Meal and Shopping

The World They Create Together

Wang So

All he could do was look around in amazement. At the amount of people that filled the streets, at the woman who had their ankles and legs exposed. Men with short hair. We even saw different colours in hair. They were even some woman who had their stomach exposed. The world that Hae Soo originally came from amazed and puzzled him. Amazed by the sights, puzzled because it seems like everyone had a small object that had light up in their hands or press against their eyes and they were talking into it. Even the language that he heard was more informal than ever. Wang So was wary of all these strangeness, but he did not show his discomfort at all.

Especially when he saw the smiling and excited face of Soo. A face that he hardly remember seeing. Soo was leading them towards a small hut. When if he did not have the senses of his nickname 'wolf-dog', he did have superior sense compared to an ordinary person and he could smell the food being cooked from the hut. Soo went straight for the entrance entering the hut, and he followed a little behind.

The scene that he saw when he entered was classic-Soo, the trouble magnet. She was widely waving her hands in the air while talking to an ajumoni, that was not the problem, it was the tray of large bowl in the hands of a servant that was not looking ahead that was right behind her. As Soo was not looking behind her, either this had a potential of being a disaster capable of burning her fair skin if her arms hit the soup in anyway. And there was no chance under the heavens that Soo will be hurt again on his watch. He made his way towards where Soo was, passing small rectangle tables with chairs, many of them filled with people either eating or talking. This place was just like the village tavern. Being in a familiar setting, at least So knew what the tavern was like, he felt himself relaxing a little.

"Ha-Jin ah..," that was the ajumoni's scream with Soo's other name. When he turn to look, there Soo was just like he thought, trying to avoid the bowl that was now high in the air, it must have been lighter than he had thought, heading straight to her, but Soo is not able to run because of those shoes that she had insisted on wearing, the one called hii-ru.

Not bothering to think, he run the short distance to Soo, grabs her in his arms and lift her out of the way of the bowl of liquid that was heading towards her. It seems like he made it just in time, as he heard the clash on the floor behind him as the bowl shattered. But that was just a background annoyance to him. His entire focus was on Soo. Framing her face with his hands, he lift her face up so he could stare directly into her eyes.

"Soo-ya, kenchana?"

"Yes. I'm alright. I was just startled."

"Your heart, is your heart ok? The royal doctor did tell you to be careful and to avoid shocks."

"I am really alright. My body is healthy, what about you?"

"Babo, of course I am alright." Relieved that she seemed to be alright, he could only smile, as she smiled back at her.

"Ha-Jin ah, kenchana? Young man, are you ok? Aigoo, you got soup on you." The ajumoni Soo was talking to earlier now came up to them. Remembering that they were in public, no matter how much he did not care about that, there was still something called etiquette. Taking his hands off Soo's face, he turn to the ajumoni, and slightly nodded his head. He did not really want to speak, his mind was still getting adjusted to the reality that Soo's trouble-magnet ways was not something that only happen in Songak, it seems she was really just a trouble-magnet that cause the most unique troubles for herself. He felt Soo step ahead of him to talk to the ajumoni, telling her that she was not hurt that she was sorry for not being careful.

So turn his head away from them, and look ahead to the one that was standing a few paces away, the one that held the tray with the soup that was about to burn Soo. He could feel the hotness of the liquid on his back through his clothing. If that had hit Soo, with her thin clothing and fair skin, she would have definitely have burned. The thought of her being harmed due to some servant's carelessness, he could feel his ire to rising. Though he could not punish that servant, he still could glare at the servant as much as he want. So what if, he knew that his glare, according to Baek Ah and Jung, was something that can cause nightmares if he use it when he was angry. For potentially hurting Soo, his queen it was a mild thing to suffer just a few bad dreams. At least the servant will learn to to be careful now. There was tugging at his wrist, so he turn his head to look at Soo, who seemed to have finished her talk with the ajumoni.

"Come, let's sit. I already gave our order to Ahjumma."

"Aeraso, let's eat." Then he followed Soo as she led him to a table, but not before turning his head once more, and sending his wolf-dog glare to the servant, who was now picking up the pieces of the broken bowl. The servant must have sensed the stare because the servant looked up and met his stare. He let his face turn into his most intimidating stare and added a smirk. When So saw the servant flinching back, he was satisfied.

Hae Soo

Go Ha Jin, you babo-ya. It has not even noon yet, but you already had to embarrass yourself. Not to mention, alarming him. Now, you have to make sure to be good, no more accidents. You got your prince, Prince Wang So here in front of you, in a time where there are no wars or throne, you have to enjoy it.

The pep talk over, she dragged the prince to a window side circular table and carefully sat herself down, making sure that her dress properly covered her as she heard the chair across from her move, and there was her wolf prince in front of her. Once again there were together. Sharing a meal together again. The simple things that modern people took for guarantee but it was something Hae Soo will never take it as a guarantee again. Smiling at him, she made herself comfortable, and set about introducing the modern invention around them to her 10th century lover. She loved his adorable side, especially when he was puzzling over the foreign words as he tried to pronounce it, then his confused face as he listened to her explaining what it was.

It was just as she finished telling the prince all about electricity, or what she could remember from class, that their food arrived. She had ordered a large selection of side dishes, both veggies and meat, with rice. Best to not frighten him with things like international cuisine yet. But it was also for her as she had truly missed the cooking of Ahjumma, who in her opinion was one of the best traditional cook, on par with her mom.

"So, this is the food that is better than the palace."

"Yes, I can tell you that. Ahjumma is the best."

"Well we will know soon. Let's eat." With that both of them picked up their chopsticks and start eating, occasionally, Soo fed him some things, and he then fed her some things too. The happiness that she felt just with this simple meal was so much more than she thought possible before her time travel, but it did not matter. She had received a third chance at life, and this time from the beginning, the only person that she had ever truly gave away her entire heart is right here with her.

Wang So

Spending the entire day with no work, no officials, no attendants, or anyone demanding his attention, made him remember those days of the past as a prince. No true responsibility, he had been free as he could be with bad rumours following him around. But with Hae Soo it was different. With her, his entire being was at peace, his mind, body and heart all of them were happy, and he wished that this was what their future will be. His chance to be with her was taken away through many things, he knew some of them were his faults. No matter what the reason was, that's why he did not intend to lose ever again. No matter what this mission that they had to complete as payment for this chance, he will do it.

As he walk behind her pushing a strange metal carriage that Soo was putting food supplies in, he imagined this was what their married life could have been, and perhaps what it will be again if they have a chance. A man and a woman out at the market, purchasing items for their household, walking around with no guards around them. It was also nice to walk around without any stares being directed at his scar, if this was how Soo's world was, no wonder she had not cared about his monstrous face.

As Soo led him to some moving black metal that had a person at the end of it, he simply followed what she told him, and moved the items from the carriage to the black metal, constantly looking at Soo's face. He always want her beside him, never leaving him, but this time not only as his lover, he wants her to be his wife. His true wife that everyone will acknowledge. But for that to happen, he had to find what Soo wanted. A wedding ring. Perhaps that item that they could bring onwards to their mission will be their wedding rings. A symbol of his eternal love for her, a symbol of his queen.

Hae Soo

Going shopping for her wedding was something that all girls dreamed of. Dreams of large diamond rings, a white wedding dress. But she would never had thought as a child that she will hold in her hands, the exclusive VIP card, the card that had no limits. Not to mention the person she will be married to will be not her businessman boyfriend, instead it was 4th prince of Goryeo, Wang So, the formidable warrior. When So had told her that the items that he wanted to bring with them onwards to their mission was their wedding rings, all she could do was smile at him, give him a quick peck on the lips before taking his hands again, and start to walk towards the jewellery shop nearby.

So what if the one that she went to was Tiffany, she was allowed to be selfish, and there was nothing wrong with wanting an amazing ring. Also as she single-mindedly dragged her prince to the shop, she decided that she was going to get a ring for her prince as well. Just as she had carried his hairpin with her that reminded her of him. He should have her gift always present with him too.

Wang So

Though she did not seem like it, So found out that Soo was materialistic in her own way. She chose the jeweller for her ring, then when he had said she could buy any ring that she desired, she turned that back with making him promise to not ask about the price of her ring and also letting her pick his ring as well. Then when he protested at some of the rings she had made the attendant take out, due to how untasteful the design was, all she did tskk at him, then start conversing with the attendant as to which ring had the most gold in it.

Realizing a lost cause, So found a row of chairs that other men in the shop with them was sitting and just sat in one of the empty ones. He was hopeless at shopping for gifts anyway, sending someone to do it in his stead usually, so he just let himself relax into the chair, and closed his eyes. All that mattered was how happy Soo was, and that he had made her happy.

Hae Soo

When she had narrowed down her choices for both her and the prince's wedding bands, she look around the store to where the prince have gone, and saw him dozing away at the waiting chairs along with two other men, who seemed to be confused as to how anyone can fall asleep at a ring shop, especially when shopping with females.

Soo could see in their oh- expression as well as some of the expression on these strangers' faces that they were getting ready to witness something that was going to entertain them. The sale-girl that had the her choices on a cushion, also seemed to be nervous, Soo guessed she did not want to be part of an arguing couple. She also heard the clinking of heels and saw another customer with a sale-girl following her, her selection filled with large diamond rings, heading for a man seated two chairs down from the prince, waiting for her with full attention. When the other girl sent her a dismissive look, she left her temper rise, especially she was the look of disgust on this girl with horrible ring sense, when she was the scar on the prince's face.

Well if this girl wanted a fight, Hae Soo was not someone to back down, as a sale-personnel she could read faces, and the brief look the other man had at the rings of his woman's selection, she knew that they will be an argument. But her own sale-girl and the other men at the waiting area thought it was her and the prince that was going to fight. Well, she will enjoy proving them wrong.

With a wide smile, on her face, she finally step in front of the chair where her wolf prince was completely relaxed. "So-ssi," and her voice was enough, the prince's eyes opened. This rotten world always thinking the worst and wanting fights. She heard a soft sigh pass her sale-girl's lips.

"Soo-ya, did you decide?" Her prince ask her as he smile up at her. Deciding to tease the people even more, and just because she could, Soo walk forward and sat on Wang So's lap with her shoulders pressed against his chest. Even if the prince was surprised, he simply held her so she will not fall. Calling the call-girl closer to her by her hand, she showed the wedding bands to the prince.

"Well at least you got rid of those large rings, those will not you at all."

"Did you doubt my abilities? I told you that I was a professional. Anyways, now we have to choose between the two. I like both of them, the rings fits me but I don't know about you."

"It doesn't matter to me you know that, Soo-ya."

"Kure, then give me your left hand, I want to check the rings out." And without any hesitation, the prince gave his hand over to her. Picking up the plain gold wedding band first, she slip that onto his fingers. Then picking up her rose-gold diamond band, she put that on before putting their hands side by side. It was nice, but..

"Soo-ya, this ring is….right, it is nice...but…"

"No I agree, it is not as special. Then, the next one," she took off both rings, placing it back on the cushion, before getting the next set. This one was platinum ring with two rows of small diamonds and one small sapphire in the middle. Her ring was shared-setting band ring with platinum and diamonds and sapphires.

Now when their hands touched and they looked at the rings, she knew it was the one. It was not too large but it looked like a delicate treasure. With a smile on her face, she turn to look up at the prince, and based on the wide smile on his face, he also knew this was the one. Then the prince's hands came up and look a hold of her hands, and looking into her eyes, the prince spoke."

"Soo-ya, my person, my queen, would you marry me now?" Then with tears in her eyes, she nodded her head in yes. Finally she could say that to him. Finally she saw allowed to say "yes" to his proposal. Now wanting to get out of the shop as fast as possible, she reach into his pocket of his jacket to get the wallet out then taking out the VIP gold card, she handed it to the sale-girl and told her to ring it up quickly.

The shocked sale-girl, who seemed to have been awestruck by the sight of the exclusive card, took the card from her hand and with a bow went to the register. Done dealing with the world for the moment, Soo snuggled into her prince's arms and once again took their hands together and just stared at their rings. Their wedding rings. In their hearts, they were married a long time ago, but now there was a physical proof. Judging by the big smile on the prince's face, he was equally as happy as her.

Their moment of bliss was disturbed by loud noises. Looking up she saw that girl with the dismissive stare now having an argument, and apparently her meek-looking man was tougher than she expected before he was fighting back. The poor sale-girl was trying to calm them down.

"Soo-ya, what's wrong with them to fight here?," at his puzzled tone, she simply smiled before replying.

"Most likely it is because that man did not like the rings, or the rings were too expensive, or maybe it was just waiting to happen between them."

"But fighting in public, that too at some market...how indecent."

"Well, this happens often. I got into a couple of them myself."

"Oh, why?"

"Well, the one I remember the most, is when I wanted to hit that lying wench and that cheating bastard after they betrayed me."

"Cheating? You had a lover here?" Not wanting him to have a jealous fit, she quickly explained.

"He was not someone that I loved. Just someone….yes courting me, but he went behind my back and got together with my former best friend."

"Did this bastard hurt you? If he did.."

"No, no. He never physically hurt me. Well he did make me his guarantee for his debts so I was chased by creditors. But what he did, let me to to travel to Goryeo and meet you so in a way it is good. So don't hate him."

"If you are saying so, but I can hate him for having touched you and betrayed you."

"But I know that you will never do that, Wang So-ssi. I know that with all my heart. You will never hurt me like that, I know that you love me. Not like that bastard or that person."