The Wedding Banquet

The World They Create Together

Hae Soo

She could not stop smiling. She was a married woman now. Married. Wife of Wang So. She was the wife of the 4th Wang Prince. She must look like a mad woman but she didn't care. She was married. That too to a man that her mother never would have imagined for her, heck Go Ha Jin would have never imagined. But he was hers. The way she was his. Sitting right beside her in his ceremonial black robe, with his hair up in sangtu. But different then the style of his past life, he still had on his mask, his bangs though he had those cut to the length it was when he came back from Later Jin in their past lives. This man was her husband. She will never get tired of that fact. Never. This man right besides her smiling and laughing with his brothers was not only her lover, but also her husband.

Wang So

Though he did not seem like it, nor did he believe in the gods or the heavens, just for today he was silently thanking whoever it was that allowed him this chance. Here, sitting besides him was his wife. Hae Soo. As his wife. His buin. His. Like a goddess with her hair parted to the side in the front, and her hair up in an elaborate braided bun and in her hair there were ornaments dressed in her wedding hanbok. But the one thing that took he immediately notice was the peony hairpin. The hairpin that symbolize all of his past love and longing for her but also were a symbol of the all consuming love he had for her and the devotion for her he will continue to have.

He had lost everything for the throne. To save his own people, he had made himself completely alone. Someone that could not ever hug his own daughter and apologize to her for misunderstanding her mother. But that will never happen this time. He will not allow it. Because the throne or power was nothing without his Soo by his side. Today, he had been joined to her. Through a marriage, which even the heavens must have approved with how the snow had started to fall earlier in the day during the ceremony. He had learnt bitter lessons through the years of loneliness now, he will use those lessons to live a life of happiness together with his Soo.

The banquet

After the feast, now the gift giving was about to begin. Perhaps the most important part of the evening, as it clearly shows how the other princes actually thought about their now-married brother and their newest sister-in-law. To make it easier, the gift giving goes in order by rank with the Crown Prince first.

"I have bought many boxes of herbs and makeup powders. Please always keep yourself healthy so that So will not worry, Lady Hae Soo." The new lady simply thanks the Crown Prince but also invites him over for tea whenever he wants to.

"I was wondering around and I saw this and knew it will be perfect." Wang Yo, the 3rd prince put an object wrapped up in silk with a tie on the table. The bride reach forward to open the gift. The object, the gift, was a statue of a wolves pack. The 3rd prince was indirectly telling both of them that they were just like animals.

"Thank you 3rd Prince for the gift. It is perfect as now I have guarding statues. It kind of reminds me of the 4th Prince too, and wolves are my favourite animal. Thank you for such a kind gift," with a smile on her face, Lady Hae Soo bows her head to thank the 3rd Prince. Missing the brief surprised expression of the people around them. Just how sweet was this new bride that instead of taking an offensive approach to the insult, the way the palace ladies usually did, she actually thanked the person that insulted them. Holding one of the statues in her hand, the new member of the royal family turns to face her silent husband, "Your Highness, did you know that wolves are one of the smartest animals and so protective just like you. Though what I like the best about is that for their entire life, they stay true to their chosen partner."

"I have already promised to be with you for all eternity, if wolves also do that then my 3rd brother knows me better than I thought." The 4th prince replied to his wife while also glancing directly at his elder full blood brother.

"Hyungnim, Soo-ya, now it's our turn." the 10th prince walk closer to the couple's table, following behind him were the 13th and 14th prince. Each of them had a box in their hands. Smiling the 4th prince and his wife now turn to face the young princes. Forgetting completely about the silent 8th prince and his sister, the princess who had not even approached the married couple even once to offer congratulations.

"Hyungnim, Noonim, we couldn't think of a special gift for us individually so we combined all of our gifts together." it was the 14th who first approached the couple first. "Here's my part, I hope you like it and wear it often," as he sets a large box of the table. The 4th Prince opened the box to find a sword scabbard, and two small knives in the box. The scabbard of all three weapons were the same, pitch black with gold twirls with blue leaves. "I hope that you can use these to protect yourselves and your family for a long time." The 4th Prince smiled at his youngest brother before saying, "You have to come spar with me often, if I am to use these gifts well." The excitement of having his brother appreciate his gift was clear of his face as the 14th prince moves slightly out of the way so that 13th prince could put his gift box on the table.

"Hyungnim, Soo-ya. I hope you will like this and wear it together whenever you do." This time it was the the Lady who took out the gifts. Inside the box was a matching set of hanbok. Taking it out of the box, people finally saw just how exquisite it was. For the prince it was a black with silver borders and silver swirls with a silver belt with a hint of blue running through. For the new Lady Hae, her hanbok was a three piece. A light blue skirt over a crop top of white with gold embroidery paired with a long wide sleeve and long robe of navy blue with the same silver twirl pattern that was on the prince's hanbok, along with the same silver belt as the 4th prince's. It was a masterpiece hanbok, exquisite and so beautiful. All the newly wedded couple did was smile and thank the 13th prince for his exquisite gift, and the promise that they will only wear it on very special occasion. Then the 10th prince push his way through to the couple, and put his box down.

"Hyungnim, Soo-ya. Here's my gift." The 4th prince opened the box to find a variety of sangtu and donggot, but the central piece was a silver santu with a blue stone together with a silver donggot with blue jewel at the end. On the other side of the box was headpieces for the the Lady of variety of sizes, but the central piece was a hair comb pair made up of silver and blue stones making out a blue and white roses. "We had all of our gifts made to match these," and just as the 10th prince said that the 14th prince took out a box he had been hiding and put in it front of his Hyungnim and Noonim. The lady opened the box to find rings.

"I heard that it was Hyungnim who got these rings for Lady Soo as their wedding rings. So we all brought something that goes together with these rings. Though So-Hyungnim must love his wife very much as the merchants were all saying how rare the blue stones were that it would have cost at least two bags full of silver to purchase those stones alone. But I don't think Hyungnim cares about that." The 13th prince's words surprised the people at the banquet. That unapproachable and cold 4th prince spending a fortune on pair of rings. But it also showed just how much he cherish the lady who was now his wife, even if she was an orphaned noblewoman with hardly any power behind her.

"Your Highness, please give me your left hand," the 4th prince just silently put his left hand on to the hand of his wife that was in front of him and turns to face her. The lady takes the silver ring out of the box, and puts it on the prince's 4th finger. Then she places her own hand in the prince's hand as she gestures with her eyes towards the rings. The 4th prince took the ring of white and blue stones out of the box, and places the ring on his bride's 4th finger of her left hand before looking up and smiling at her before turning back to the guests, and sincerely thanking them for all of their gifts and happy wishes with slight bows.