Red and Black

The World They Create Together

Hae Soo

Snuggling under the covers with your lover, maybe a good way to wake up, but when that lover was a muscular man with ridiculous arm strength, it was hard to leave his side in order to go to the bathroom. Add the fact that it was actually a very possessive warrior who seemed to be determined to hold you to him, it adds another level of difficulty. Soo did not wake So up, but no matter how much she wriggled around, there was no escape from his arms. But there was no mistaking her need to go to the bathroom either. Taking a deep breath, she moves onto her next tactic. Her hand slowly reach towards the king's sides and slowly start to tickle him, hoping and hoping that the sensation will somehow get the prince's arms to loosen around her.

After a couple of false alarms that looked like the king was waking up, finally his arms loosened around her, so she climbed off the bed as quietly as she could. That was when she got her first look at the room she was in.

It was a room that was a mix of 10th century and 21st century. The sofa and TV, an actual TV she internally screamed in delight, was set up like her apartment had been. But the bed was Goryeo dynasty one. The closets were big like modern ones, but their look was ancient. But that was not important, right now, finding the bathroom was. So she walked as quietly as she can while looking for a bathroom door or even a chamber pot. Then she spots a door handle, near where the TV was, so she just head towards it, turning the handle and entering the room. Ignoring the voice in her head telling her that it could be dangerous. And she was glad that she ignored it.

Because right behind that door was a modern dream bathroom with a large vanity that had its counter filled with cleansers, masks and bottles of shampoo, facial wash. Not to mention the MAC makeup kit. And there was a shower stall and bath towels in sight. Not able to contain her excitement, she rushes to finish up her morning business. Before starting on her beauty routine.

It was after she came out of the shower, both her hair and body wrapped in towels that she noticed a huge problem. She had no clothes. The hanbok she was wearing had disappeared along with her underwears. Looks like she had to go out to get clothes out of the closet in the room. She opened the bathroom door slightly, and look across the room at the bed. It looked like the king was still sleeping. It was safe. She open the door fully, and make her way across the room till she was in front of the closets.

She opened the closet on the left first, but it was filled with men's clothes: Goryeo hanboks on one side, 21st century shirts and pants on the other. She would love to look through the closet properly. She was the personal makeup artist for the 4th prince, she had loved to choose his look when she can as it made Wang So shine even brighter to her even back then she was fighting her feelings for him. Her mother always did say that she needed a man who will let her pick his outfits, something her scumbag ex never did for her. Shaking her head to get rid of the thought of that scum, she closed the door of the first closet, then went to the second.

This closet also had both 10th and 21st century, but it was all female and in her size. Since she wanted to be comfortable, and maybe shock the king by wearing a mini-shirt so she head straight for the modern clothes. The first thing she was when she opened one of the drawers below the hangers was lingiene. Bras, underwear and light-slips. Picking up a red set with black lace, she dropped the towel on the spot and just slipping it on. The comfort on wearing her own size was unimaginable. When she was reaching for the slip, she found thigh-high socks. Well if she was wearing provocative clothing, why not go all out. After pulling on the spaghetti strap slip, she bent down to pull on the socks. Then she turned her attention to the clothing hanged in the closet. As she shift through dress-shirts, long skirts, she found a red dress with a black waist belt. The red dress was knee-length and full-sleeved but it was made of high-quality silk, not to mention it was a black lace on top of solid red underlay, so she decided to wear it. Holding the hanger with the dress in one hand and closing the closet with the other, she turn to make her way back to the bathroom to do her makeup when her eyes met a pair of amazed dark brown ones.

A pair of eyes that was filling with signs of love and desire that she could feel herself blushing. Then she realized that the king was awake. HE was awake and no matter when he had woken up, he did not let her know and have enjoyed a personal show. Disbelief and anger overrode her embarrassment as she turn glare at the owner of those love-filled eyes. The supposed to be all-wise and powerful Emperor Gwangjong, Wang So, the ert.

Wang So

He realized that he was in heaven when he opened his eyes that morning. For it was Hae Soo that he saw the moment his eyes opened. So it was not a dream, he had found her and she had forgiven him. Eager to not waste any time with her, they already had so many missed moments, he sat up on the bed and open his mouth to let her know he was awake, when he promptly lost his breath and his voice. Soo was . Well, not truly , her body was covered by what looked like a very large towel, but she was a vision. This woman was a goddess. A goddess that a scarred man like him did not deserve but will never let go off. For she was HIS goddess.

It seemed like she had just gotten out of a bath and how she was heading towards the closet, she must have forgotten to take clothes with her to the bath. She was truly clumsy, he had always wondered how she manage to get into so much trouble so effortlessly. Her magnet for trouble ways always kept him on his toes, ever sharpening both his mind and skills as he protect her from all sorts of things. So turns back to look at Soo, who had opened the closet door wide enough, that he could see her from the side perfectly. It seemed like Soo had found what she was looking for as she had stop digging into the drawers. But instead of taking the items out of the drawers, then going behind a screen to change, Soo dropped her towel.

No matter how much Wang So knew that he should look away, he couldn't. For his Soo was in full daylight in front of him, and she was dressing up. First she put on something to cover her chest, then her private area. Then she pull on something to cover her from the chest to the top of her legs. As he just stared fascinated by the vision in front of him as his lover dressed in garments unfamiliar to him, but familiar to her most likely from her own original world, So realized that she was dressing in red and black. His two favourite colours. The colours of a bride, that she never wore for him. Now, Soo was bending down and pulling on socks on her feet. But what long socks as it covered Soo's legs from her foot to her mid-thigh in black and at top of the sock was a line of solid red going around. All he could do was blink rapidly, as he recovered his breathing, and hoping that Soo will just go and finish dressing alone. It was not the vision of her dressing that he minded, heck he was a warm-blooded male, but his resolve will not hold on much longer before he succumb to his animalistic instincts and neither could his heart take too many surprises.

And it seemed that his wish was going to be granted as Soo now had a dress in her hand, a black decorative fabric on top of red which she was holding it against herself when she turned her body towards where the bed was. As he saw the complete vision in front of him, he knew that he had fell even more in love with her. Hae Soo dressed up in bridal colours was simply beautiful. The most beautiful thing under the heavens. As her eyes met his in surprise, he could feel the desire that he tried to keep under control snapping, even more so when she saw her blush. He moves to get off the bed, and goes towards her, when he is once again surprised.

Soo had thrown an object at him. It was a steel wire, not likely to do any damage but that was not what surprised him, the fact that Hae Soo had thrown something at him was. He lift his eyes up from the ground where he had been staring at the object, into a pair of angry eyes.

"Soo-ya, why?"

"Why? WHY! You ert. You were watching me, like a thief while I was getting dressed. I thought you were a gentleman, but no you were a ert."

"Me, a ert. Then what about you? What kind of woman will walk around not fully dressed in a room where anyone can see you?"

"What kind of woman I am? I am a woman who was trying to get dressed, that too in the favourite colours of her lover, to surprise him, but noo. Her lover had to be a peeping tom."

"Me, a peeping tom? Who was the one that sneaked into spy on the prince's bath?"

"That...that is another matter. The issue here, why did you not let me know that you were awake?"

"I was about to but….you were the one who shocked me into silence, walking the room in a single towel, don't you what a shock you gave me?"

"Oh, a shock. Shock because I was in a towel, or because I was dressing up in front of you?"

"A shock because of how beautiful you are. And how can there be such a fearless woman who undressed completely in a room where she knows there is a man."

"The man in the room was you, Your Majesty. The man who I am all but married to."

By this time, So and Soo were standing facing each other, Unable to resist anymore, So take her arm and pull her towards him, wrapping his arms around her. He felt a small sign into his chest before Soo lifted her face from his chest and relax against him. "Next time, warn me. You can look at me all the time, but please give me a warning."

"Aeraso, but Soo-ya. Don't you remember, you can call me by my name, not Your Highness or Your Majesty."

"It is a habit to call you that, it will just be hard to change. Now, let me go so I can get dressed. I will also get your clothes out so go ahead and take a bath, Your Highness, I meant So-nim. Today you are going to wear the clothes of the future. Then let's go out of this room, if we can. Then I want to hear all the stories."