Meetings

The World They Create Together

That night, just a few days after the end of the drought, everywhere in Songak there were hidden meetings. It was happening in every class of society but no one knew that at the centre of all the meetings were the same two individuals. Fourth Prince Wang So, and his wife Lady Hae Soo.

Villagers

At the local tavern, the men were gathered for a celebratory drink. Rather than a meeting it was more like a party with constant mention of the man who had rescued the children. One of the men had managed to find out that the bandit's hideout had been stripped clean of all the bodies and the simply unconscious bodies of the bandit leaders were missing. They did not care where the bodies were, as long as they were gone. It was all thanks to Joon, that mysterious noble.

Sure Min Gu's father and uncles as well as couple of other men knew who the man truly was but it was easier to see him as Joon. Besides the chanting that they had done behind the 4th prince in the rain ritual was something that not many had remembered. By now, it was Moon Guardian that saved the children, not the hidden fourth prince, and it was likely to stay that way. But these men was not likely to ever forget that the initial meeting with Joon and his wife was because of the 4th prince. That was the reason that these people were finally ready to accept the fourth prince, not as the wolf-dog, but as a prince.

Nobility

On the other hand, the various nobles were having meetings with key members of their clan. The reason, to plan what to do next. The courts will resume the next morning, and now the battlefield for the throne will have another player. The 4th prince Wang So who had now been accepted by the people and had the heaven's approval.

The supporters of the 3rd prince and also the 8th prince had figured out that the way to eliminate the 4th prince from the politics was to send him away from Songak or disgrace him so much that he will not be forgiven easily so he will not be able to return back to the royal court ever again. But how to do that? That was what all of them were thinking. Assassins will be useless as they already knew that the 4th prince was physically strong, all that was left was a political fight, and that was something that these nobles were experts in.

All through the city, through letters and messengers, the masterminds behind the conspiracy were also talking. They had found out through the rumors that their preferred thugs had all been killed by the so-called 'Guardian' and the leaders of the bandits were nowhere in sight. And now the king had the Grand General constantly by his side, not to mention that now all around the royals, the security had increased.

The spies in the palace had let other know that the places that were previously a weak point in the palace in terms of security was not much of a weak point anymore. Like the guards had figured out the holes in their own security and were now correcting it. Another attack will be out of question on the king, so now they had to turn their attention to the 4th prince's household.

Sadly except for the one spy that had already been planted a long time ago, no other spies had been able to enter into their residence. None of the slaves or servants so far could not be bribed so the information on the cursed prince was left at the hands of palace gossip. A very firkle source but it was a source nonetheless.

All the masterminds could do was to watch. Watch till they got hold of an information that could be used against the 4th prince's family and through him to the unsuitable Crown Prince.

Wook & Yeon Hwa

At the Hwangbo residence, the two royal siblings were sitting across from each other in the prince's study. All their conversation were mostly silent but it was all about the 4th prince. How now there was another prince of power in the palace, another person to look out for in the palace. The princess's insecurity over her own status as well as her growing hatred towards Hae Soo was clear beneath her words.

As for the 8th prince, it was the 4th prince that he was slowly starting to hate over and over each day, but he could not let it consume him, at least not yet. So what if he knew that Soo clearly had feelings for So. That must have developed as a coping mechanism so that she will not be miserable, or maybe she was acting that way as it was expected of her. Love, that could be the reason behind the sudden marriage between the two.

It had been close to five months now since Soo had married. Since Lady Hae Myung Hee's death. The marriage proposals for both of them will soon begin, and the princess truly wished that this will be the chance to gain the power that they needed for her brother Wook to be in line for the throne. That seat will allow them to do what their hearts desire. To obtain the person that they both want.

Byul

While various individuals were talking or thinking about them, the 4th prince and Hae Soo was busy with their own meeting. Another meeting filled with tension but this one was of good anticipation. Because the first introductions to your family was always like that. The King, the Astronomer, Crown Prince, three princes, a General and two ladies were back in the same room where they read the letters on that day when they first heard the name 'Seol'. It was only fitting that to meet a girl named Seol, it will be at the same place.

Everyone was silent, all of them waiting as patiently as they could for the three people they were waiting to arrive. And they did not have to wait long, as soon as they were settled in the room comfortably and had time to drink some tea that Woo Hee poured for them, there was a faint knock on the door in warning, before the door opens. All the eyes went to the door, more specifically to the small figure whose back they could see in Lady Soo's arms.

The mother and the daughter were wearing similar colour shirt and the colour of their hair was similar. Right behind them, the fourth prince enters and silently closes the door. The 4th prince quickly takes the child from his wife's arms then bends down to let the child stand on her own. Then in that silence atmosphere of anticipation, the child turns and everyone gets their first look at the child.

That small child was pure and bright. She was so innocent just like her creamy white skin. She had such large clear eyes, but to the King and Baek Ah it was obvious that the slight sharpness in her eye shape was from the 4th prince. Her face was so similar to her mother's, it was almost like a copy, but there were traces of the 4th prince. Physically, the child look like her mother so much and the traces of her father was more subtle.

Looking at all the people in the room, those wide eyes slightly widen before her face breaks out into a smile. A shining, bright smile that lit up the room. It was like the sunlight in the dark. That smile was her mother's. That was something the ladies and the young princes knew easily enough.

Seol locks her eyes to the figure of the disguised king in the middle of the room, and once establishing eye contact with the king, she silently offers a full bow, before sitting on the floor with her knees bent.

"Greetings to the King. It is a pleasure to meet all you. My name is Seol." That small polite gesture, the smile, and the titles Seol will give them in the following hours, that will make a place in the hearts of all of them for her. No one knew but she had gained multiple protectors in the future, who will all do their best to take care of her the best they could. Not to mention start the many small little quarrels over who is her favorite relative, or who get to spend time with her.

Seol for the first time in a long while gets to relax and bask in all the adoration, while her grandfather and her parents simply observes her and commit her happy expression and laughter into their memories. Seol, an adult in a child's body, finally was back with her true family. The Goryeo royal family was once again facing a change that will have a great impact for the nation's future.