Prayer Stones

The World They Create Together

Wang So

The week that he was stuck in the palace was a different kind of torture for him. A week without seeing Soo when she was so close was torturous. But getting to spend carefree days with his brothers was like a dream. Getting his own compound on the palace was a true surprise for him. He knew that it was more than just getting a separate place to live and moving out of the prince's quarters. By being granted a private compound, he was essentially been shown that he was ready to be independant, and be an adult not under the care of his clans. The fact that his compound was in the palace meant that even after he had married, he will not have to leave the palace. In a essence, while he was living in the palace, he still could move around freely outside. In a way it was freedom. How he want to show this to Soo, and how much he want for her to experience this life together with him.

While his body was recovering, it did not mean that his mind was also resting. During that week, he had been constantly making plans after plans for different things. At the very top of that list was how to get the permission to marry Soo as his principal wife. He knew that for the noble clans if two daughters of the same clan married the princes, they will worry about their own connections to the throne. But it was also true that Lady Hae Myung Hee will soon leave the world. Then Soo will be left defenceless and basically be a breeding stock for her clan. Just like it happened the first time, and that was something that he want to avoid at all cost. So he made countless plans that will allow them to get married. He had already spent over 20 years without his lover by his side. He will not wait any longer than he has to.

When Ji Mong had visited him, that was when Wang So had truly look around the compound and saw it. There were many rooms, with a large courtyards on either side of the compound but it was empty. There was no sign of life. Realizing that fact, he quickly went over every inch of the compound, pointing out the items needed to make this a home for them. A place that his family can live.

He did not forget to order herbs and make-up supplies either. When he saw in that tee-ve that Wook had promised to buy Soo enough herbs to make soups as much as she want, he had been determined to do more than that. So he made sure they were multiple tea sets, make-up supplies, and herbs stored at his residence.

He also set aside a room for a private library and calligraphy room. Soo had loved to make him write poems. In this room, they could write and read while he can truly enjoy her happy expressions. He also made sure there was a large straw outdoor bed right outside near the bedchambers so they could look at the stars together.

When he chose the servants, he made sure that they were healthy and they were loyal. No one could ever say that he had a terrible memory. In that empty years of his past life, he could still remember the faces of the loyal servants that had been his. Not anyone else's. He also knew some names that Soo had grumbled about, though he did not know the faces, he made sure no one that Soo had complained to him about was part of his private staff. When the slaves arrived, he did not treat them any different. He had set aside two large set of rooms for the slave's quarters and they were plenty of mattresses and blankets for all of them to use so they could sleep well. Similarly, the servants had a smaller room only had to share it with one other person. Good treatment was the way to ensure loyalty and punishment was to teach obedience. His Soo dislike the fact that he punished so he plan on staying away from it. Though it did not mean he was not capable of it. His temper was always highly controlled but if anyone caused harm to his people then there was no choice.

While he was thinking these thoughts, he had arrived instinctively at the wishing tower. He knew that the likeliness of finding Soo here was low. Why would she be at the wishing tower in the afternoon? Nonetheless he took a chance and climbed up the tower. At the middle of the prayer stones with her back to him stood his goddess. Dressed in white and pink, her hair down with simple crown braid on top of her hand, it was just like that first time that he saw her at the prayer stones. He slowly approach her from behind and he stop when he was almost directly behind her, silently waiting for her to finish her prayers. When he saw her hands being unfolded, he took a breath and start to speak.

"You listened to me for the first time. You did wait for me at the prayer stones"

Hae Soo

That voice. She must be dreaming because he was still supposed to be in near-secluded recovery. He was not well yet. He could not be here. At the wishing tower, in front of the prayer stones. But just the sound of his voice, real or not caused her eyes to fill up with tears. Then softly she felt the arms, that familiar warm and strong arms hug her from behind, pressing her back tightly to his front.

"Soo-ya. I missed you." and she fell. All the tears that she had been holding back escaped her eyes as she turned inside his strong arms and wrapped her own arms around his chest holding him against her.

"Your Highness….I missed you as well." with that she simply held on tight to her lover. To her 4th Prince Wang So. To her Emperor Gwangjong. The man who loved her with his entire soul, and who she loved back equally the same.

She felt his arms unwinding from her back but before she could even miss his touch, his hands were on her cheeks, slowly lifting her face. His eyes were just staring at her face, and Soo did the same to his. Memorizing every inch of his face, she reached up and touched his mask and wound her hand up his hair till it was behind his head and untie the knot. Slowly taking the mask off his face then just dropping the mask on the ground beside them, she his cheek with her hand.

"Soo-ya. Live together with me. Let's live together. I will give you the freedom that you want and will always be with you. So, Hae Soo-ya. Marry me. Be my wife. Be my one and only queen."

"You really do need a prayer stone to propose. Why are you asking me? I already replied before, I love you Wang So-nim. This time, I will not let anything stop me from being with you."

"You will make life interesting but I won't let you go again. Not this time."

"This time I will not let go either, we both had suffered enough to have a chance at happiness."

"Kure, you are right. You are always so beautiful. I love you, Soo-ya." Then she couldn't wait any longer so Soo entwine her hands behind his head before pushing his head down and hers up to kiss him. His arms after a second, wrap around her and now they were both connected. She will not give up this time. In this second chance, that they were given, from the beginning to the end, she will live in order to be together with him. Only with her prince. Only ever with him.