Reunited: So, Soo, Seol

The World They Create Together

Hae Soo

She was nervous, who would not be when they are on their way to a meeting that will determine your entire future with someone. Because the way that Seol reacts to her is unpredictable to her, not to mention this will be the first time that she will be able to see her prince together with their daughter, to see the fatherly side of him.

But first, she had to get to those plates of figs that were in front of her. Without any hesitation, she took the plate of figs on the tea table and just start eating it all. Hey, she was pregnant that too with twins, her excessive appetite could all be blamed on these children that were making her constantly hungry.

"Soo-ya, slow down." With full of figs, dear heavens they tasted so good, she look up to her prince who had simply been staring at her as she ate. All he had eaten were few yangwa cookies but nothing else, the rest of the delicacies on the table in front of them were all the thing that she had been constantly eating for the past hour.

Now normally, she did not mind being interrupted as she ate, but that was when it was normal. Now, she was easily irritated when she had to stop eating due to someone else. Her annoyed expression must have worked at least a little, because the prince let out a soft sigh and did not say anything else. Good.

It was a great decision on her husband's part to take her to a local tea house soon after they had moved away from the palace grounds. Not to mention being in a relatively private setting away from the palace allow both of them to relax and let go of their more proper manners and be more natural.

Besides to Go Ha Jin, this felt similar to a food-craving run that her husband will tag along with. Sure it was not a midnight ice-cream run, but in Goryeo it was hard enough finding good fruits right now, so soon after the drought. Looking at her prince slowly relaxing in front of her as the tension in his shoulders decline and his lips loosen as he becomes more of his true self rather than that stiff royal persona. Smiling at him, she keeps on eating. She already knew these twins were ruining her figure so why bother thinking about body weight. Though she was not vain, she still wish to have a healthy weight and soft skin but she can worry about the weight later, the health of her babies was first priority.

Maybe Seol will be like her in someway. She will love dress up and now she will have someone to teach all of her makeup skills to. Just thinking about her daughter, the daughter she had not even held in her arms properly since she was a newborn, made her want to meet her soon. But she could not waste all the food they had ordered either. Looking at the man in front of her, who had not even touch a single plate till now, she knew what to do.

Picking up a spare pair of chopsticks, she extend those chopsticks to him. When he just look at her confused, she held a finger pointing to food in front of him and gave him a stern expression. Though the prince still looked confused, he took the chopsticks and start to eat. Good, now they had to hurry. She want all the food gone and be on the way to finally meet her daughter as quickly as they can.

Seol

She was pacing. Back and forth from one side of the courtyard to another. Where were her parents? Did they get lost? Maybe because they did not know the residential area of Songak very well. Did they get delayed because of some royal matters? But, Jin had told her that due to the celebrations after the rainfall, the court was not officially in session till the king decides on what exactly will be the celebration taken at the royal palace to celebrate the rain. Then did they forget? No, that was just her skeptical mind and fears talking. She knows at the least that her Abeoji was a man to keep his word. The sun was already high up in the sky, weren't they supposed to be here just as the sun was up? They must have just had a hard time getting out of the palace, that must be it. Shaking her head to shake away any other bad thoughts, she turns while looking at the ground, to walk back to the other side.

"Ouch," who was it that she had bumped into. It did not matter, it was going to be that person's fault. "Aigoo, aigoo…" she put her hand on her forehead as she bends over like she is in pain.

"You are truly her." That voice, even if it was not as deep as she remembers, but it was his voice. She slowly lowers her arm and lift her head up. There, now kneeling on his feet in front of her, just like the first time she met him was the man. The man that she missed the most, more than her adoptive father at times because of how much she had longed for him. Her father. The man whom her mother loved. Whom had always silently protected her and loved so much more than she ever knew to be capable of someone. His face was young, no sign of any wrinkles, but his body still held the same strength. She couldn't help the tears that were filling up her eyes, nor the trembling in her lips. When her father lifts his hand and her cheeks softly, it was even more difficult to stay still without starting to sob out loud. Then her father said the single sentence that broke her resolve.

"Wang Seol, my daughter."

Wang So

He held on tight. Tightly as he could to this precious person in his arms. Seol. This was truly her. She look quite similar to how she looked as a six-year old and he was not mistaken about the recognition in her eyes. She was here. He had his daughter. His precious Seol in his arms. He just pull her body into his, close as he could, and just let her cry into his shoulders. Not caring about his own tears.

"Seol-ah, I missed you." He places his hand on her back and slowly it so that Seol can start to calm down. "You are alright? You aren't hurt?" All he got in response was her little arms holding onto him tighter. His questions will eventually be answered, for now just holding her was enough.

"Jhona (Emperor), can I call you my father now?" That hopeful tone in her quiet voice was enough for tears to fall. He finally could be called her father, even if they still had to be careful, she could call her his father.

"That's right, Seol-ah." He slowly untangles her body away from his and see his daughter's face in front of him. Face to face. She truly was a beauty just like her mother. "From now on, no one can stop you from calling me your father, just like no one under the heavens can stop me from calling you mine. My child, my princess, my precious daughter."

"Abeoji," he nods his head silently as Seol speaks and she slowly lifts her tiny little hand up and reaches for his face. Towards his cheek with the scar, but even then all he does is smile. Her little hand was so soft and as her hand caress his cheek, he simply let her do what she wish to do. What her heart desires.

A shadow behind Seol appears, and he sees Soo. Who had her own tears coming out of her eyes as she look at their daughter from the back. His only queen and his precious princess that have never met before. It was time for him to reunite them, for both of them to have their dearest wish to be granted by his own hands. For him to create instead of destroying.

Hae Soo

She's beautiful. Her little baby who she can still sometime feel in her stomach when she remember back to her hidden pregnancy. Her tiny back that she see in front of her, and her small hand on her father's face, she had grown up so beautifully. Even without her, without her father, she had grown up so well. She couldn't stop her tears and then her sobs when she heard Seol calling her prince, Abeoji. The title that she was supposed to call him her entire life, but Seol had never been able to call him that due to things that was not Seol's fault at all. The smile on her lover's face said it all. Just how much that word meant to him. These two can be father and daughter now, as they were meant to be. Her sobs must have increased in volume enough to catch the attention of the two people on the ground as their heads turn, and that was the first time she sees Seol's face. Her daughter's face.

She truly look like her, like she knew Go Ha Jin did in her baby photos, but there were traces of the prince as well , in the slight sharpness in her eyes and that chin and cheeks. She was truly beautiful, so much more than she could ever imagine.

"Eomoni," that word. How much she had longed to hear it from her. She just simply did what she wants to do, she quickly rush towards her daughter and drops to her knees, and pull her into her arms.

"Seol-ah, my Seol-i. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for not being there. For leaving you alone." All the words of apologizes that she had wanted to say to her daughter just pour out.

"Omma, Omma, I missed you. I missed you." Seol's tiny voice as she called Soo, her Omma was all she could hear. That single word was everything to her, the same way that being called the wife of Wang So was everything. Speaking of her prince, now he was embracing the two of them into his own body. Seol in her arm, her back against her father's chest, and the 4th prince's arms wrapped around Soo's back. Soo remember calling his embrace a cocoon before, and that was exactly what Wang So's embrace was. A cocoon where Soo and Seol, both of them were protected all around by him, and his arms providing them warmth.

"Soo-ya, Seol-ah," as his voice say their names, Soo sees that both her and Seol had turned to look at him with similar expression on his face. She truly was her clone in some ways, she bet that there were some habits of hers that were the clone of her father. She will have plenty of time to figure it all out soon. "Let's go. Soo-ya, didn't you want to visit the market not to mention Seol-ah, we have to bring you home."

With a matching smiles on their faces, Soo and her daughter Seol, the one that she gotten another chance to be with for unknown reason, nod their heads. Then carefully, Soo lets the prince help her stand up, but she refuses to let go of Seol. She will not let her go till she absolutely had to. With Seol in her arms, and her darling husband right besides her, their shoulders almost touching, she starts to walk out of the courtyard of Min Gu's family home. Towards the main streets of Songak. Their first walk together as a family.