Frozen in the Moment

The World They Create Together

Prison

"Blood. Perhaps the one thing that unites us all. My beautiful queen told me that all of us are equal because we all have the same coloured blood running through our veins. That and all of her other lectures may have been one of the first thing that led to me attempting to help the slaves. But my help is not without its bloodshed. And no one wants help from me, no they wishes to possess me, parade me around like something that they own. But, all of them had never won anything. Except for her. Except for my queen. And it is for her that I am writing these tales, because I do not want these ugly thoughts to come out and taint her purity." A page flips.

"I expect that many of you are wondering just what kind of horrible tale this is, when all you have read so far had been promises to be hurt but you had not been hurt at all. Well, we will get to the bloody part. The part that will describe the tortures and punishments that is waiting for you. Because if this tale is being read to you. It means that you will not be granted a merciful death. No, you will be kept alive no matter happens to you. Until you either perish due to torture or are granted a merciful and quick death because you have given up valuable information. Depending on your information, maybe your families will be spared the responsibility of being punish for your crimes." Another page flips.

"As I said this book, caution and prepare the people judged to require special punishment, so you know what is coming for you. I hope you heed my warning, because I was not even four summers before I learnt that blood is so red. That it stains your world red, that no amount of washing let you forget the blood that was once on your face and hands. For it was my own blood that I saw through my tears. My face being crave open by my mother's hand as she used me to stop my father from marrying again."

"Not caring about the fact that she caused the mark on her child's face that got that child labelled as a black omen, the one that got me adopted away to the rival clan of my mother's clan. And no one. No one knows that the one that made that mark on my face was my own mother, the one that gave birth to me. The one that was supposed to care about me."

"She said right into my face right after I killed her assassins that were going to betray her and get her get executed. I was her flaw, shame and disgrace. On that day, I vowed that my mother will always see me in front of her, I will never leave and I fulfilled that promise. The last face that she saw before she died instead of her two loving sons, it was me. Her third child that she hated with a passion. Why am I telling you this?"

"To let you know how much a single scar can change your life, a single strike with a small knife. That is what is going to happen to you, the first thing you get will be a craving on your arm, face, back, chest somewhere that you will watch as it is being done. Just a single strike, and that strike will forever label you as a traitor."

"That scar was the beginning. From then on, my body continued to get scars, battle scar from swords, slashing marks from wolves when the attendants left me in the wolves den at night. A small boy I was and I was used as a sacrifice. To arrows, to wolves, to poison. And all of that is going to happen to you. Right in front of you, to those around you, and you will be left shaking as the pain continues but no you will not get any relief until you confess the truth. Not just your crimes but also the names. Names, locations, anything that you know about the traitors to the throne. Know this. All the torture you went through till now it was nothing, that was just the beginning, from now on it is the true torture."

"Rather than continue on this bloody path, I want to tell you something about the 4th prince for those of you who will soon be in his presence or have heard of him. He is not a good man. He will personally admit to that fact. He becomes crazy when his temper snaps or when he is irritated. He is aloof and have a sarcastic tongue and that is the truth. But there is a single thing that makes this man incredibly angry. So angry that if you have committed that sin, you have guaranteed for yourself and for your entire family, the presence of a terrible enemy."

"I urge you to speak up and save yourself if you committed this crime? To have brought harm upon his wife or his children borne by her. Hae Soo. In an essence, this tale from this point onwards will describe the punishment awaiting those who have committed the crime of bring harm to a man's most precious person."

Byul, Lady Soo's chamber

"What did you say, Agasshi?" They were simply staring at the person in front of them. Why can't she recognize them? Thank heavens that the 4th prince had went out for a couple of minutes to meet with a messenger guard who brought news about the investigation.

"I don't know who you are. Where am I? Why am I with you? Where is my Wangjanim?"

"Lady," both of the doctors silently approach the figure on the bed. "You are safe. We are the doctors that were taking care of you after you have been poisoned. I think that your memory will return once your body has a bit of rest."

"Which prince are you looking for? I am the 13th prince, and right there is the 10th and 14th prince." The lady on the bed seems to look at the figure of the other princes in confusion though she did nod her head as it was proper to do so in the presence of royalty.

"The 4th Prince Wang So." The lady whispers as she looks around the room, but never looking down at herself or towards the other bed in the room where another figure is lying down.

"Our So-Hyungnim will be back soon. But till then let us know what you remember. Please can you do that?"

"A lake in front of prayer stones. It was so beautiful and I was waiting. I was waiting for him, the hairpin in my hair that he gift it to me. Waiting so that I could tell him that I love him no matter who he is."

"That person is the 4th Prince?"

"Yes," as the lady look at the two ladies in front of her in confusion, "but who are you?"

"My name is Woo Hee, Agasshi. And this right here is Park Soon Deok." Suddenly there is a hint of recognition on the lady's face and she stares at the two ladies.

"You are the dancer, the one that Baek Ah-nim loves. And you are Soon Deok, the general's daughter that Eun-nim loves."

"How do you know our names?"

"I do not know your names, 10th Prince. I just recognize the two ladies right here."

"My name is Wang Eun, and that right there is Wang Baek Ah, and that is Wang Jung." The names once again seem to be familiar to the lady.

"I only knew those names, I don't know your titles."

"How did you know our name? Do you remember how?"

"The 4th Prince told me that the two brothers that he loves the most is named Baek Ah and Eun. That he also has another brother named Jung who he loves but their relationship is difficult because of his mother."

"It seems like your memories are centered around the 4th Prince, my lady. Wangjanim, I think there is a chance that when the lady sees the 4th Prince, her memories will come back."

"Then, I will go get Hyungnim just wait for a bit." The 14th Prince runs out of the room, intending to find his brother who had been away from the room much longer than he had intended.

Meanwhile, the lady in the room was now looking around the room, apparently she was in the 4th prince's private residence, Byul, something that she did not remember him ever having but apparently he did.

Her memories that she could remember were weird. It was mostly fuzzy she knew that she was seeing, herself in a courtyard, then next minute looking at a couple as they had tea, then she will be running across snow, or learning how to read, make tea, and so forth. The only thing that was clear to her was the image of the man she knew as Wang So rather than Emperor or Gwangjong as he was known to others. The man she knew to love her no matter what and the sense of longing and sadness that she felt towards him in her memories.

She wonders how she came to be here, why does her hand look so much smaller and smoother than she remembers, why was her room filled with people who she knew had died or had went out of the palace. Finally, just who was that other figure on the bed, that everyone around her bed was consistently going to check, and why did she know that figure in her heart but did not remember who she was?

She was filled to the brim with questions, and only one that she could trust to give her the proper answer to the question was the man that was not here. The man that always had black somewhere on his person, the man with such intense eyes, and she remembers his smile the most. The sense of peace that she felt when she saw him with that smile.

"Lady, could you please lift up your arm, I wish to check your pulse once again." Doctor Song requests his patient, and silently wait for her to lift her arm. He did not prepare for her to scream, and clutch her right upper arm with her left hand. "May I touch you, Agasshi?" When the lady gives him the nod of consent, he gently touch the right arm that was causing pain and gently touching the muscles to feel. It did not take long for him to find the problem.

"The poison has affected your right arm, most likely as you fell. Though it is not a permanent situation, your muscles are simply weak and the remains of the poison in your blood is causing the muscles to inflame. A couple days of cold ice applied to the area, and a couple of activities to strengthen your muscles will do. Please wait while I get my assistant to bring us some ice to start your treatment."

Wang So

He did not want to be away from Soo and Seol. But a message from the king cannot be ignored. But when that message had him leave the compound to appear at the royal court because the ministers were making accusations or throwing blames, to say his mood had worsen was putting things mildly. He was currently in no state of mind to be in court, what with his temper still not having cool down,

He knew that his mind did not think in a compassionate manner when he was angry. But those ministers caused the situation, they will have to suffer the consequences of their actions that led him to be summoned away from the bedside of his precious treasures. Just the reminder that they have been hurt...that too by snake poison...oh, he did not even need the confessions of hired-hands to know whose work it likely was.

He hope those prisoners were enjoying listening to those tales. The book that he wrote down all of his murderous thoughts whenever the need struck him to. He had finished the tales of over fifty year just the previous month. That tale had all the punishments he had commanded to be done, all the punishments that his head could think of. Soo had been right to tell him that putting his thoughts down on paper will help him filter his anger in a more organized manner. Though not all the tale was filled with anger, they were remembrances of those precious memories from his previous life as well. So that he will never forget.

Not to mention, his beautiful Soo-ya along with Seol both of them seems to love making him write as they observe him. Though the sight of Seol laying a new page over a piece of his writing then copying it to refine her handwriting, then seeing his Soo do the same thing right next to their daughter was always something that made him more and more enchanted with his wife and their princess. But now, they were fighting for their lives due to the actions of royals and nobles.

It looks like before dealing with the prisoners, he will need to deal with their possible masters. From the voices that he heard from the outside of the courtroom, the nobles were arguing with the Crown Prince, Ji Mong and that was the voice of his mother. So even the Queen was here. And if he was not mistaken, that was the voice of Queen Hwangbo. Heavens had prepared for him a true battlefield. Well, nothing but the most bloodiest battlefield for a truly wild huntinh dog.

Prison

"As I am writing this tale down, it reminds of me of an insult that my relative said to me as I was forced to kneel down in front of him to save my love from being killed. Forced to abandon my dearest Hyungnim as he dies due to drowning after suffering from mercury poisoning due to the schemes of my relatives, all of whom who desired power and the seat that was not theirs to begin with. A wolf is a beast who stays loyal to one mate through his entire life, and a wolf will do anything for his mate."

"Well, threatening my mate got me on my knees. Forcing her to leave my side, caused that witch's family a deadly enemy who bide his time before cutting away their power and left them completely powerless with just an empty title to their name. Hurting my daughter by being an unfaithful deceiving husband that did not treasure her as she should have, caused her husband's family to be cursed with the angry spirits of a vengeful father. But, causing harm to my mate that left a mark on her physically and mentally, that will leave them only with death. A long and painful drawn out death after the wolf takes away everything that they hold dear. And that is in essence is exactly the way I am in regards to my mate, the exact same nature that the 4th prince possess."

"So once again I warn you. Do not go against the men that possess the nature of a beast. Even if you were just obeying orders, or you just happen to an innocent member of the criminal's family, it does not mean that you will escape your punishment. The only way to save yourself is to confess the entire truth to the one on the throne and finally be a loyal subject to the throne. Do not say that you were not warned of the consequences for planning to or harming someone under the protection of the throne or a people precious to a man that only lives for his people."