Maybe tomorrow.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Not again!” I thought out loud when I realised my situation.

 

Once again I was tied up to a chair, but this time I wasn’t alone. In front of me were Solux and Rose in the same situation as me and both had a cut on their forehead, exactly on the same place. As soon as I saw it, I felt something dry on my forehead.

“What happened to you?” I wasn’t expecting my voice to be hoarse and to sound tired.

“We are the ones who should be asking you that.” Rose’s voice was as hoarse as mine.

“Everything that happens to you will happen to us too.” Solux explained.

“The princesses woke finally up.” A deep voice said and we all got startled. We looked to the door and there was a shadow of a man in the darkest corner of the room. It was too dark for me to see his face.

“Who are you?” Rose asked, tired. Suddenly I began to feel her tiredness, too.

“It does matter who I am. However, you should know each other better if you want to stay alive.”

“What do you mean?” Solux asked as confused as us.

“Park Mina, born September 3 1997 in Incheon, is the youngest child of Zachary Whitmyre and Park Yoona. You have an older sister named Annick. You lived with your father and sister until you turned nine, then you got admitted in a psychiatric hospital. You lived there until you ran away with Min Yoongi and his clan.” He resumed my life in a few sentences without getting in details because my life was actually more complicated than that.

“You can know my life, but you don't know me.” I said looking straight in his eyes, but they were on Rose.

“Rose Heesters, born in November 17 1658 in Greenwich, is the only child of John and Martha Heesters. You studied in the best school of England in London since you came from a very rich family. You met the brothers Min at the age of 18. You died at birth of your daughter.” He summarised Rose’s life too.

“Solux. Date of birth is unknown. You caused a lot of damage in the world and you were therefore put in a deep sleep. You woke up when Mina was born, but you were too weak to use your powers.” I looked at Solux searching for an explanation in her face, but her gold eyes were staring the wall.

“You know our life and what? It's not like we don't know each other. Did you forget that we share the same body and that our minds are linked?” Solux asked ironically and I agreed with her just like Rose.

“You're right and that's why I am telling you all this. Rose’s and Solux’s lives depend on you, Mina. You know that some people are after you because of Rose, but you don't know why. Some time ago you didn't even know that Solux was inside of you and you don't even know what she or you are. How do you expect to live peacefully if none of you trust each other? You can't always depend on Yoongi and the others to defend you, Mina.” I knew he was just a product of my dream, but I couldn't help but agree with him in some points. I could feel that the others were thinking the same, but that's how we worked. Even if I knew everything about them, I knew that they would keep on having secrets just like I would.

I opened my eyes slowly and I realised that I was still on the ground. I stood up and I suddenly felt a headache. It was probably because of the impact with which I felt on the ground. I stood there for a few seconds in order to clarify the confused thoughts in my head. I looked out the window and saw one of the most beautiful scenes in the world. At least in my opinion. After showing its enigmatic beauty for hours to the world, the moon decided that it was time to let the sun have its show time and disappeared in the horizon. A smile popped up in my face because of the beautiful beginning of my day and went through the door which was still open in order to go to my house. I noticed the big bite in my arm when I grabbed the knob. As soon as my brain registered what I was seeing, it reminded my body that I was supposed to feel pain. Suddenly I had the the feeling that somebody was stabbing my arms with a knife several times. I closed the door with the other hand and walked quickly towards the house while covering the bite. I entered the house and went to the bathroom in the first floor because I knew that the first aid kit was there. I decided to take first because I had dirt everywhere. I had to bite my bottom lip in order to suppress the whimpers which wanted to come out of my mouth every time my bite would burn. When I finished, I dried my body and paid attention not to make too much pressure on the bite. It was when I looked in the mirror that I discovered the cut in my forehead. I understood immediately why Solux and Rose had had a cut on their foreheads.

I put on my school uniform and sat on the ground. I opened the first aid kit and grabbed everything I needed. I used a disinfectant spray to disinfect the bite before putting an antibiotic ointment and covered it with a ligature. I got out the bathroom and went to Annick’s room where Vicky was sleeping. I put on my school blazer to cover the ligature and sat on the bed.

“Wake up, Vicky.” I called her and shook her slightly.

“I don’t want to.” She whined, but stood up eventually. She went to the bathroom still sleepy and grabbed her toothbrush. Seeing that she was too sleepy to rush, I helped her getting dressed and we got out the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter