War Council

The World They Create Together

Perhaps the place in the palace with the most security built in its design in the prince's quarters was the Crown Prince's old room before he had married. Thus that was where everyone had moved after the 4th prince's quarters had been attacked. Silently under the guard of the royal guards, the 4th prince being carried on the back of his older brother, while his wife who was exhausted was being guided by two of her husband's younger brothers while the youngest brother was keeping a lookout.

The moment they entered the chamber, the 4th prince was laid onto the bed, and the doctors were once again with him, making sure that the necessary transportation had not made his injuries worse. Hae Soo was guided to a chair near the bed, and silently persuaded to eat the food brought to them as well as to drink some tea. Making sure that all the younger members of the royal family was protected, the Crown Prince exits his old chamber before heading back to the 4th prince's quarters where the King and Jumong had stayed as the investigation began, and that was been where the war council had been called. No one will be suspicious of the Crown Prince entering the room of his 4th brother as they will just think that he had came to fetch something from his old rooms for his brother.

4th Prince's chamber

Inside the 4th prince's room, Taejo sat on a chair in absolute silence, as the soldiers as well as the investigators look around for any clue. It was similar to what the scene will be like in Damiwon at this time as soldiers sweep the entire compound for any clues. Ji Mong had sent a couple of soldiers in disguise to the public bathing area in case there is a sign of the secret tunnel being used as well as looking for witnesses.

"Pyeha, are you alright?" as the Grand General Park and his daughter enters the room pushing the soldiers aside with his body. When the general saw that his king was unharmed, he continue on to ask how the 4th prince was. Ji Mong replies that though he has been injured, he is expected to recover, his wife Lady Soo was unharmed just in shock, and asked if the General's daughter could stay with them. As right now, there was only the 14th prince Jung there who was capable of fighting if all the soldiers were to be taken out. Soon Deok silently bows to the king before making her way towards the Crown Prince's chamber. Even if this was an unfortunate time, she could not wait till she will be able to see the 10th prince again.

Crown Prince's chamber

After they have personally seen that their sister-in-law and friend Hae Soo was feeling better, the princes let her stand up and go towards the bed where her husband was now sleeping.

"Lady Hae, don't worry 4th Prince's wounds are starting to heal and there are no signs of any poison. He will be fine after a rest. Though it is best if the prince does not move unless necessary for the next three days or so." With that the royal doctors bows to the royals before exiting the room. The doctors truly hoped that they do not have to tend to 4th prince in an emergency again. They wished him to be healthy. As doctors they already knew just how much his body has already suffered through in his young life as they examined him and treated him.

It was not long after the doctors had left that the 4th prince had started to move around in his sleep and then he suddenly shoot up. Moving his head around frantically, the prince calms down when he realizes where he was and who was there with him. Lifting a hand, he slowly caress his sleeping wife's cheek. At feeling the sensations, his wife wakes up, and without a word, simple hugs his body to hers. Then the 4th prince rearranges the blankets on the bed, and pulls his wife down to sleep next to him under the blanket, always with his arm around her waist.

The royal guards silently witnessing the interactions between the married couple realized that even if 4th prince was scary, they could never say that he was not loved as it was evident that his wife cares for him very much, and how in return the prince cherishes her, as they have heard that prince had struck by arrows when he was shielding his wife. All of the guards knew that right now they were in a position when they could not let their guards down but they are happy that they are signs that even the royals are in essence human in some manner. A husband and wife sleeping together. Worried brothers of the injured patient, sleeping with their head on the table nearby, refusing to leave till their family members were alright.

4th prince's chamber

Sitting on the round table with the King was Grand General Park, the Crown Prince Mu, Captain Jang of the Royal Guards. Standing behind King Taejo was Astronomer Choi. On the table in front of him, a map of the royal palace, and map of Goryeo was spread out.

"Pyeha, we have investigated all of the entrances to the palace. Only place that seemed to have any activity was Damiwon. The soldiers have found a tunnel behind the bath near the caves as Lady Hae told us. While inside the cave is filled with useless items. We found traces of someone changing clothes. I suspect the shooter have disguised as one of the many palace servants to access the area that they could shoot then, after the assassination, they were going to mingle back into the crowd before escaping. However due to the failed attempt, I suspect that they have not left the palace, and it is impossible for anyone to go out right now with the entire palace on silent lockdown." Captain Jang gave his report to his superiors.

"Pyeha, if that is the case, please let us silently search all the palace servants that have went to both Damiwon and the prince's quarters today. I can promise you that I can give their heads for you."

"Grand General, that will only catch the tail in this conspiracy. We need to find the mastermind. Pyeha I think that they are multiple parties that have joined together to do this."

"Multiple parties?"

"Yes, Pyeha. First it was the attempt at Crown Prince at the exorcism rite. Clearly someone that wants the throne for themselves or for the one they support. We already have a clear connection between the tongueless ones and one of the queens. Second, the poison at the exorcism site. This rather than the throne was aimed at the entirety of the royal family and the most loyal subjects of Your Majesty. The fact that Lady Soo somehow found out and the nature of poison's ingredients it is safe to say that the nobles are involved. From what I see, Lady Soo is the type that is curious, she must have saw something suspicious and followed the trail till she accidentally found out about the poison at the exorcism rite. We know that she is in a way unheeding of danger based on what I have learnt from all the princes."

"They were arguing over that very same thing in front of me. I know that child do not want the royals to be harmed. All she wants is to live with the 4th prince and be with him."

"I am glad that my student had found someone to be by his side."

"We are all happy with the 4th prince's wife. That made me think of another point. Lady Soo is like the hidden center. We all know that many of the princes cares for her, her husband is fiercely overprotective, the princes treat her like a true sister-in-law rather than a relative. Though how much the 4th prince cares for her is not known to many, the affection that the young princes holds for her is something that the entire Songak knows. Thus, the third attempt at Damiwon. One party wanted the King dead, while the other wanted to eliminate the new important person of the young princes. The throne is a easy motive. But to harm Lady Soo, one of the conspirators fear the possible influence Lady Soo may have in the future on the princes, and with that the country's politics."

"This palace is like that. At least that child does not have any intention to be in politics. Her wanting to meet me often with me, it was too just have another person to talk. Her father-in-law who will listen to her complaints, advice her and tell her stories about her husband."

"One thing is certain Pyeha, that Lady Soo is a target to just this group of conspirators. None of the court officials have made any objection with the marriage, all they know is that the 4th prince and his wife is living on palace grounds, but even that fact did not raise any objections. Now to the latest attack, I think this shooter's party have a reason to hate both the 4th prince and Lady Soo thus attacking mainly at where the 4th prince and Lady Soo's heads were on the bed."

"Ji Mong, I think that may be all of the possible motives. But, what would hurting me, So, and Hyungsunim together get all of the conspirators? The throne? The title of Crown Prince?"

Before anyone could answer the Crown Prince's question, there was a knock on the door as one of palace attendants enter the room.

"Pyeha, we have received a message from one of the guards with the princes. The 4th Prince have awaken, though he is still a bit tired, he is on his way to recovery. The 4th prince requests to speak to all of you as he has information to give to you. However, he had been told not to move around as much, thus hope that you all can come to where he is."

"Ji Mong, get some paper. I have some orders to write. Crown Prince, go to your brothers and update them on the situation, the 4th will want to know what we have figured out for sure. Captain Jang, instruct your most trusted men to work out a protection detail for Lady Hae Soo, she is the center of all the assassinations, as well as higher security in the palace. Also have them on high-alert for all servants. If they are suspicious, arrest them immediately. General, I want your daughter to stay near Lady Soo, no one will suspect two females spending time together. Start keeping eye on all of the private armies of the nobles."

After giving his orders, the King stood up and exits the room, his subjects going to fulfill his orders while he goes to out of the prince's quarters. He needs to be outside of that room. No matter how much he wants to personally kill the assassins when they are caught, he knows that he needs to interrogate them first. But how to explain that to the raging tiger within him. King Taejo knew that a quiet storm will soon hit the palace, no matter what he plans to do next.