No need to answer.

Jar of secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think I should give you this back,” I said to Namjoon who looked surprised and relieved at the necklace with a butterfly-shaped pendant.

“I thought I had lost it.” He smiled. “Thank you for having taken care of it.” I nodded.

“The blue is your new black,” Ara said to her brother, smiling.

“I hope it doesn’t bother you, but instead of cooking I thought we could order all your favourite dishes,” Hoseok explained his idea. “Namjoon will need the oven for your cake and I don’t want you to have dinner too late.”

“It’s a good idea. We should do it.” I answered.

“Alright. Here.” He handed me a notebook and a pen. “Write all your favourite dishes.”

“Is it alright if I choose Chinese food too?” I asked, already knowing there would be no problem.

“Of course.” Jungkook smiled. I wrote the food we had used to eat together and gave it back to Hoseok who went to the kitchen to order the food.

“Mina, your phone is ringing,” Namjoon said.

“Let it be. It’s just the alarm to remind me that I have to take my pills. It will eventually stop.” I explained.

“Is it not bad if you don’t take your pills at time?”

“As long as I take them, it’s okay.” I felt Yoongi’s arm around my shoulder and I rested my head on his chest. While he played with my hair, I intertwined our fingers to feel safe.

‘I thought I had stopped having them. It has been a long time ever since I had such a type of breakdown. I’m sorry if I scared you.’ He kissed my head.

‘You don’t have to apologise.’

‘You said the same thing before our first kiss.’ I said, aware of what he was going to ask.

‘Could you tell me about it? I would like to know if it doesn’t bother you.’ He said, thinking about my welfare before his curiosity as he had been doing ever since he had found out about us.

‘I happened when Suran and I had an argument because of you.’

‘Do you know her?’ He interrupted me.

‘When we first met, you were still a couple. You can assume she wasn’t that happy when she found out I had feelings for her boyfriend. We were arguing when you arrived with the others. Since you’ve been together for years, she assumed you would take her side, but you defended me what drove her crazy. But what took her out of her mind was when you took her punch meant for me. She accused me and tried to hit me again, but the others stood up for me and she left, promising she would take her revenge. I was feeling guilty because you got hurt protecting me and I destroyed your relationship for a love I assumed one-sided, so I decided to leave. At that time you still could read my mind and you tried to stop me. Being my old self and unaware of your real nature, I couldn’t understand why you didn’t hate me, thus you kissed me. My first kiss.’ I ended the story about our first kiss.

‘I would have done it again.’ He hugged me tighter.

“Mina.” I looked down and Jungkook along with Jimin was sitting on the ground with shining eyes.

“If it’s okay for you, can you tell us more about our soulmates? You don’t need to tell who it is, but just a few of your memories about us together.” They were really hoping for my approval.

“Well, Jimin, your soulmate is quite shameless. Don’t get it wrong. She’s so innocent that she doesn’t know that some things she does she shouldn’t. For example, your first meeting was quite hilarious. Your surprised yell woke us up. We were camping and she sneaked into your tent. She didn’t know our language back then, so it was quite difficult to communicate with her at the beginning.”

“What language did she speak?” He asked curiously.

“She’s a mermaid, so she speaks the language of the sea. To understand her was quite troublesome. We need to know Latin and we had to reverse the syllables of every word.” I explained.

“Now mine. Now mine.” Jungkook said, excited to hear about his mate.

“You were such a good soulmate to him, Jungkook. For a werewolf, he was too small, thus got mocked by several of his pack members. The problem was that his inner wolf had a trauma and stopped the growing process. By loving him, you helped them get over it and if nothing has changed, he should be a full-grown werewolf.” He smiled proud of himself. Both seemed pleased with the little information about their soulmates I had given them.

“Food is here.” A few seconds later, the delivery man rang the bell.

Ara and Jungkook went help Hoseok to get the food while Namjoon paid them. They decided to eat in the living room and we sat on the ground. The dinner was full of jokes and laughter. It reminded me of the past. I made sure to hold back the tears in order not to cut the good vibe. I was laughing to something stupid Jimin had said when the lights went off and Namjoon came in with a cake in his hands singing Happy Birthday. The others joined them and Namjoon put the cake in front me and I blew the candles on it. It was too much for me, thus I started crying.

“Why are you crying, Mina? What’s wrong?” Yoongi asked worriedly.

“It’s just that I can’t believe that this is happening. I was really losing hope and that was really hurting me. Ever since I’ve been left alone, it was hope for a better day that would make me stay strong and allow me not to break down. But then you showed up and you became my hope. With every difficulty that we had to face because of me being human, you showed me that you wouldn’t let go. And one day my pillars had simply disappeared without leaving any trace. People don’t know how hard separations can be. If you have one of the people you most trust with you, there is a higher probability that you can face the new situation, but it’s different when you’re alone. They don’t know how much it hurts to be taken away from them. People who should help you have to care about their own problems and you are let alone to face a new world. There might be people who are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter