You owe me one, Tuan.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi.” He waved at her, shyly what I actually didn’t expect. Minnie didn’t answer. It was as if she was hypnotised.

“Jimin, answer.” I touched her arm to bring her back to reality.

“Concha.” She repeated, then a smile started forming slowly on her lips. “Concha!” She said, completely excited. “My name Jimin.” Jimin chuckled.

“My name is Jimin, too.”

“Why you in box with Ara?” She completely forgot what I said a few minutes ago.

“Because we are somewhere else. In order for Mina to see us, we need to be in the box.” He explained.

“I understand.” She laughed joyfully. “You handsome.”

“You’re gorgeous too.” She blushed madly.

“Mina, concha say me gorgeous.” She giggled happily.

“I heard it too.” I smiled, happy for them.

“Mina,” Jimin called me and I looked at him. “She isn’t hurt, right? You didn’t happen to meet because she was in danger, right?” He asked, worried.

“I swear on Yoongi’s life that she isn’t hurt. Her instincts guided her to our school and I took her home. She might be hungry and in need of a good night of sleep, but she is fine.”

“Me fine, concha,” Minnie assured him and he smiled.

“Jimin, I want to talk to her too,” Ara whined.

“As much as I love you, I won’t give you your phone back because -Why are you crying?” He asked worriedly. I hugged Minnie tightly, knowing what was going through her mind.

“It’s not what you’re thinking, Minnie.”

“Mina, what’s wrong with her?” He asked, desperate for an explication why his mate started crying suddenly.

“But… But…”

“You love the ocean, right?” She nodded. “And you love Jimin, right?” She nodded again. “Who do you love more?”

“Different love.” I expected that answer because we had had the same problem before.

“It’s the same for Jimin. Jimin loves Ara as a friend and he loves you as his concha.”

“True?” She wanted to hear it from his mouth.

“It’s the truth. I love Ara as my friend and you as my concha.” Jimin used that expression in spite of not knowing the meaning of it. Minnie wiped her tears away and smiled again.

“I believe. Where are you?”

“I’m helping a friend.” He answered. “I’ll be back tomorrow.”

“Jimin, Yoongi said that maybe you are coming back tomorrow. If you aren’t sure, then don’t say things like that to her.” He pouted, then nodded.

“I’m coming maybe tomorrow.”

“I understand friend need help. When end, you back.”

“I can’t wait to squeeze your cute cheeks. When I come back, I’ll sleep over at Mina’s house so that we can spend the whole night speaking about these dorks. It has to be at your house, Mina, because you know that those idiots won’t let us do anything. Yoongi will try at any cost to steal you from us and if Minnie sees Jimin, I’m sure she won’t pay any attention to us. Since you’ll all be busy with your mates, I’ll go to Hoseok oppa and whine because it was supposed to be a night between girls, but your mates messed up everything.”

“What dorks?” Minnie asked innocently.

“Nothing you should know,” Jimin answered before Ara who had open.

“Guys, it’s getting late and I want Minnie to have a good night of sleep,” I said after Minnie and I gasped tiredly.

“As much I would like to keep on talking to my mate, I know that you’re right. Minnie.” She looked at him as if his next words would save her life. “I want you to obey to Mina, okay?” She nodded. “While I’m not there with you, she will take care of you. That’s why when she hangs up, you’ll go to bed so that you can rest.”

“Bye bye.” Minnie waved at him and I noticed that she was forcing a smile. It was understandable that she didn’t want to lose Jimin out of her view.

“Bye, girls. Stay safe.” Ara ended the call.

Minnie and I stayed there, silent, thinking about our own mates and that was when I felt it. I stood up quickly and grabbed her hand. I dragged her to my room and locked the door. I sat on my bed and looked at my hands. Soon, I felt my tears on my hands.

“Why crying?” Minnie asked worried and rushed to my side.

‘It’s okay, Mina. You can cry. It is a friend who is by your side. A friend who won’t betray you.’ Solux assured me and I couldn’t hold it anymore. I hugged Minnie tightly and started crying out loud. It was as if someone up there felt that I was going to break soon and sent Minnie to console me.

“It’s just that your appearance is so overwhelming that I can’t control my feelings. I’m so happy that you’re finally by my side. I was so worried that something had happened to you in my absence. You might not remember but we were very good friends and we were each other’s confidants because we didn’t know much about their world. It was so hard not to have you by my side in this new life. I feel relieved that you are fine. There are so many people that want to hurt us that I was afraid that you could come across one of them without our protection. Yet I can’t help but also feel a bit of sadness because nothing will be like before. I knew that you wouldn’t remember me, but there was a tiny bit of hope in me.” I explained through my sobs.

“Sorry if me not remember.” I pulled away.

“It’s not your fault, Minnie. For some reason, it happened and no one can’t remember except me. I have to live with it, but it’s just so hard. I see you and I have in memory a Minnie that maybe it’s different from your actual you.” I wiped away my tears and smiled with still tearful eyes. “I just need to accept, but humans are not able to accept things easily. I just have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter