Wedding

The World They Create Together

Courtyard

The wedding preparations were all done. Citizens were gathered outside the gate, the ones with some influence were standing around the courtyard. All the guests were in their seat on either side of the aisle. The royal family consisting of the King and his wives were spread across of both side. The Hong Ha Jin Hae clan leaders and Lady Hae Myung Hee were sitting directly opposite where the King and Queen Yoo were seated. The family of the groom and the bride.

Up on the platform, the Astronomer Ji Mong stood together with a monk. In front of them were the wedding altar set up with cushions on either side for the bride and groom as they make their vows. All they were waiting for was the bride and groom. Just as the sun went directly above their heads, the gong sounds as the groom makes his entrance.

The 4th Prince Wang So dressed in his wedding hanbok, his hair still unopened behind him. Following behind him were his brothers, starting from the Crown Prince in order as they walk behind him till the start of the platform, before they split. The groom walking up the steps to the platform on his own, his brothers taking their assigned seats.

Then the second gong sounds, and this time it was the bride that enters. Dressed in a wedding hanbok of blue and red walking down the aisle. All people could think was what a beauty she was. What a beautiful bride was marrying the prince with a mask. As she climbs up the platform, another gong sounds. There they were, the 4th Prince of Goryeo and his "Mysterious Bride" Hae Soo standing across from each other at their wedding ceremony. The people in the courtyard witness at that very moment as smiles appears on both the bride and groom's faces. Both of them smiling so widely with their faces shining.

Wang So

There was only her. His beloved Soo. His one and only queen. Looking like a goddess of the heavens. She would soon be his wife. Just one ceremony, just one ceremony and then she will be his. His person, his wife, his beloved before all the people of Goryeo as well as the heavens.

Hae Soo

There he was. The person that had all of her heart. A very unexpected person but the one that brings her to life. Wang So. This time, she could see his wedding attire. This man would finally be her husband. This marriage was out of love. Not for survival. She will finally call this complex man, her husband. Just after this one ceremony.

Hae Myung Hee

She was alive to witness this. That itself was a true blessing. Soo, her young cousin who was like her child, on her wedding day. She truly is shining on this day more than ever before. Not to mention her smile, she was happy. And looking at the face of the 4th prince, she knew for sure that he loves her. Now she had one less worry. Soo was safe, and she will be protected now.

Wang Wook

She had been taken. Soo, the child that should have been his person, was marrying someone else in front of him. Not just someone, but to So. His half-brother born in the same year as him. Soo was smiling at him. Smiling in a way that she had never done for him. He had asked her if she wanted to escape, if she did not want to marry someone unknown to her. But she had simply said she was fine. Soon, in just a few moments, they will be husband and wife. Soo, the child that let him laugh without worry will be wedded to Wang So, his brother who he now despise for obtaining the treasure that he wanted. But he should not be greedy for a seat that was not his. He shouldn't be.

Hwangbo Yeon Hwa

Hae Soo. That child that she hated, she was taking the place that she had longed for. Even if Wang So did not long for power, she was still a woman and could not stop loving him. But that child, that beggar relative of her sister-in-law, was now the wife of the man she love. And her brother So were smiling, smiling in a way she had never known before, like he had obtained the very treasure of the heavens. She wanted that child to disappear. In this palace, Hae Soo, that child, how long will she survive? Not long, that she was sure. She refused to see the throne go to someone that was not her brother Wook, but she also hated seeing Hae Soo as the wife of her brother So.

Ji Mong

The moment he saw the two, Prince So and Lady Soo standing with their shoulders touching as they both offers their bows to their parents, he saw a vision. In the place of the prince and his bride, now they were a king and a queen. He knew these two were the future of Goryeo. Though he did not know when, these two will be the King and Queen of Goryeo. All these people did not know that at this moment, a future King and his Queen had been married.

The people

The royal couple was beautiful. The groom was not a hideous being, no he was shining like the sun. The bride was a true beauty, a beauty of nature who seemed to shine together with the groom in equal strength. Right as the monk announced the wedding ceremony to be concluded, as the bride and groom bowed together to the crowd, the heavens opened up. Snow was falling. Snow all around them and quickly the courtyard had spots of white. Right in the middle of the snow, shining like a hidden jewel, were the royal couple in their wedding attire. Like the heavens themselves wanted the couple to shine and everything else to fade into the white background.