends killed.” Her voice held such grudge and pain.

“It was them or us.”

“It should have been you. You killed twelve humans.” She pointed her last arrow in my directions and started walking towards me.

“I’m human too. They wanted to kill me.” I argued back. I tried to stand up to face her, but the pain in my leg was too much.

“That’s what made me want to avenge them. You killed twelve of your own species. You should be ashamed. You decided to side with the enemy.” The arrow was a few centimetres away from me. I closed my eyes, accepting my death and waited for it. Her presence disappeared suddenly and I opened my eyes. The huntress was lying on the ground unconscious a few meters away. I felt my body being lifted with extreme ease and my eyes crossed with Yoongi’s red eyes. I wanted to say something, but his gaze convinced me otherwise.

“Don’t talk. Spare your energy.” He seemed angry. Even if I wanted to, the loss of blood all my energy and I grew extremely tired. I put me delicately on the car seat and I yelled out of pain, feeling the arrow in my leg go deeper. Yoongi started the engine and was driving at an illegal speed. I squeezed my eyes tightly because of the pain. Yoongi put his hand on mine, squeezing it.

“Please, don’t sleep.” He begged.

“I’m sorry.”

I opened my eyes and grabbed the soap.

“Yoongi. You’ve always been such a crybaby.” I laughed slightly.

‘Why are you calling me that suddenly?’ He asked annoyed.

‘Because it’s the truth.’

‘Prove it.’ He challenged me. I didn’t know why, but my body decided to share with him one of the most heartbreaking memories of us with him.

A bright light blinded us. When we opened our eyes, we were outside.

“What’s …” I was surprised and confused. The others’ feet and hands were tied up to a cross made of wood.

“I see that you’re immune to my spells. It doesn’t matter. My job is done. Now ow it’s just a matter of time until those hunters find you and they’ll do the rest.” That wicked witch dared to smile before disappearing.

“I heard something coming from that direction.” I heard voices. I stood up and approached Yoongi to try to free him.

“Make your fangs disappear and change your eye colour to normal,” I ordered while trying to free him.

“We can’t. She put a spell on us.”

I grew more desperate when I heard steps getting closer and I wasn’t managing to free them. Tears of frustration and fear started falling down before I could control it.

“Go away,” Yoongi said, calmly.

“No, I’m almost done.” Both knew that it was a lie but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter