Couple

The World They Create Together

Hae Soo

A twinge of her stomach was all the warning she got before she was running towards the chamber pot to throw up. The morning sickness was supposed to be over. She will be done her second trimester soon but like their parents, the twins delight upon being unpredictable. Heaving into the pot, she felt herself being wrapped up in a shawl, and a warm hard patting her back. Her husband. She could tell that by his hand. At least this bout of morning sickness actually was in the morning. Not like the past months when she threw up at odd times of the day. Worse had been during the rain rituals, where she had to be extra careful not to let anyone suspect her condition. Even then the prince had been at her side, just like this, silently supporting her. When he was absent, there was Woo Hee and Soon Deok, her dear friends. She truly was happy about the pregnancy but she was also getting tired of it as well. Not to mention the little stretch marks and swollen ankles. It was a wonder that no one had actually announced her pregnancy officially. No it was still only that indirect one that the King made.

Six months. Thinking about it, she had been married six months, and as she move her body back till she was leaning against her husband she thinks more and more about that fact by doing some mental calculations. For some reason, thinking numbers always seem to calm down her stomach. The twins were honeymoon babies. She did not know that. But it was also a very embarrassing thought. If someone actually cared enough to do the math, they will see just how much she and her prince had .

But there was nothing wrong with that, her prince was a passionate man and she was a feisty girl and they truly loved each other so much. However these days, the fact that her prince still found her attractive enough to have with her that was a true surprise. Because some days she did not feel pretty at all.

That's why her plan after sending her husband and her daughter off on their day trip with the other princes, she was going to have a much needed spa day. She already got the mixtures ready, and she was going to be pampered today, that too by Court Lady Oh. She could hardly wait. She will also drag Soon Deok and Woo Hee along and have a true spa day. But before that she was going to cuddle with her husband for a little more before getting up and start getting ready.

Wang So

It was good that he did not tell his brothers the truth. Otherwise, it will be next to impossible for him to get them to go together with him. It had been a while since his last hunting trip so it was a good opportunity today. Using the catch of the day to have a meal will truly let them have a down to earth experience.

When he arrived at the palace gate near Byul, mask on, in a pair of his black hunting clothes with his hair in a ponytail with Seol walking behind him, he could already see that at the very least, his brothers had enough common sense to disguising themselves. Unknowingly, they had already been wearing some lower quality clothes that was easy to move around in. Perfect for hunting. Silently, he had just nodded his head in greeting to his brother before lifting Seol up in his arms and mounting the horses that were already ready. Waiting for his brothers to mount their own horses before heading off. They will realize that they were going hunting soon enough.

"Seol-ah," as his daughter lifts up her face to look at him, he smiles at her before continuing. "We are far from the palace now. You can take off your mask now. Then you can take Appa's mask off too. Today, we both don't need to hide at all." Then he slow down his horse till it stops at the side of the trail. Then lifting his hands, he gently takes the face mask off and he can see the beautiful smile on Seol's face. Holding Seol's hands up, he bends down towards her till the knot of his mask is at the same height as Seol's hands. Then he gently releases Seol's hands and let her tiny hands untie the knot and take his mask off. Then he lifts his face up slowly, letting his daughter see his bare face with the scar completely exposed. He thought that she will look away, that she will not like the fact that her father was so disfigured, but what Seol did surprised him. Just like Soo, her hands slowly trace the scar with no fear in her eyes.

"Appa, you are pretty." As soon as those words escape Seol's mouth, disbelief filled him. Pretty. He was being called pretty even with this scar on his face. He just blink his eyes rapidly and stare at his daughter, who was now playing with his hair. His bangs were now all ruffled and swept all over his face. "Appa, let's go now. Also ride faster, I want to feel the wind." Shaking himself out of the gaze, he starts to move once again. Holding the reins with both hands and after Seol's hands are holding onto his forearms, he speeds his horse up. Riding horses with great speed was something that he loves and it seems like Seol loves it just as much if her laughter was anything to go by. So in the future, he intend to have many of these riding trips with Seol if she loves riding. The sounds of horses at the back let him know that his brothers were still following behind them without any problem. It will not be long before they reach the spot he had chosen for their hunting trip today.